Hacking Offline trading?

almosthavoc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the Pokemon Y rom I'm running on my gateway, I would like to trade my Yveltal to my friend who has Pokemon X running on a legit game cart on a non modded 3ds. Is there a way for us to trade offline? If I'm correct, online is a no go since the 7.2 update.

Cybore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If both games are patched it should work. On the PSS screen, his icon should show up on the bottom and you should be able to connect to him. Disconnect from the internet from both systems but have wifi on.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yup. Just make sure the PSS thing is not connected to the internet on both (icon in top right) and wifi is on. He should show up either in the friends section if you have him as a 3DS friend or in the passerby section.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah local trading works fine even if you don't have the 1.2 patch, only thing you need to make sure you have emunand updated to at least 6.x or local trading will not work

almosthavoc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah local trading works fine even if you don't have the 1.2 patch, only thing you need to make sure you have emunand updated to at least 6.x or local trading will not work

I do even have emunand since I only got a gateway like 2 weeks ago. Does it matter if I update to 7.2 for emunand?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I do even have emunand since I only got a gateway like 2 weeks ago. Does it matter if I update to 7.2 for emunand?
Yeah local trading won't work unless you have emunand set up to 6.x or 7.x, you can set it up and format it again afterwards if you don't like having the system settings broken with 7.2, but really as long as you have your system set up as you want it before updating to 7.2 there is pretty much no reason to want to go into system setting

Also remember setting up emunand will format the 3ds's SD card so back up your saves and files to your PC before selecting format emunand from the gateway menu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER