Gaming OoT Remake, additional content?

• Thread starter Deleted-188346
  • Start date
  • Views 4,640
  • Replies 36
D

Deleted-188346

OP
Considering they have upped the graphics significantly from the original, added 3D, and it's (more than likely) a launch title for the 3DS, do you think it will contain additional content? Or, do you think they'll stay true to the original in every way?

Personally, I think that due to the fact that the 3DS has the accelerometer, the potential for additional excellent puzzles would be too great to not introduce more content. Much like Masterquest (although MQ had minor additions). And, surely Nintendo is a bit beyond doing a straightforward port.

Any thoughts?

D

Deleted_171835

OP
I suppose it'll just be a port with a few stuff remaked with better graphics and controls. They don't want to change the game from the original. Kind of like how Super Mario 64 was remaked for the DS. All the original features were kept intact with just a few graphical and design additions.
If they changed it a lot, it wouldn't be considered Ocarina of Time, anymore.

PikaPerson01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they add anything I hope it's just in the "minigames" section and they leave the main game exactly as it was. Of course... assuming it gets a Mario64DS style minigames section. Then again, I recall some higher up in Nintendo stating that they "didn't want to make ports" and would only transfer games if they could add something that would enhance the experience.

D

Deleted-188346

OP
nIxx said:
I think just wait it doesn´t make any sense to speculate about it now. Especially in this soon state
No harm in speculation, it's exciting to think about the possibilities.

QUOTE(SoulSnatcher @ Jun 18 2010, 04:44 PM) I suppose it'll just be a port with a few stuff remaked with better graphics and controls. They don't want to change the game from the original. Kind of like how Super Mario 64 was remaked for the DS. All the original features were kept intact with just a few graphical and design additions.
If they changed it a lot, it wouldn't be considered Ocarina of Time, anymore.
I agree, they shouldn't change a lot. The storyline, dialogue, characters etc, should all be the same, but I wonder if Nintendo will add anything? Perhaps make the running man beatable, haha! Or maybe just a few new puzzles. I think that with the 3DS's capabilities, it would be a shame to just make a graphically superior direct port.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The designer did say he specifically wanted to redesign the water temple. Said he was unhappy with the final design, which he was forced to rush through and complete before it was finished. So you can expect a redone water temple at least.

I can imagine them redoing some of the dungeons and such. More than just what they said.

Y05h1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The mario 64 remake had significant differences (including 30 new stars), so I'd expect some changes and additions for the OoT remake. I doubt temples or anything to do with the main quest/storyline will be altered, however as stated new minigames could be expected, as well as something new similar to the Gerudo Training Grounds (also, hopefully they will make the ice arrows more useful...).

I'm expecting at least one new item, though nothing ground-breaking, more for fun/battle purposes (Possibly the prize for a new side-quest chain).

A new dungeon (maybe post-game) could be fun, though I doubt it. But I don't expect an entirely straightforward port with new graphics, rather some new.

Also, they are probably going to include a fortune-teller à la Twilight Princess, to give the option to players for easier heart-piece/skulltula collection. (Hardest Zelda game in my opinion to get all 20 hearts in...)

PS. A boss rush mode (Castlevania style) would be fun, although this is probably just wishful thinking...

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Y05h1 said:
The mario 64 remake had significant differences (including 30 new stars), so I'd expect some changes and additions for the OoT remake. I doubt temples or anything to do with the main quest/storyline will be altered, however as stated new minigames could be expected, as well as something new similar to the Gerudo Training Grounds (also, hopefully they will make the ice arrows more useful...).
I consider the secret stars minor. Most of them involved collecting red coins. Seemed like a lame way to prolong the game.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
Y05h1 said:
I consider the secret stars minor. Most of them involved collecting red coins. Seemed like a lame way to prolong the game.
There were some new courses as well, and of course 3 new playable characters. The secret stars i assume you mean silver stars. The red coin challenges were there already. Generally, the new stars they added either had you hunt for silver stars or beat a time limit back to the star. The new courses were generally for the unlockable characters, a few of which were kind of cool. Even catching all those rabbits was fun to unlock the minigames (and to its credit, this is the one minigame collection i actually enjoyed).

Y05h1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
SoulSnatcher said:
Y05h1 said:

Agreed, however they are completely optional as the game does not require all stars for completion. So for me they were a welcome addition, as they did not affect the original content. So anything similarly new in the Zelda remake is fine with me, as long as it is, again, optional.

Theraima

I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
QUOTE said:
The designer did say he specifically wanted to redesign the water temple. Said he was unhappy with the final design, which he was forced to rush through and complete before it was finished. So you can expect a redone water temple at least.

I heard and have read somewhere that the Water Temple was quite hard at the time.

Anyway, probably only something minor additions, no point changing too much if they say its a remake.

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Aonuma: We've talked about remixing Ocarina of Time for a long time, saying "should we remake Ocarina of Time for Wii?" And, to be honest, I said no. I didn't want to just re-release it on a different platform -- I wanted to have a specific reason to remake Ocarina of Time. I didn't want to just make a port. And so I was waiting for something to come along that would not only help us to retell the story, but improve upon it. Making it different, more unique in its own way. Now, with 3D, we're able to take the environments of Hyrule and add depth -- giving them a more expansive feeling, a more immersive feeling. In addition to that, now that we have the 3D we can looking forward to new ways to implement 3D into the gameplay and make it fresh and new. And we also have the motion sensors that are built-in to the Nintendo 3DS. So we're looking at quite a few ways to make the gameplay more immersive, more natural, more accessible. So again, not just a port -- but a retelling of the tale using new technologies to reinvent it.

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/109/1099435p2.html

According to that, We're getting new content
biggrin.gif

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Link's model seems different (more details) on the screens. And also, the 2d parts (like castle town) seem to have remade in full 3d (look inside the castle in one of the screen), that's already enough for me.

D

Deleted-188346

OP
SoulSnatcher said:
Yeah, I agree. Although, the extra stages, bosses, and characters (excluding the ridiculously overpowered Luigi) were excellent, although they didn't feel quite natural to the game. I hope they do a better job this time ensuring that the overall feel of the original is kept fully intact within the extra content.

As stated above, an extra optional quest for the OoT remake would be great, with perhaps an optional item/weapon.

Perhaps some very minor, subtle changes to the dialogue of the minor characters would be welcome as well.

I'm just thinking that even with the graphical update, I won't enjoy the game quite so much if it is an identical copy of the original. A few clever differences here and there would make another playthrough much better.

Of course, I'm still extremely pumped for it. Not knowing what they'll do is the most exciting thing.
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the quote! Man, well, that settles it! I wonder what they'll change, and how much they'll change?

Y05h1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
flobo said:
Link's model seems different (more details) on the screens. And also, the 2d parts (like castle town) seem to have remade in full 3d (look inside the castle in one of the screen), that's already enough for me.

Yeah, he does look more like like he does in the OoT artwork (which I absolutely adore, best Link design out of all the games I think). And really, they could keep the game the exact same, I would still purchase it to have a portable version. But every new addition is welcome
smile.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flobo said:
All the models are better looking, and you're probably right about Castle Town being 3D (and the other indoor parts like Link's House). You mean this pic right?

997842_20100617_screen002.jpg

That in itself wouldn't confirm anything though, it's just on the outside. We need to see inside first, and this game is not the final product.

flobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, that's what i meant.
It was crappy looking 2d from the outside of all zones in the original. There would be no point of generating a 3d castle town for people to see from far away and not from close IMO, but i could be wrong.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see good point. Well i think it's likely to be in 3D, unless they can produce high quality 2D. But that might not do well with the effect unless there are multiple layers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs