Older newbie...

brokey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so I am an older newbie researching info cos my 7 yo son is about the get a DS Lite for XMas...

So...am after info on what to get to give the DSL added functionality and in the long run, save dough...
What I would like is to be able to download games, transfer them to the DSL and my son to play them...to be able to play movies, music and other would be a bonus...

Have read about EZFlash and am wondering if a EZ Flash IV +1024MB Combo would be a good option (I am getting confused as I didnt realise there was so much around)...

Please go easy on me
wink2.gif

cheers

col

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well at the moment to run that CART (ez4) on your sons DS you would need to crack it with an alternate firmware or buy a thing called a Passme device, this device allows your son to run these games from the GBA SLOT and bybasses certain encriptions or whatever to stop us from playing ROMs.
I suggest waiting about 2 weeks for the NEW EZ5, check it out. The bonus about this type of cart is that it still takes Micro SD cards but it has an inbuilt Passme device.

Hope this helps.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i suggest you get a slot 1 card if you have no idea about the ds like the ds-xtreme the ds-xtreme is that simple a 7 year old can do it himself but he would not be able to work a slot 2 card. with the ds-xtreme all you need to do is plug it in and drag the files across

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Something like the EZ-Flash V would be a good idea as TheStump and thegame07 said. All you would need is that flashcard and a micro SD card (and sd card reader of some sort). No hassle and very easy to use.

brokey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for all the replies....looks like I will wait for the EZV to be made available and go from there...any ideas as to the price?

cheers

col

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1