Hacking [OLD] Loadiine backup loader for WiiU 5.3.2 ONLY (NO 5.4 NO 5.5!)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
thanks, I direct linked your file to the wiki.
expects lot of hits :lol:

injection works from loadiine launched VC? good to know.
You use Fix94 injectors?
I've read pygecko froze when installing it.
yeah just replace the rom.nds on old brain training and make several nds injection with their own saves xD

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah just replace the rom.nds on old brain training and make several nds injection with their own saves xD
I will probably mess with the screen stuff later, if I can get Final Fantasy III working. I really love the DS version of it. I want DRC for bottom screen and TV for top only. That is my goal. haha

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I will probably mess with the screen stuff later, if I can get Final Fantasy III working. I really love the DS version of it. I want DRC for bottom screen and TV for top only. That is my goal. haha
well aparently if you dump the content from a new Ds vc title wich has alot of option you can add that stuff i remenber somone saying that a long time ago but i wonder what files we need to add.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well aparently if you dump the content from a new Ds vc title wich has alot of option you can add that stuff i remenber somone saying that a long time ago but i wonder what files we need to add.
brain training has the orientation settings. I think it's just matter of edit them.

Also, I hope someone with larger DS game can see if XML is the same. Have sad hunch they are, but I wish to know for my FF3 craving. Lol.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
DS are plain files.

N64 are Big Endian format roms. Not sure if it matters o not, but that's what im doing to test games since DK64 is a big endian format rom.
it doesnt matter tough i did alot of nds injection and i doubt all my game issues came from big endian roms or whatnot i just used the nintendo 64 good set for the injection, be please report back if any game listed as not working on the compat list or with issues works depending on the rom.

n64 injection is all about the config file imo.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yea, big endian (.z64) is the standard since most nintendo consoles (wiiu,wii,gc,n64,...) work in that byte order.
Right, what I mean though is that good roms can be byteswapped, little endian, or big endian. That's just how it was dumped (iirc from back then).

But, the consoles actually use big endian format (again afaik), and so the good roms that are byteswapped or in little endian, im byteswapping to big endian just to stick to the format in the VC.

Btw, this doesnt matter in most emulators for the most part for anyone who doesnt know.

Last edited by EclipseSin,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Right, what I mean though is that good roms can be byteswapped, little endian, or big endian. That's just how it was dumped (iirc from back then).
if we talk about full rom sets here, they are normally in big endian native format. The only dumper as far as I remember was doctor v64 which did not follow this original order.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if we talk about full rom sets here, they are normally in big endian native format. The only dumper as far as I remember was doctor v64 which did not follow this original order.
And I'm not saying they aren't. However there are quite a few N64 roms hosted places, that are good roms, but in little endian or byteswapped order. I have seen sets uploaded some places though that use these roms because they are still good roms. I haven't done a checkout on a rom set in a long time though either as I mainly play specific games, but I suppose they probably all have been updated since I've last looked at them. I know the sizes have gone up, since there are Full Sets now, not just Good Sets. :)

Maybe Ill just switch DK64 to byteswapped and see if it still works. Would be the obvious idea..Lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom