Hacking Official Xbox One Retroarch Thread

Joel Schmidt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not sure what you are talking about by downloaded assets

also yoshis island still crashes after replacing all the files

I still think it is a core issue, not being built with the UWP version. But you might have to create a new sandbox and start fresh to be certain.

One of the things you can download using the online updater is assets. What exactly are these "assets"?

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please, do so. I don't know why this is happening only when creating the appx, as the code compiles and deploys locally correctly. Thx
before i do are you setting it to x64 and release?

then you create appx and what happens exactly?

if it says build failed chck and see if the appx was created anyway by going to \RetroArch-master\pkg\msvc-uwp\x64\Release\RetroArch-msvc2017-UWP

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I still think it is a core issue, not being built with the UWP version. But you might have to create a new sandbox and start fresh to be certain.

One of the things you can download using the online updater is assets. What exactly are these "assets"?
assets are just image file for retroarch's menu to my knowledge

Joel Schmidt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
assets are just image file for retroarch's menu to my knowledge

That's what I thought. But the odd thing about it is that without the assets downloaded, that was when I had the faster scanning of my games into playlists. I just tested it 3 different times with the same results.

Starting to feel like someone is messing with you and me, giving us situations no one else can produce.

Last edited by Joel Schmidt,

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, in theory it should be cross compatible. Hence Universal Windows Platform :P

Get it working on one and it is supposed to work on the other with minor tweaking.

Try your DS core there also.
nope ppsspp core still wont load on xbox one i just tried still works on pc version

Bartender64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
nope ppsspp core still wont load on xbox one i just tried still works on pc version

Yeah, that's what I wanted to validate. There should be no reason as to why UWP and the xbox would defer in this instance. They are sharing the same codebase. And guess what? Dolphin also loads on uwp windows, but not xbox. It loads games on windows too. I don't know what is going on. I don't think its something about symbols, and I don't think it has anything to do with relative paths or absolute paths either. I'm baffled... Well, I could be wrong on the paths things, but still, it shouldn't matter anyways. Better report this, it could be easy to fix for someone with the time to debug. I got to work in a few hours. I bet that if someone remotes debugs this, they could figure out whats causing the failure to load on xbox.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
That's what I thought. But the odd thing about it is that without the assets downloaded, that was when I had the faster scanning of my games into playlists. I just tested it 3 different times with the same results.

Starting to feel like someone is messing with you and me, giving us situations no one else can produce.
maybe there is to much going on for retroarch. like you or someone said about all the partitions that show up (its reading) and then assets on top (images and icons). could we possible just have partitions U (internal) and E (external) showing?

Bartender64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I haven't personally seen that error before. is that only in the latest commit?

I don't really know. The error doesn't show up at compile time, it throws it when building the appx only. But as dominater said, even if it throws an error, the appx still gets created on the path he mentioned

Joel Schmidt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe there is to much going on for retroarch. like you or someone said about all the partitions that show up (its reading) and then assets on top (images and icons). could we possible just have partitions U (internal) and E (external) showing?

You'd probably have to put more specific commands in the VFS section to isolate partitions. Unfortunately, no idea what those would be. I'm more of a hardware tech than a software tech.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Unfortunately for @dominater01, after all the playing around we did last night I also started having the same problem with Yoshi's Island DS not working. The only way I was able to fix it was to reset my XB1X and start from scratch.

Rafciu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah, that's what I wanted to validate. There should be no reason as to why UWP and the xbox would defer in this instance. They are sharing the same codebase. And guess what? Dolphin also loads on uwp windows, but not xbox. It loads games on windows too. I don't know what is going on. I don't think its something about symbols, and I don't think it has anything to do with relative paths or absolute paths either. I'm baffled... Well, I could be wrong on the paths things, but still, it shouldn't matter anyways. Better report this, it could be easy to fix for someone with the time to debug. I got to work in a few hours. I bet that if someone remotes debugs this, they could figure out whats causing the failure to load on xbox.
Maybe report Your thoughts somewhere in libretro Github issue section, im pretty sure some developer can manage to run dolphin core on xbox somehow...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la