OMGodz Suspiciuos filez is on mah SD KARD

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by OriginalHamster, Dec 30, 2008.

1. OriginalHamster
    OP

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    I find those files in my SD, I was able to see them through SD Explorer, crappy Windows doesn't show nothing

DLL32.EXE
    AUTORUN.INF
    RECYCLERls-15-21-14

I was make sure that they aren't files used by any HBC app. I want delete those.

2. DaRk_ViVi

Member DaRk_ViVi ...is everywhere!

Italy
    It's a stupid virus the clones itself on every usb key / sd / external hd.
    Just remove those 3 files from there and from every other external device you plugged in your pc. [​IMG]

Be careful to open the devices using Right click -> Open or else you will load it again (it's the autorun the change the double click behaviour on opening the device).

3. kaik541

Newcomer kaik541 Member

United States
    To the best of my knowledge, nothing uses those. Only thing I can figure is your SD card had an autorun prompt or installer when you first got it and you deleted the actual installer file. They're more than likely just hidden files (in explorer go to "Tools" "Folder Options" "View" and choose the radio button that says "show hidden files, folders, and drives".

They're windows files that aren't necessary for the Wii

4. OriginalHamster
    OP

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
  5. To my knowledge, recycler is a Windows Recycle bin on that card.

Any drive that you delete stuff on, will have a recycle bin like that. [​IMG]

The reason I know this is because recycler has been on my hard drives and when I checked it, it took me to my recycle bin.

Now, the autoboot and exe thing could be a virus. :wtf:

But don't be alarmed if Recycler doesn't go away! =] It's going to stay.

6. friknfrak

Newcomer friknfrak Advanced Member

United States

He's right. I'm a PC tech for a local repair company and I see this thing almost every day.
    Their are 2 known versions of this worm.
    1. does what you ended up with, extra files that are designed to autoload an excutable/dll on mount. Can be cleaned by deleting.
    2. does the same as above only it also hacks your partition so it can't be cleaned as easily, requires a clean and format.

BTW, Fat/Fat32 shouldn't store a "recycler" system folder on the root. That was implimented in Win2K+XP. so deleting it is safe (on removable media).

To be sure you have removed this worm completely, search your entire PC for that DLL32.EXE file and in any folder it's found, delete it and the autorun.inf.
    Then it should not be able to re-infect your media.

On a side note, if you had NOD32 (the only antivirus that is smart enough to catch these common buggers) you wouldn't have gotten it in the first place [​IMG]
    Say no to CPU eating AV's like Norton and Mcafee. All hail the AV winner NOD32 [​IMG]