Hacking Old Nyx GUI found! There will be dragons!

PedroSantiago

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I'm new here and ask for your help guys! I updated my Switch to 11.0.1 and everything went alright and I even installed the Disgaea 6 demo and it worked fine. But when I injected the hekate payload the message on the Title appeared. I don't use online features and want to use my Hacked Switch just to basic features, install and play games. I want to know if I can keep using my Switch without that Nyx thing considering that the update went good and I'm actually playing games or something could went wrong if I don't install that Nyx thing. And is there a way I can keep my switch as it is and play early releases? Thanks in advance and sorry if my english is bad!

p.s: I used this video to update:

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new here and ask for your help guys! I updated my Switch to 11.0.1 and everything went alright and I even installed the Disgaea 6 demo and it worked fine. But when I injected the hekate payload the message on the Title appeared. I don't use online features and want to use my Hacked Switch just to basic features, install and play games. I want to know if I can keep using my Switch without that Nyx thing considering that the update went good and I'm actually playing games or something could went wrong if I don't install that Nyx thing. And is there a way I can keep my switch as it is and play early releases? Thanks in advance and sorry if my english is bad!

p.s: I used this video to update:
First of all, never EVER follow video guides; they are not published by trustworthy people let alone developers and are outdated the moment they are out. Secondly, that error is due to you not updating the bootloader folder on your SD card with the latest bootloader from the Hekate GitHub page which you can find here.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is going to sound odd. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this happen.

I'm on the latest version of Hekate atmosphere etc. I've also got all my payloads in the bootloader/payload folder. I have payload launcher installed via homebrew.

This was I can launch anything (such as lockpick or tegra etc) from either atmosphere or Hekate.

Anyway I was in tinfoil and in the navigation panel there's a section labelled payloads. So I thought I'd click on Hekate from there.

It launched Hekate 5.62, I'm on 5.65 so I'm baffled by this or how it happened. I never even had 5.62. I went from v5.57 straight to 5.65.

Does tinfoil try to update these for you?? I actually don't know it was tinfoil it could have been tegra explorer. I recently used syncfix as a bought a new pad about 2 days ago.

But it seems really odd. If anyone knows what's going on let me know. I've put everything back to the latest version so I'm only using my trusted launchers at the moment.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is going to sound odd. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this happen.

I'm on the latest version of Hekate atmosphere etc. I've also got all my payloads in the bootloader/payload folder. I have payload launcher installed via homebrew.

This was I can launch anything (such as lockpick or tegra etc) from either atmosphere or Hekate.

Anyway I was in tinfoil and in the navigation panel there's a section labelled payloads. So I thought I'd click on Hekate from there.

It launched Hekate 5.62, I'm on 5.65 so I'm baffled by this or how it happened. I never even had 5.62. I went from v5.57 straight to 5.65.

Does tinfoil try to update these for you?? I actually don't know it was tinfoil it could have been tegra explorer. I recently used syncfix as a bought a new pad about 2 days ago.

But it seems really odd. If anyone knows what's going on let me know. I've put everything back to the latest version so I'm only using my trusted launchers at the moment.
I only noticed because of the message about dragons.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Its a closed-source homebrew app. What did you expect? Just move onto another title installer, there are better ones out there.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its a closed-source homebrew app. What did you expect? Just move onto another title installer, there are better ones out there.

I didn't expect it to modify my homebrew without asking. There are massive pluses to tinfoil because of the shops. It also has a lot of handy things like chests, backup manager and incognito intergated.

That said I'm really not happy about it messing with my system (I don't see why the dev would put the work in to do that if he thought it was a "feature"). I've never been a fan of the telemetry either. I mean what's this information for? Where's it going? And why is it needed? It's a shame the others don't have the ability to at the Https shops. Guess I've got a decision to make 🤔. I've heard good things about tinwoo?

