Hacking On the ability to play backups without drive chip

plasticpie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theclaw said:
We need a softmod. It'll improve things other than piracy, you know.

Like playback of large video files.

We have that with MPlayerWii. Just put them on your SD card and your good to go. Softmods are good too though.

Krono89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, not without SDHC support. Right now a DL DVD is your best bet for large or multiple video file playback.

edit: Not to mention the file size limitations, I happen to have an origin film copy of Ben-Hur, suffice to say its a 7GB xViD file now, and with the size limitations of the FAT file system, I wouldn't be able to watch that on my Wii.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
CUBEpro said:
nitrotux said:
I'm very sceptical about "someone being told by Waninkoko" about this, because it just sounds like bullshit.

"Message for the rest: Don't ask me, I don't know anything else." -- sounds like he's posting something he does not really understand.

Waninkoko did post in the thread though.
And if my spanish is correct he says something about searching for an AK47... So I guess he's pissed!

lol, from what I've read, he seems not so much
rolleyes.gif

how much do you bet this is only a comedy show setup by waninkoko to avoid getting wiibrew gurus disaprovment once again (like with the pirated VC storm that began with the release of WAD installer and unencrypted NAND dumper)

where is the popcorn emoticon, the wii scene is becoming more & more like a soap opera
wacko.gif

nitrotux

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is that last thing marcansoft says on the elotrolado forum about the DVD exploit?

The translation service gives back very bad engrish

Forcystos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
marcan @ elotrolado said:
No, todavía no saben nada. Bueno, ahora si, pero antes no. No habíamos llegado a esa fase de la comunicación.
Por cierto, te faltan cosas. Esto no es toda la película. Ya sois varios los que decís de conocer el bug, pero os falta algo.

En los próximos publicaremos días una librería para leer DVD-Rs sin chip en homebrew. Y digo públicamente: Waninkoko y compañía, absteneros de sacar un cIOS con esto, ya que no es necesario (reitero lo de que yo se algo que vosotros no sabéis).

Y para los que quieren piratear, ya que hemos visto que usar el bug para ello no es trivial, la pregunta es... ¿tendréis algún hacker de IOS con las habilidades necesarias como para convertir esto en un backuploader (y la intención) - sobre todo a corto plazo?
No, they still don't know. Well, now they do, but they didn't before. We hadn't gotten to that point of communication. By the way, you're missing some things. This isn't all of the film. There's already a few who say they know the bug, but are missing something.

Within the next days we will publish a library to read DVD-Rs without a chip in homebrew. And I say publicly: Waninkoko and co., refrain from releasing a cIOS with this, since it's not necessary (I repeat the fact that I know something you [plural you] don't know).

And for those who want to pirate, since we have seen using the bug for it isn't trivial, the question is... do you have an IOS hacker with the necessary ability to turn this into a backup loader (and the intention) - and on short term?

del76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question and I dont have the link anymore but havent we had the ability to play DVD video with a mod chip since September last year. I see that asked a lot where people want to watch dvds and this has been available for a while believe though GC mode

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
del76 said:
Just a question and I dont have the link anymore but havent we had the ability to play DVD video with a mod chip since September last year. I see that asked a lot where people want to watch dvds and this has been available for a while believe though GC mode

I believe that you are referring to the Team Symbiote DVD Player. Yes, I think it allowed you to play DVDs on the Wii, but only if it was modified with a drive chip. However, I think that the player had quite a few bugs in it, and it was also in GameCube mode. Therefore, there was no access to the Wii Remote, or any other Wii features.

blinktoday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone translate this for me?

Re: Publicación del bug de lecura de dvd's

Mensajepor marcansoft Hoy 21:43

ArangeL escribió:

marcansoft escribió:[...]

Pues no lo entiendo. Si sólo se quería "saber" la respuesta de Nintendo ¿qué hubiera costado haber publicado (junto a la carta, en otro sitio, por ejemplo) que dicho método saldría en forma de librería para dar acceso al homebrew al uso de discos DVD-R próximamente; y acallar los gritos sobre supuestos "loaders" con respuestas como "dicho método sólo aporta la posibilidad de lectura de discos grabables para la máquina, no una carga de juegos". Con eso se hubiera acallado los miles de posts sobre este tema que han inundado EOL durante este tiempo (y muchas otras webs).

El método nuevo se descubrió después de lo anterior. Y queríamos saber la respuesta de Nintendo. En este caso, la respuesta de Nintendo parece ser que no nos toman muy en serio, ya que han contestado pero muestran poco interés, así que vamos a sacar la lib.

beatleariel escribió:Y con esta forma no disminuirías la piratería dando tú el código y cortandole el rollo a los que se lucran vendiendo/instalando chips de dudosa legalidad?

¬_¬ Piensa un poco... si se les corta el rollo a los vendedores de chips es porque hay una alternativa mas barata (en este caso, de precio cero). Y evidentemente eso va a aumentar la piratería. Que se haga por chips o por backuploader da igual. Joder, que esto es de primero de economía.

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marcansoft wrote :[...]

So do not understand. If only wanted "to know" the answer of what would have cost Nintendo having published (along with the letter elsewhere, for example) that this method would be in the form of granting access to the library for the use of Homebrew DVD-R discs soon and stifle the cries on alleged "loaders" with answers like "this method only provides the opportunity to read recordable discs for the machine, not a load of games." With that had been silenced the thousands of posts on this subject that have flooded EOL during this time (and many other sites).

The new method was discovered after the foregoing. And we wanted to know the answer to Nintendo. In this case, the answer seems to be that Nintendo does not take us very seriously, as they have answered but show little interest, so we're going to get the lib.

beatleariel wrote: And with this form does not diminish piracy giving you the code and cut the roll to those who profit by selling / installing chips dubious legality?

_ ¬ ¬ think a bit ... if they are short sellers to roll the chip is because there is a cheaper alternative (in this case, price zero). And obviously it's going to increase piracy. That is done by chips or backuploader never mind. Shit, this is the first economy.
Spanish

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really don't see how chip's will become extinct after a softmod... look at all the other consoles... there are still chips for the PS2, even though there is a softmod (HardDrive loader, swap disc), the xbox has 4 or 5 chips, and a softmod... The gamecube even had a softmod (really long softmod, but still), and there were still chips for it!

Softmods aren't for everyone, just like chips aren't.

Even if a softmod comes out for the Wii, chips will still be sold.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto