That guy!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, this is my 2nd last week as a recruit, a lot of things have happened, most of them are pretty fun
smile.gif

On monday, we had another ippt, which is basically for those who don't know, it's just a test for them to categorized us into guys who are physically unfit and physically fit and really physically fit.

That was in the morning, followed by another strength training where we lift dumbbells and do exercises with them. We also train with medicine balls.

In the afternoon, we had a new module called Arms drill, basically, it's like our usual footdrill, but now with guns.

We learnt how to sling our guns again which is old news, and 2 new drills, which is basically to shift your gun from your side of your arms to the high pod pose and how to recover from that.

On tuesday, we have another ippt, strange how they think that 1 day and a miracle will happened and we will all be able to pass, but well, it's a pretty typical day, we have more pt lessons.

On wednesday, we had our 2.4km roadmarch and at our final destination, we saw tekong hot spring, unforunately, we were not able to take a dip in it, which is just as well, the water is filthy as heck being all natural
smile.gif

Next, we had some module called current affair discussion which turns out to be another standby area, so it's either that they had changed that lesson without telling us, or that this could be the lesson itself, in that we are to infer from our current situation and relate them to current affairs?

If so, then to me, it meant that perhaps, our bunk would be the economy and the condition of the bunk refers to how messed up the economy is at the moment. The sergeants would be the government and we (the recruits) are the citizens. The economy is messed up, and the government are shouting out orders and pushing out measures, but it's the citizen who are doing all the word while the government just relax in their place and when the economy doesn't improved, we, the citizen are blamed for not putting in the effort within that time constraint, and we are punished for that.

On thursday, we had our last ippt and as usual, i did not passed, but at least my results are improving. After that, we had our close combat lessons, we didn't learn much on that day, as most of it was revisions. After that, in the afternoon, we had another cleaning session and when that was done, we were asked to fall in and be splited into swimmers and non-swimmer. I, being part of the non-swimmer group, joined up and we were off to the swimming pool to take our cat test. This test is to check who are the swimmers and who are still struggling to swim.

While we non-swimmers were taking a dip, the swimmers were stuck doing shit work(kinda literally) as they were cleaning the sewage instead.

On friday, which was today, we went for a new module called Judgement shooting, this is where we praticsed our rules of engagement in a simulator which our sirs said plays like counter strike but that's bullshit, i hate to say it, but counter strike is hell more fun that this game.

For 1 thing, the physics are better, another thing, there's no waiting for your enemy to shoot you before u shooting them back, if u see a hostile, u open fire.

Anyway, that's the short and summarized version of week 8. I have just 1 more week till that's the end of me being a recruit and me being a private.

mrfatso

That guy!!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Delta517 said:
Sounds like the army isn't that boring as you would think then.
tongue.gif

surprisingly, ya it isn't as bad, but still given a choice, i would still pick getting a job then serving the nation, at least i could support my parents with a higher pay, at the moment, i can't really give them much since on certain period, i require the cash for some events like next week, i will be pretty drained thanks to all the celebration that we will probably have
smile.gif

Slacker week(i hope) here we come
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.