Gaming One save per Amiibo? That's Stupid

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So by this point we know that Mario Party 10 supports amiibo, and that it reads and writes data to the amiibo, which makes it the only game to do so other than Smash Bros.. Though it seems if you're intent on not buying the same character's amiibo twice, you're screwed if you want to keep your Smash Bros. data.

In Mario Party 10, scanning an amiibo on to the Game Pad will unlock an amiibo board based on that character. You know what that also does? It deletes your Smash Bros. data.

Wat.

Now, we knew from the start that amiibo will only store data for one game at a time. But Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors also possess a similar function, unlocking content but without the forced deletion of Smash Bros. save data.

The alleged difference here is that in Mario Party 10, the game writes data to the amiibo by saving your personalized board layout to the amiibo- not to the console. It could have saved to the console's system memory, but Nintendo a.) wants you to suffer, and/or b.) wants you to buy another amiibo of the same character.

This is not ok, Nintendo. I just want to have every board at my disposal- while still being able to retain all my level 50 Smash Bros. amiibo. Is that really too much to ask? No, Iwata, it's time you tried to understand me.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Let's face it, Amiibo for Smash Bros was a pretty dumb idea, the only thing it's good for is if you wanna practice against them when they hit level 50.

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pretty smart from a business point of view.

Not saying that it is a good decision, tho.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I foresee family massacres where the tragedy started with a toddler accidentally deleting dad's smash profile. :P

Well...no. Not really. It's a typical first world problem. Watch me care...

What? You don't see anything? Well...EXACTLY!

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
Yea sucks but reading up on these things can save us the bother. I've not bought any yet as I'll be looking to see what games I'll be using them for.

I collect the infinity figures but as they only work with one game then I'm used to it and have no issues with it. I'll probably go for the Mario bros amiibos

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The worst part about the amiibos are the shortages and that takes the fun out of collecting them.

Edit: Apparently Splatoon amiibos will be a thing.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah f**k this shit. I expected an amiibo to be able to hold at least 8gb of storage 2gb of RAM, a 2 GHz CPU with SLI graphic cards. And a blu-ray player (preferably a burner but I don't want to be too demanding).

That would be awesome, but it's missing a flux capacitor.

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe in an update the wiiu gets the ability to backup and restore amiibos saves while checking if the save for the file is in use (so people don't just re-use the same save whenever an amiibo is unssuccesfully trained)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel