(´ε` )
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't sure whether or not to put this in here or in the Backup Loaders section, so I apologize

I'm in the process right now of modding my older brother's Wii, and I installed every wad and such that I needed and went to test some games on it

I launch WiiFlow, choose a game, and it doesnt work
I try another game, that doesnt work. At this point I'm thinking it's the SD card, as it is a 4gb, and that maybe because it's an SDHC card it could be issues with WiiFlow or something. I try my 2gb card, still nothing. As a last guess I try my HD on the Wii, and it works. I also try my HD with his SD card and it also works

I theorized that it's his HD. I don't know what my HD is specifically but it is a 750gb Western Digital (WD) portable HD. The HD my brother got for me to use is this

The HD is formatted to FAT32 with a 32kb cluster size, because his main use for the Wii as of now is Gamecube games. Dios Mios (not Lite) works perfectly. It just works without a single issue. Regular Wii games launch through WiiFlow with just a black screen and no progress of loading. Any suggestions?

tl;dr I modded a Wii, my HD works, his doesn't. Both are FAT32 with 32KB clusters
Edit: I've modded my Wii before, so I know how things work. I think the problem is just his hard drive and nothing else

Edit Again:
Ok, I modded my Wii before like I said. I get all the HBC stuff and I get everything except the ios and cios stuff. I'm gonna try to "redo" the mod following a different guide. Can someone link me to a full proper guide for 4.3u? I know I can search but there's so many guides around that I don't know which is the latest to date

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That HDD you linked to that you say your brother has is USB3.0, which may be what is causing problems. I've heard that sometimes you can get better results if you use a cable that only does USB2.0, odd as that sounds since everything's supposed to be backwards compatible with USB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, there wasnt even a conversation in place