Homebrew Oot3dHax on 11.0?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any idea why thats happening
Guess whatever @Xiphiidae said before. Need a console with CFW to do it?

g1390089507478942661.jpg

epmode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spent the day preparing an old 3DS XL for custom firmware so I could use it to load oot3dhax on my New 3DS XL but I'm running into a lot of trouble.

My old 3DS XL was loaded by following Plailect's guide to the letter: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This is what I'm doing:
  • Load my OOT3D cart on my old 3DS XL, holding A+B+X+Y as it boots
  • Wipe the save files (I used SVDT to back up my old files)
  • Load the Homebrew Launcher from the 3DS home screen
  • Load oot3dhax by choosing sploit_installer-oot3dhax that I got from the starter.zip archive here: https://smealum.github.io/3ds/
  • The installer detects my OOT card, I choose the default save slot (1) and manually configure it for firmware NEW 11.0.0-33 USA
  • The appropriate files are downloaded and I reboot the system once I see the Success message
  • I put the OOT cart in my New 3DS XL (which is running 11.0.0-33U) and load the save file that is cleearly hacked to pieces
  • The saved game loads normally
  • Once I choose an option that brings me to the menu, my game hangs for a second or two and then crashes back to the 3DS menu with "an error has occurred"
I've retried these steps many times but nothing helps.

I took a look through this thread and saw Khemraj95's suggestion to use oot3dhax_installer.zip linked in post 232. So I gave it a go. I confirmed that I used the correct installer (deku shield, not Hylian) but I get the same "an error has occurred" when I try to activate the hack.

I'd really appreciate any assistance you can provide as I've spent a *long* time on this.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I spent the day preparing an old 3DS XL for custom firmware so I could use it to load oot3dhax on my New 3DS XL but I'm running into a lot of trouble.

My old 3DS XL was loaded by following Plailect's guide to the letter: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This is what I'm doing:
  • Load oot3dhax by choosing sploit_installer-oot3dhax that I got from the starter.zip archive here: https://smealum.github.io/3ds/
  • The installer detects my OOT card, I choose the default save slot (1) and manually configure it for firmware NEW 11.0.0-33 USA
  • The appropriate files are downloaded and I reboot the system once I see the Success message
  • I put the OOT cart in my New 3DS XL (which is running 11.0.0-33U) and load the save file that is cleearly hacked to pieces
  • Once I choose an option that brings me to the menu, my game hangs for a second or two and then crashes back to the 3DS menu with "an error has occurred"

I took a look through this thread and saw Khemraj95's suggestion to use oot3dhax_installer.zip linked in post 232. So I gave it a go. I confirmed that I used the correct installer (deku shield, not Hylian) but I get the same "an error has occurred" when I try to activate the hack.

I'd really appreciate any assistance you can provide as I've spent a *long* time on this.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Homebrew OOT3DHax installer DOES NOT WORK on 11.0 regardless of what installer version you use. It just doesn't work as it hasn't been fixed for 11.0.

You either need a system with <10.7 or a Powersaves device.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

epmode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Homebrew OOT3DHax installer DOES NOT WORK on 11.0 regardless of what installer version you use. It just doesn't work as it hasn't been fixed for 11.0.

Weird. I've read conflicting reports.

Do you have any other suggestions? Stickerhax is also giving me trouble (the Homebrew Launcher starts to load but gets stuck with a black screen on top and a red screen on the bottom).

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird. I've read conflicting reports.

Do you have any other suggestions? Stickerhax is also giving me trouble (the Homebrew Launcher starts to load but gets stuck with a black screen on top and a red screen on the bottom).
Browserhax works on 11.0 now. You can go here to see what other exploits are available.

epmode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Browserhax works on 11.0 now. You can go here to see what other exploits are available.

Before I look in to that, I reread your last post and noticed that you said the oot3dhax INSTALLER won't work on 11.0. I'm aware of that. That's why I'm running the installer on an separate old 3DS that's already on custom firmware.

Are you saying that there's no way for me to get a hacked save on my OOT cart with this old 3DS XL, and then use it to load the Homebrew Launcher on my New 3DS XL 11.0.0-33U?

Last edited by epmode,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is what I'm doing:

Do you even have the boot.3dsx file on your root of sd card?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I look in to that, I reread your last post and noticed that you said the oot3dhax INSTALLER won't work on 11.0. I'm aware of that. That's why I'm running the installer on an separate old 3DS that's already on custom firmware.

Are you saying that there's no way for me to get a hacked save on my OOT cart with this old 3DS XL, and then use it to load the Homebrew Launcher on my New 3DS XL 11.0.0-33U?
Is the old 3DS on the latest firmware? If it is, the installer still won't work.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You will have to manually inject payload into the game to make it work.

epmode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you even have the boot.3dsx file on your root of sd card?

OH GOD I'M DUMB.

I didn't even consider that I also had to prepare the micro SD card on the New 3DS before this would work.

Now that I unzipped the starter.zip file to the micro SD card that's in my New 3DS XL, I was able to get stickerhax working! It no longer gets stuck at the red screen. Homebrew Launcher is up and running

Thank you so much for the suggestion, I feel really silly for not figuring it out earlier.

Last edited by epmode,
Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

cainamm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will have to manually inject payload into the game to make it work.

This ^

I tried this a month or so ago. What everyone has said is correct. You can't use the exploit installer in the homebrew launcher to install the save.
I believe I used to FBI and just manually injected the files myself.....

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH GOD I'M DUMB.

I didn't even consider that I also had to prepare the micro SD card on the New 3DS before this would work.

Now that I unzipped the starter.zip file to the micro SD card that's in my New 3DS XL, I was able to get stickerhax working! It no longer gets stuck at the red screen. Homebrew Launcher is up and running

Thank you so much for the suggestion, I feel really silly for not figuring it out earlier.
This ^

I tried this a month or so ago. What everyone has said is correct. You can't use the exploit installer in the homebrew launcher to install the save.

Well yeah, they are two different SD cards, So you can't take it out from one and put it in the other. That is why i asked, if you had the file on the sd card you are trying to load homebrew on.

Also weather or not the installer inside the starter.zip is update to latest version, I did write guides to manually install the hax with save data injection a few pages ago. Over a month ago :P

There is a installer that does use the payload file stored on the sd card instead of downloading one from the server that you can use by adding the payload to the sd cards folder with the installer and will use that instead.

kain-nosgoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
This ^

i manually injected the files (that i've got on smealum website) with the oothax_offline with my homebrew channel on the old3ds to use it on a N3DS on 11.0.0-33E! Still doesn't work for me unfortunately, tried everything! How do you inject the file with FBI? Also I just need to wait that my friend give me back sticker star and hope that it works too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the... +1