Ohai

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Joom, Nov 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Ohai

by Joom Nov 20, 2016 at 12:26 AM 5,527 Views 94 replies
  1. GreaterDog

GreaterDog A True Warrior, A Warning 9 Warrior

Banned
    Nov 12, 2015
    Trying To Hide From Raulpica's Bans
    OK I GOT A BETTER WAY TO VIEW THIS

My Theory:

the firmware.bin aka the module, runs with luma when the option of enabling it is on. thus making the main CTRNand useless and the module in action.
    that means the CTRNand got a file which triggers the error 022. in my opinion the secureinfo and the certs file is the one responsible for this. chaning the sercureinfo alone wouldn't do anything which makes the error 022 still happen since the console ID is also registered in the certs. the module would have a custom console ID and certs. although the Ctrnand will still be banned, the module will run instead of the ctrnand which bypasses the error sinces they think its your actual consoleID which ''have nothing'' to do with the leaks. @Nanquitas 's fork was implied in this module.

KytuzuEX likes this.
  2. Joom
    OP

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    This from somebody that's having 20+ people use a publicly shared seed when we have no idea of the side effects from this. Alright. Oh yeah, where's that iOS exploit at again?
    Bawwwww. As I've stated I have absolutely nothing to gain from this other than the satisfaction from sparking speculation and thought. Got a problem with it? Do it yourself or go bitch at the one that figured this out. I'm sure that'll be very fruitful.

3. I pwned U!

I pwned U! GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    I pwned U! is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2013
    United States
    I could not agree more.

This is why most devs who make things for private use keep them private, rather than making pointless teaser threads like these to confuse others and cause drama.

The Cringe and PRAGMA like this.
  4. fodder

fodder STARMAN

Aug 3, 2014
    United States
    Yeah at this point it's clear enMTW is just reusing the same few seeds, his "tests to see if newer bans are issued for duplicate seeds" are stupid, and from what I can tell an outright lie, as had he released his alleged "method to regenerate", he wouldn't need to test that in the first place.

KytuzuEX likes this.
  5. Joom
    OP

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    The thing is that I've given more than enough information for anyone to figure this out, and everything done is publicly known. It isn't my place to put members at further risk or to release someone else's work if they don't want it released.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Except I'm not a dev, so this is irrelevant.

6. GreaterDog

Banned
    Nov 12, 2015

i mean its legit in my opinion lots of youtubers are talking about the ios exploit that he ''makes'' (idk if its true or not)

7. Drakia

Drakia GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 15, 2008
    Canada
    Then you shouldn't have made the god damn topic, this is attention whoring at its finest. Gtfo.

I pwned U! likes this.
  8. Joom
    OP

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    I'm still waiting for his Windows CVE as well.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Duh. Why state the obvious? But if I hadn't posted it, then where would we be now? Obviously not anywhere closer to a bypass.

KytuzuEX likes this.
  9. PRAGMA

PRAGMA GBAtemp Addict

Dec 29, 2015
    Ireland
    Well then if its public info dont make this thread teasing someone elses work that you cant release. Its just a fucking tease, Think of it like Santa can get you a brand new Nintendo Switch and he tells you he can get one but then he just teases it and doesnt give you it, Thats basically this fucking thread.

I pwned U! and gamefan5 like this.
  10. I pwned U!

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2013
    United States
    Then it should also be irrelevant whether or not the devs want to release it, because you also have it, and can choose to release it yourself...

The Cringe likes this.
  11. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Somewhere in this Earth
    I am laughing so hard at this because the OP is literally playing all the guessers and beggers of this thread, in the palm of his hand.

He could just tell you all, but choses not to and enjoys the people trying to brainstorm their way out the banned hole they have dug themselves into.

@Joom you are so mean XD

I would suggest to share the knowledge but I guess that's not for me to decide.

KytuzuEX and I pwned U! like this.
  12. Arkcade

Arkcade Member

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2015
    New Zealand
    Welp, guess we are gunna have to wait :P

13. GreaterDog

Banned
    Nov 12, 2015
    btw @Joom i agree with the angry people in this thread.
    you shouldn't keep a knowledge that was giving to you from the public.
    that is selfish.
    like you said your 3ds wasn't even banned in the first place so why even making this a ''big thing''
    you shouldn't try to involve yourself in this.
    lots of s/m banned leakers got their 3ds banned.
    some might've been kids with no money to get another etc.
    we are supposed to help each other.
    in Gbatemp, experienced hackers help other newbies to bloom.
    try doing your help in this site.
    it is your time to shine.
    don't fuck this up.
    (don't take this in a negative standpoint)
    *also i'm unbanning my little brother's 3ds. He doesn't know the responsabilities of this.
    *not everyone is the same
    *not all of us know the consequences

Last edited by GreaterDog, Nov 20, 2016
  14. Joom
    OP

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Mm, no. Releasing something against the developer's wishes is called a leak, which I figured most of you would have learned the dangers of those by now. :)

shadowfocus603 likes this.
  15. PRAGMA

PRAGMA GBAtemp Addict

Dec 29, 2015
    Ireland
    Ask the "Developers" if you can release it...

I pwned U! likes this.
  16. I pwned U!

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2013
    United States
    Exactly!

You are now admitting that my original point is relevant by acknowledging that you want to respect their wishes, despite not being one of the devs themselves. :rofl2:

The Cringe likes this.
  17. MasterLel

MasterLel /x69/x73/x73/x6f/x75

Mar 14, 2015
    France
    France
    This has been proven false, yes he gave some shared seeds to some people as a temporary fix so they can play online meanwhile, but he also gave unique and private ones. Just saying...

18. Joom
    OP

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    The selfish thing would be to actually release this. Hint: It's device specific,and I don't have the source. If I gave out what I do have then we'd all be back at square one.

19. fodder

fodder STARMAN

Aug 3, 2014
    United States
    Where was it proven false? I haven't seen any proof countering the little investigation I did.

20. GreaterDog

Banned
    Nov 12, 2015
    In addition to his post. he is creating something for the banned players to get out this mess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.