• Start date
  • Views 4,707
  • Replies 36

Y05h1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm just really glad we finally get a portable Zelda once more with button controls. Really, I found the DS Zelda controls to be rather unnecessary, and quite off-putting. I love innovation... but only when it adds something new to the game, not changes it unnecessarily. (My opinion, I know there are those that enjoyed the controls)

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don’t want any Zelda remake... I prefer a new game instead.
Even.. i don’t find necessary to remake this particularly game, they should remake The Adventure Of Link.

Anyway... It will be great to have a in deep storyline, explaining a few more things. Like... what happened to navi and other interesting stuff about how Ganondorf ends in the young link time period.

D

Deleted-188346

OP
NahuelDS said:
I don’t want any Zelda remake... I prefer a new game instead.
We are getting a new game, too!
happy.gif

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it was totally worth remaking/porting this! It brings the game back to life and if they changed anything it better be minor, I want a nostalgic feeling when playing it! Just like 11 years ago.
cool.gif

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Well chances are that it will be the same with some tweaks here and there and some additional content, but I personally wish that all the dungeons were remade, or at least significantly changed.Sure, the good ol' OoT would be good for newcomers, but I've played through it three times (the original, the master quest, and the original again on the Virtual Console).

I don't mind to have the same story and same overworld (I actually hope those stay intact) but it'd be nice if the dungeons were new, or if there were at least new dungeons. Ice Temple, anyone?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I imagine in this new game they'd take out a lot of the glitches that allow people to rape this game for speedruns (you can completely skip the 3 spiritual stones by glitching through the wall in the temple of time, you can also go anywhere with bomb floating, and you can also do the endless sword swing glitch, etc.)

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
Theraima said:
I heard and have read somewhere that the Water Temple was quite hard at the time.
No kidding. If you used a key in the wrong place, you were stuck. If you didn't have a back-up save, you had to restart the ENTIRE GAME.

Happened to me. This means that I've never finished OOT.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Theraima said:
I heard and have read somewhere that the Water Temple was quite hard at the time.

I'm sure that one was much harder...but I had a lot of trouble with the water (lakebed) temple in TP...it's just that the puzzles required you to go through a bunch of different rooms to do different things so that one larger (yet miniscule compared to the entire dungeon) thing gets done. You go through a hallway for just a second, and you really need to memorize where it is and what's in it.

That and I just suck
tongue.gif
...but I do love the games!

D

Deleted-188346

OP
Gnargle said:
If you used a key in the wrong place, you were stuck. If you didn't have a back-up save, you had to restart the ENTIRE GAME.
Haha, I also did that! Although, I restarted the game from the beginning (after taking a good break from the game...needed to calm down, lol!), and finished it eventually. I was like, 11 then, though. I also had trouble with the Forest Temple.

Donald Serrot

Trophies
Website
3dporch.com
XP
Country
United States
The Forest Temple gave me no end of grief! It was harder than the Water Temple for me in some ways, but not as much of a headache. I'd love to see an improved Water Temple, new minigames too.

Back when the DS originally came out I had a dream of seeing it ported over like Mario 64, I had even worked out design ideas for how buttons could work and such. One of my ideas also involved a separate minigame menu where after you played that minigame in the main game it would be unlocked there, and with multiplayer. IE: best times for like the Chicken catching game or the horseback target shooting, and maybe a multiplayer fight system where you could use semi-custom characters. Something like you could chose from different hats, faces, cloths, colors for cloths, weapons, etc, all for simply looks and individuality. Maybe that latter idea was a longshot, but I could see some kind of extra minigames added, and some competitiveness would be welcome.

I'm the kind of guy too (to go back to extra gameplay) who likes to see additional content added to a remake. I think the main story is too important to really mess with anything in there other than dungeon retooling, but maybe something like an extra post game mini-story could tie in well. Maybe add in an extra dungeon and do something to bridge the story between OoT and MM and leave it hanging right where MM picks up. That would work out perfectly too if they decided to remake MM too. Build up some extra hype for that.

And lets think a little bit farther too. Remember when we were given the gift of A Link to the Past on the GBA? We were also given the first iteration of the Four Swords with it. And upon completion of Four Swords we got an extra ability in Link to the Past. Maybe they could work in something similar. Have a Wi-Fi co-op enabled Four Swords with an OoT bonus once you finish it. There is allot of potential for SOMETHING awesome to be worked in like these ideas. They have 2GB of game space to work with, and as amazing as it is I don't think just OoT would take up all that space. They don't HAVE to use all the available space, but I think a game like this deserves it.

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
additional content?
im thinking an Extra Dungeon or two.
or maybe an option to turn Master quest dungeons mode off and on

but im hoping for an awesome secret item, or even Wii connectivity to obtain the "Skywards Sword" from the new Zelda

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the jabu jabu belly in Oracle Of Ages was the hardest temple on that game
guess that all the water temple are the mos difficult

adrian2040

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
In the original Ocarina of Time, the Zoras were supposed to be unfrozen later. However, they never were. If I remember correctly, this was because they just couldn't code it in time for the release date.

Maybe they'll actually unfreeze them this time.

D

Deleted-188346

OP
adrian2040 said:
In the original Ocarina of Time, the Zoras were supposed to be unfrozen later. However, they never were. If I remember correctly, this was because they just couldn't code it in time for the release date.

Maybe they'll actually unfreeze them this time.
Haha, that makes sense actually, about Nintendo not being able to code it. Some people think that it was because of the amount of ice that covered the Zora domain...however, considering it wasn't natural ice, and was infact caused by magic, it never felt right that nothing changed.

Let's just hope they don't exclude more features because of the 3DS release date!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up +1