Oh if anyone is interested I think you can block the telemetry by adding the following 2 lines to the emummc.txt file (in atmosphere/hosts). There maybe other domains. Id have allowed the telemetry if the app didn't mess with my system.

127.0.0.1 *tinfoil.io
127.0.0.1 *tinfoil.media

JafarTheRealMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi
I got a ittle problem. I got this dragon message and went to a discord server, where they told me that i would have to download the newest hekate version (i believe it was 6.0.0) after which i got a an error (the typical error screen 00010000001000 or something like that). They told me first to delete the atmosphere/content folder, but after the problem did not go away they told me to also update the atmosphere version, but I still got the error and then they completely left me alone in the dark and told me that i should just reset my CFW with all contents. To be honest, i don’t think that I got good help from the Discord and that everything was fine before I did what they told me to do but i do not know exactly, which version i did have of atmosphere(the hekate one i still now, it was 5.7.2). Could someone tell what would have been the right thing to do and if i can still save my switch (by for example downgrade again on the old atmosphere somehow[maybe there is a guide which tells you which atmosphere version goes to which firmware version]).
Thanks in advance for the help
Best wishes and have a great day!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
I got a ittle problem. I got this dragon message and went to a discord server, where they told me that i would have to download the newest hekate version (i believe it was 6.0.0) after which i got a an error (the typical error screen 00010000001000 or something like that). They told me first to delete the atmosphere/content folder, but after the problem did not go away they told me to also update the atmosphere version, but I still got the error and then they completely left me alone in the dark and told me that i should just reset my CFW with all contents. To be honest, i don’t think that I got good help from the Discord and that everything was fine before I did what they told me to do but i do not know exactly, which version i did have of atmosphere(the hekate one i still now, it was 5.7.2). Could someone tell what would have been the right thing to do and if i can still save my switch (by for example downgrade again on the old atmosphere somehow[maybe there is a guide which tells you which atmosphere version goes to which firmware version]).
Thanks in advance for the help
Best wishes and have a great day!

Answered over here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/post-10034891

Reactions: prohibic

BlackZero500

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Had the same Problem with the Dragon Message. I updated Hekate and still got it. I solved it and now i know that what im about to say may sound stupid to many, but bear with me because i can imagine some people doing the exact same mistake.

I only updated the .bin file of Hekate. Not the whole shebang. Like i said, it sounds really really stupid but thats all there was to it. I wanted to say it here because i searched for over 3 hours and no one else had this problem, again because its stupid, but if someone else got this issue, they now find a solution to it here. You have to also copy in and overwrite the res and sys folders from the bootloader directory.

eh3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i updated the bootloader folder and still get dragons message and yes for some reason rewiteing the bootloader folder didnt work but doing the sys and res folders seperately did work

Last edited by eh3,

ASCiiDiTY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't expect it to modify my homebrew without asking. There are massive pluses to tinfoil because of the shops. It also has a lot of handy things like chests, backup manager and incognito intergated.

That said I'm really not happy about it messing with my system (I don't see why the dev would put the work in to do that if he thought it was a "feature"). I've never been a fan of the telemetry either. I mean what's this information for? Where's it going? And why is it needed? It's a shame the others don't have the ability to at the Https shops. Guess I've got a decision to make 🤔. I've heard good things about tinwoo?

Oh if anyone is interested I think you can block the telemetry by adding the following 2 lines to the emummc.txt file (in atmosphere/hosts). There maybe other domains. Id have allowed the telemetry if the app didn't mess with my system.

127.0.0.1 *tinfoil.io
127.0.0.1 *tinfoil.media
To be fair the button does say "install" and not launch or run. That section is just clearly out of date and not maintained well.

And odd thing I noticed is I was on a slightly older version of DBI, it kept trying to download the new one from githubb, but kept failing, I could see it in the console. Updating DBI manually stopped it happening, but it is scanning your sd card folders etc.. would be nice if they kept it all up to date.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.