Hacking Okay so ... I updated my firmware and now R4 doesn't work..

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The Wi-Fi hasn't been working for my Dsi for quite some time, so finally when I got it working I went to the DsiWare channel and updated .. didn't think much about it, except right after I updated it I was like .. fffuuuu

1. Is there some flashcart that supports newest firmware 1.4.1.E ?
2. Is there a way to downgrade firmware?
3. Is there nothing I can do, apart from buying a completely new DSi ( Not an option really )

For clarification, I Use R4 Gold but I have been planning to buy Supercard TWO for quite some time, now would be that time if it works ... So does it ?

And regarding Supercard TWO .. Is the DSi region locked ? Cause I live in the PAL region so would I be able to use Supercard from shoptemp ?

Edit : And oh yeah, related to the Shop Channel.. I actually went and bought 1000 pts cause there was couple games I wanted ( I dont know if you can play DSiWare games off flashkarts ) but after I realised I should not have updated, I formatted the system memory .. Thought it would help but of course it didn't. Now the question is, did I lose the points I just bought ? I can't check cause I dont have Wi-Fi at home and I left the Cafe as soon as I realised the flashkart doesn't work.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Distrance said:
The Wi-Fi hasn't been working for my Dsi for quite some time, so finally when I got it working I went to the DsiWare channel and updated .. didn't think much about it, except right after I updated it I was like .. fffuuuu

1. Is there some flashcart that supports newest firmware 1.4.1.E ? Yes there are few of them, such as Supercard Two, Acekard 2i, and EZ-Flash Vi
2. Is there a way to downgrade firmware? No
3. Is there nothing I can do, apart from buying a completely new DSi ( Not an option really )Buy a DS Lite on the side, it's cheaper and doesn't update so you can still re-flash cards that need to flash that way

For clarification, I Use R4 Gold but I have been planning to buy Supercard TWO for quite some time, now would be that time if it works ... So does it ? It would be a wise time now to buy the Supercard DSTwo

And regarding Supercard TWO .. Is the DSi region locked ? Cause I live in the PAL region so would I be able to use Supercard from shoptemp ? The DSi is region locked (last I checked), but you can just use any flashcard that works on 1.4.1, it doesn't matter what region the card is from it will work just fine.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
What do you mean that I need DS Lite if I want to flash karts ? For one I don't even know what exactly it means to '' flash a kart ''

Anyway, if you're absolutely sure that Supercard TWO works with 1.4.1 then I suppose I will order it right away. I assume the save files from my R4 gold will still work once transferred to the Supercard ?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Distrance said:
What do you mean that I need DS Lite if I want to flash karts ? For one I don't even know what exactly it means to '' flash a kart ''

Anyway, if you're absolutely sure that Supercard TWO works with 1.4.1 then I suppose I will order it right away. I assume the save files from my R4 gold will still work once transferred to the Supercard ?
What I mean is, if you go with a card such as Acekard 2i, you need a means to update the card's internal firmware so the card works with updated DSi's which called flashing. I really don't know how it works in great detail to be honest with you, but if you are going with the Supercard Two, that's not important.

And I am sure it will work and if the save files are .sav, then they will work on the Supercard Two as well.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Thank you for the reply. I guess I'll go with the Supercard then as I planned also before.

I edited my first post so I don't know if you saw it, but any idea what happened to my points and do I still have those ?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Distrance said:
Thank you for the reply. I guess I'll go with the Supercard then as I planned also before.

I edited my first post so I don't know if you saw it, but any idea what happened to my points and do I still have those ?
No problem ^-^

And I beleive you should still have the points since those are tied to your account and not your DSi, but in all honesty I am not quite sure about that and really I think there is someone here who could help you out better than I can for that problem.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
But how is my account defined ? Unlike in PS3 or X360, it doesn't ask you to register with an email address and so on .. I have unique Wi-Fi code but I don't know if that was lost too when I formatted the system memory and not sure if that's related.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Distrance said:
But how is my account defined ? Unlike in PS3 or X360, it doesn't ask you to register with an email address and so on .. I have unique Wi-Fi code but I don't know if that was lost too when I formatted the system memory and not sure if that's related.
I am not quite sure since I never formatted a DSi just to check. I am pretty sure though there is someone here who would know more about that than I do.
I did edit my post just to clear it up a little bit. It's still early here for me so my posts are a bit half ass.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
That link lists only 1.4.1 and 1.4.1U but I assume and I hope that it also applies to 1.4.1E ? I already ordered and paid for the supercard and it sure wasn't cheap with Express shipping ..

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ah okay.

Could anyone tell me their experience with the Shoptemp Express Shipping ? I received a tracking number, but they didn't tell me which courier or service they used ( The express shipping just says DHL/UPS/EMS ), and the tracking number doesn't work for any of these three services.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I know this but it has been atleast 16 hours, and the problem is that ShopTemp didn't tell me which courier they used .. That, and the tracking code is '' 920039654 '' and that's not valid for any of those courier services. All tracking numbers should have two to four letters, usually atleast two at the end of start of the number pointing at the country where I am from .. That would be FI.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Really now .. Well never mind, I only got experience with FedEx where the tracking information is added always within 12 hours or less.

Tis only worrying me cause I really don't want it to come with DHL :/. In Finland, DHL charges some stupid handling fees for the customs fees, and it's 15€ at minimum, so together with customs I would need to pay like 25€ at total and my order was only 51€ ...

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I haven't heard anything like that and how would that be related to me anyway ? The package is shipped from China to Finland, and I assume this bombing has something to do with USA or stuff ..

Distrance

矢澤にこ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
By the way.. I just found out that on the site I purchased my current R4i Gold from, they claim it also works on 1.4.1 .. This is different to what I was told on the first page of this topic that lead me into buying a Supercard DSTWO .. What's the truth, does it work or does it not ? If it does, did I just spend 51€ on a kart I didn't even need ?

This is the package of the card I have :
r4igold.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1