Gaming One Piece UC SP -Should I buy?-

dayjay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been interested in buying One Piece Unlimited Cruise SP but now I'm not so sure.
The fact that half the game has been cut doesn't bother me too much as I have never played either parts, however ONM UK have released a review saying "There's a very good game in there, but it's smothered by dull arbitrary exploring. 60%"
I've seen the reviews of the original versions on metacritic and there seems to be a few conflicting opinions about these games. Also, I've looked around and it seems that the original versions are very hard to find and extremely expensive.
Could you tell me your thoughts on the matter and help me decide if it is worth buying?

knoxvillz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I'm technically in the same boat as you, I was originally really excited about the game but after hearing that episode 2 got cut out really put me off buying it. The trailers for the game look good though, and I'm pretty sure that if you enjoy adventure games you'll enjoy playing this game. If your not really bothered about the cut content then why not get the game?As you said already the Wii one is pretty hard to find and I'm pretty sure this will end up the same as well. If your still really not sure, why not try downloading the ones for the Wii and seeing if you like it?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Of course there's a lot of exploration, it's an adventure game where you explore the islands one by one. It's not a bad thing, it's a good one.
You have to come back later to access locked area, and advance in the story.

I think cruise has a good amount of exploration and story balance.

I found Unlimited Adventure a lot harder, you had to explore almost blindly and find everything yourself.
Well, maybe I find Cruise easier because I already finished Adventure which are based on the same gameplay.
Sometime there will be easter egg from the first game (Adventure), but it won't block you from playing Cruise if you never played adventure.

What I liked in Cruise is that they kept the Japanese voices and they translated the game using the originals character's names, not the one from the French manga (in France, the manga has different names, sandy=sanji, pipo=usopp, you see the kind of weird names).

I guess they will release the second part later, like they did on the Wii.
There will be certainly a way to transfer the save to the second cartridge using the 3DS internal memory.

If you like One piece, it's a good and funny game.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Episode/Part 2 COULD eventually arrive Nintendo just needs to see enough sales that would make them want to release it.

So we have to pay for part 2, whereas in Japan they got 1 and 2 together. Its pathetic.

Episode/Part 2 COULD eventually arrive Nintendo just needs to see enough sales that would make them want to release it.

So we have to pay for part 2, whereas in Japan they got 1 and 2 together. Its pathetic.

Whatever makes the big N money man.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system