Hacking OK, so I got a wiikey

EnixBelmont

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, all I want to do is play smashbros. I bought a wiikey and a tri-wing screwdriver. I have both the DVD9 and DVD5 versions of smash bros. What steps should I take to play them? I know installing the wiikey is the first thing, and I'm going to use the quicksolder method. I don't have a soldering iron right now - Where can I get one? I checked radioshack and they didn't have any. I assume home depot would be a good place to look? What kind should I get?

Once its installed, I update the wiikey with a disc, to 1.9, right? My wii is already 3.1U.

Then would it be a good idea to insert the DVD5 first, update to 100%, then use the DVD9 from then on?

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, all I want to do is play smashbros. I bought a wiikey and a tri-wing screwdriver. I have both the DVD9 and DVD5 versions of smash bros. What steps should I take to play them? I know installing the wiikey is the first thing, and I'm going to use the quicksolder method. I don't have a soldering iron right now - Where can I get one? I checked radioshack and they didn't have any. I assume home depot would be a good place to look? What kind should I get?

Once its installed, I update the wiikey with a disc, to 1.9, right? My wii is already 3.1U.

Then would it be a good idea to insert the DVD5 first, update to 100%, then use the DVD9 from then on?

If you've never soldered before, practice on something small. I've seen people recommend old PC cards. I also recommend that you use a wired or "short wire" method of installation, so if you need to remove the chip at a later date, it's not too difficult.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
You have 2 options,

1) go in to the job 'hoping' you can do it

or

2) go in to the job 'knowing' you can do it

If you prefer option 2 then practise first ,as already suggested. Some old ide (or whatever) wire and some old pc parts will do, also read this guide hxxp://soldering.tehskeen.com/ and also any other guides you come across.

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
ah man, get a pro to install it, you'll be glad to have it done right cause the chance is high that you'll mess up badly and burn of some solder pads

EnixBelmont

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would get a pro to do it, but where the hell can I find a pro that would install it for me? I don't know anyone with soldering experience.

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would get a pro to do it, but where the hell can I find a pro that would install it for me? I don't know anyone with soldering experience.

You could also mail it to a moder who will do it for. That is a popular method used by many people on this forum who are unable to find a local modder. Otherwise, try looking in Craigslist.

I would also advise not doing the quick solder method. It'll be near impossible to get the wiikey off if you ever need to. 30-32 AWG wires are the way to go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...