Gaming Opened my mint Wolf Link Amiibo and...

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
This is where stuff like amiiqo are golden. For $30 or whatever is worth, you get 200 amiibos on one chip. Best purchase I ever made

Gadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to scan the normal Link (smash one) amiibo, it always spawns first scan but it gets very unlikely to spawn all the next scans.

Little tip: don't fuck up like I did and spawn epona too far from a stable,

They don't sell that one at retail anymore from my amazon search. I don't want to pay 45 dollars or more! Am I screwed??

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did this because people where dumping the codes in store.
I believe it was skylander and they updated there stuff and nintendo simply followed when they roll out there amiibo.
But yes it cuts down on collocting them.
But since tagmo came out i buy the figures i want amd leave them in box then some nfc tags and use those for games
Yes, I know why they did it. I was curious if @SonicCloud knew some other method. Doesn't seem like they do as they never responded.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I know why they did it. I was curious if @SonicCloud knew some other method. Doesn't seem like they do as they never responded.
People where cutting the bottom out to remove the foil. Other then that there isnt a way to scan it while its still in the box.
But if you got you an android you can download the amiibo bin file and put it on a nfc tag.
That way you have your amiibo still in box and your have something to use also.

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
Just making sure, you know how that amiibo works right? Wolf Link's hearts directly relate to the hearts you have at the completion of the Cave of Shadows in Twilight Princess HD.

It actually only relates to the hearts Link had in TP HD, I've never completed the Cave of Shadows but my Link had 20 hearts in TP HD and so my Wolf Link have 20 hearts in BOTW. ;)

D

Deleted User

Can we talk about the real Amiibo bullshit of the exclusive items being rare drops? I went out and bought all of the 30th Anniversary amiibo and BotW set and I've only gotten the Wind Waker cap. I've been scanning these things every day since the game came out and no dice. I bought the amiibo just gimme the damn clothes, I don't need anymore fire arrows!

LuigiXHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we talk about the real Amiibo bullshit of the exclusive items being rare drops? I went out and bought all of the 30th Anniversary amiibo and BotW set and I've only gotten the Wind Waker cap. I've been scanning these things every day since the game came out and no dice. I bought the amiibo just gimme the damn clothes, I don't need anymore fire arrows!

save before scanning then reload if it'd not what you want and try again.

Gadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha well I grinded through the first couple hours of twilight princess to get out of the village and become wolf link. Somehow I was able to get amiibo activated in TP, and there's some glitch where my wolf link in BOTW now gets 20 hearts even though I haven't even done any cave of trials in TP. I had never even played TP before because I was working on Wind Waker HD before BOTW was released, now that's on hold too for BOTW. So thanks to the person who mentioned that earlier, it was annoying having to play TP when my heart wasn't in it since I'm focused on BOTW, but I guess it was worth it cuz Wolf Link is gonna take some of these fools down now!

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha well I grinded through the first couple hours of twilight princess to get out of the village and become wolf link. Somehow I was able to get amiibo activated in TP, and there's some glitch where my wolf link in BOTW now gets 20 hearts even though I haven't even done any cave of trials in TP. I had never even played TP before because I was working on Wind Waker HD before BOTW was released, now that's on hold too for BOTW. So thanks to the person who mentioned that earlier, it was annoying having to play TP when my heart wasn't in it since I'm focused on BOTW, but I guess it was worth it cuz Wolf Link is gonna take some of these fools down now!

Even though I reported about the glitch, I couldn't get it to work for me. I got to the part in TP where you start to have free roam/amiibo access, after finishing the first forest area dungeon. (first boss, that giant plant thing) Registered my wolf amiibo, but hit "no" to going to the cave of shadows when asked. (which is what the glitch said you are supposed to do/i.e. never go to the cave) Use the amiibo in botw and only 3 hearts. Kinda funny because I have 4 hearts in TP.
Did you actually go to the cave of trials, but NOT save the wolf data? Did you even get to where it asks you if you want to go to the cave of trials? I'm trying to figure out where the glitch process went wrong for me.

If nothing else, I have some ntag215 tags coming in the mail this week, and can scan a 20 heart wolf bin to them. (but was saving them for the exclusive item amiibos like Sheik and Ganon. Choices....

Gadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wolf link, in the first dungeon with that girl on my back...and I think I tapped the amiibo there on the pause inventory screen, and I may have tapped it at the game title screen before that? I was tapping it here and there trying to get something to happen

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just read about it on the reddit post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/5y4qqd/somehow_my_wolf_link_amiibo_has_20_hearts/

And specifically instructions from this user:
kokomoman[S] 1 point 12 days ago

I mean, part of me is happy that I didn't have to work hard to get 20 hearts, but part of me is guilty for not putting in the time. It seems, from comments here, that any TPHD save file 'held' on Wolf Link Amiibo will cause him to have 20 hearts in BotW. Not even one person has commented that they 'scanned Wolf Link into BotW and he had 12 hearts' or anything. It seems to be binary, either 3 hearts (for a Wolf Link Amiibo without any TPHD save data on it) or 20 hearts (for Wolf Link Amiibo with literally ANY TPHD save data on it).

So maybe I don't actually have TPHD save data 'saved' to it. How do I actually "save" a game save file to the amiibo? (only amiibo I ever had with my wiiU) lol.

Gadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the game asked me about transferring something to my amibo so I did that, that was probably the key

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i was keeping it mint unopened from my twilight princess wii u purchase, but got botw and cracked, cuz enemies are tough and wolf link is a big help. Spawned him up and was hoping for some help with gangbanging enemies. Got one hit killed with an arrow, spawn back, no more wolf link! What a rip! I don't think he should disappear just cuz I die, he wasn't dead. Further, now I have to wait a day to respawn him! I got cheated!

If I were you.. I wouldn't opened it at all. The enemies might be tough but I wouldn't used wolf link as a big help to this game. Patience is a key to beat the enemies instead of this wolf. Guess you learned your lesson.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the game asked me about transferring something to my amibo so I did that, that was probably the key

Ok, but where/how? When I first clicked on the glowing "amiibo" message on the bottom of the wiiU pad (while playing TPHD) it had me give it a nickname and assign it to my wii username. But I don't recall it ever obviously attaching save game data/transferring to it....

Gadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did it BEFORE that message ever showed up while playing. Try tapping at the game title screen and if not, tap it when on the pause menu screen. Make sure everything is clean before that happens, maybe start a new game

Meliodas2255

It makes sense
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have used the 20 hearts wolf link. Although it's useful I found myself trying to protect it most of the time. specially from those guardians. It's fun to have around tho.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did it BEFORE that message ever showed up while playing. Try tapping at the game title screen and if not, tap it when on the pause menu screen. Make sure everything is clean before that happens, maybe start a new game

Ok, hopefully I can wipe the wolf amiibo data off it somehow. I watched a user vid who showed using the wolf amiibo for the first time in TP, but further in the game where I was. Aksed if you want to go to cave of shadows and then had you save your log data if you chose "Yes". But this looked like normal save game data and not any specific save to the amiibo. (like when you finish a portion of the cave and it asks you if you want to save the heart data to the amiibo)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: butthurt aren't ya? can't stand the truth