Okami Series Heads To DS!

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Eh... on one hand, I'm extremely happy since Okami is one of my favorite games ever. On the other hand, though, it seems to me like Okami is a very visually-driven game. Can the DS maintain or recreate those stunning visuals from the PS2/Wii?

BAHIM Z 360

B-but I'm not a new member :(
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Oh wow,okami on nintendo Ds!? Hell yeah
biggrin.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Eh... on one hand, I'm extremely happy since Okami is one of my favorite games ever. On the other hand, though, it seems to me like Okami is a very visually-driven game. Can the DS maintain or recreate those stunning visuals from the PS2/Wii?
Yes. And to prove this, i'd say go play the DS version of Viewtiful Joe. It's a perfect example of how the DS can handle cel shading. And looking at pictures or videos won't do it justice. Ironically, I think it was made by the same people as Okami. So it should give you a good idea of how good they can make a DS game look. That was also like 3-4 years ago too, lots of room for improvement.
wink.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I adored Okami when I played it for Wii. Simply beautiful game.

Hopefully it will be as great as the original, even though Clover is not working on it...

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried playing Okami on the PS2 yesterday and I have to say, it was one of the worst gaming experiences of my life :S

A DS port could be rather good as long as they fix the glaring faults with the original. It's almost like it was made for the DS, using a stylus would be awesome. I can see a great game hiding in there somewhere, but so many things about the way they did the PS2 version irritated me to the point where I couldn't continue. Let the player set the text speed, no more crawling cutscenes, print long story text on the screen in whole blocks, bin that god awful voice sound effect, don't spend 20 mins re-telling the backstory that's written on the first page of the manual and fix the camera angle. Go on Capcom, you know you want to.

kalmis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Series? But they only made one Okami game so far? Isn't it same for Wii and PS2?
Anyway good news, haven't still managed to play the original but it is on the list.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kalmis said:
Series? But they only made one Okami game so far? Isn't it same for Wii and PS2?
Anyway good news, haven't still managed to play the original but it is on the list.
Its a second game so its now a series.

Stop splitting hairs already.

rolleyes.gif

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised they're taking initiative in making Okami DS when it'd probably be better for the Wii. Its 1 player oriented and it'd also look much better on the Wii - just look at the current Okami; the art style is so beautiful even on a Wii. Either way, I hope they do a good job on this. Looking forward to it.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mrfatso said:
hmm, i wonder if there will be a US version of it? i mean is the fan base for this game huge enough?
I thought it had a massive fanbase (at least on GBAtemp it had), so there shouldn't be a problem. Also, when a first game is localized, the following game are VERY likely to be localized too, unless they didn't sell well.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Okami got great reviews all around, and I think it sold pretty decently. I still have to pick up a copy of it for myself.

I sure hope they don't pull a Zelda and localize everything to the touchscreen. I would actually like to use the D-Pad.

Otherwise, very excited. It looks great (graphics wise) from the scans.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrfatso said:
hmm, i wonder if there will be a US version of it? i mean is the fan base for this game huge enough?
I'd say yes, they were happy with the sales for the Wii version of Okami and that version isn't out in Japan until October this year.

Apparently the game is 25% complete right now so I reckon we wont even see a Japanese one until Spring/Summer at the earliest.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==