OH MY GAWSH

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by V!olaPlayer, Feb 4, 2009.

1. V!olaPlayer
    OP

V!olaPlayer GBAtemp Regular

Jan 8, 2008
    United States
    Central Florida
    So I go to this school called Edgewater High. DEFINITELY one of the ugliest here in Florida because it was built in 1952, along with its rival school: Boone. The area hosts many thugs, as well as high-class people, so it's a very multicultural school. As you might infer, it's VERY run down and filthy, as well as Boone HS. Boone got an update not too long ago with a pre-made school design that looked somewhat OK, although there's a couple like it around Orange County [where I live], and now it's EHS's turn to get an update. But what's so amazing is that we're getting an all-new design complete with a 3-story building; the first 3-story school in Orange County!! And our campus is going to be HUGE. Thank GOD that I'll be a Junior/Senior by the times it's done. So now, without further ado, I present [the page where you can find pictures of...] Edgewater High School 2! xD

Link [pdf] http://www.ehs.ocps.net/PDFs/EHS_%20New_Sc...resentation.pdf [​IMG]

Isn't it BEAUTIFUL?! [​IMG]

And for all you stalkers, I live 45 minutes away from the school because I only go there for their magnet program, so better luck next time. ;o

2. Raki

Raki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2008
    Gambia, The
    now they'll search the whole area, which is 45 minutes away from that school...[​IMG]

3. Golfman560

Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Dec 29, 2008
    Living with seals
    Heh you wish it will be done when you're a Junior/Senior. At my HS my sister was a Freshman when they started renovating, they said it'd be done in about 16 months... 6 years later I become a Freshman and it still isn't finished. Finally when I'm a junior (Like 7 1/2 years later) they declare the school "finished" even though they are flaws everywhere. Flaws like gas pipes going through where the skylights are so you get about 1/2 the light and the rest hits the pipe. And there are rooms without any windows and only one door which is a fire code problem and no one is allowed in those.

4. juggernaut911

juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    looks cool!

Now I know where to find you! [​IMG]

5. V!olaPlayer
    OP

Jan 8, 2008
    United States
    Central Florida
    @Raki - NO! They'll nevah find me! ><
    @Golfman - That's terrible.. Well, they better not do that here! OCPS could get sued.
    @Juggernaut911 - Inorite? And NO. You don't. You never will. 0-0 NEVAR!

6. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

this looks awsome

7. Sstew

Sstew GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.

Jul 15, 2008
    United States
    Florida
    Looks sweet, but what grade are you in now, They always give a projected date, then the school is finished" quite a while after, it almost never follows the date

8. V!olaPlayer
    OP

Jan 8, 2008
    United States
    Central Florida
    I'm in 9th for 2008-2009, and they say it'll be done by mid-2010, so yeah, we'll see. =P

My favorite part are/is the music buildings!! =3

EDIT: Sorry, wrong plurality of the noun. [Yes, I am Grammar Nazi =T]
    EDIT: Wait, would it be 'are' since the object is plural, or is since the subject is singular?! 0-o
    This must be why the Nazis died out...

9. skyman747

skyman747 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 25, 2008
    United States
    What he said.

Unless your school is shelling out big bucks to have people work on it 24/7, it won't be done in 4 years. Where I used to live the Jr. High burned down. They said the new school would be built in about 3-4 years. After 18 months they didn't even have the rubble cleaned up. School Districts barely pay teachers, let alone the construction workers that renovate.

10. V!olaPlayer
    OP

Jan 8, 2008
    United States
    Central Florida
    Very true, but I have to add that when I was in 6th grade, I was transferred to a new school for 7th, and the school took around a year to build. I must admit, it was a small, one story school, but the principle even said that production was slow, so if it goes fast for this new school, I presume it might go as planned. I'll also add that they start clearing on the 11th of this month.

11. Raki

Raki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 16, 2008
    Gambia, The
    well I found you and took a photo of you...

Warning: Spoilers inside!