Hacking "Official" WiiU Loadiine Compatibility list thread

Av4x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
...Did you have the TV on? Mine only showed that screen but hitting - would toggle between 'gamepad' and 'tv' modes, so you could actually play only on the gamepad or split-screen with TV. Seems like you got the helper menu for the TV mode.

I had the tv on and i had the same screen on tv and gamepad.
But as i said, without the update it works normal.

Fulcaire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How long did it take for yours to load, and did you merge update data in with it? I tried my copy once last night but just got a black screen after about 5 minutes. I'm going to try again without the update tonight.
It took me legitimately only like one minute to load after clicking Smash Bros.. it was pretty impressive. I did not merge update data in it because I wasn't aware we had to do that, not sure how to do that tbh. All I did was extract files using your method of hexeditor and put to SD card and bam. Works flawlessly (besides the going to home menu after playing it part) Let me know if you get yours up and working!

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone tried merging NUS decrypted DLC (using system/02/title.tik)? I've heard that the DLC from Super Smash Bros (EU) didn't work, but it could've been because it's the host game. Has anyone tried a different DLC?

Last edited by datahoarder,

Wurztha

Admìn MoFo :P
Trophies
XP
Country
If the person is here who posted a link to an Excel spreadsheet on Eric Zanders YouTube Loadiine Tutorial can you please drop me a PM

@golden45 Do you think it is possible to update the compatibility of Loadiine and is it something you are working on? I see that using specific updates for games that change the .rpx/.rpl sizes is one way but can anything outside of changing their sizes be done? One idea I have had is to use an original Smash Bros disc to lauch a backup of Smash Bros which has had the original .rpx/.rpl files padded out to make them larger thus giving more space to work with from the start. Not sure how feasible that is though, waiting for my copy of Smash Brothers to be delivered so I can have a play with it.

Failing that, is there anything we can do to help the progress of Loadiine?

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Last edited by Keylogger,

Rubaz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gaming.re
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instant load with merged update data. Worth setting up the logger if you are having those kind of issues as it can help you tell if loading crashed, never started, or froze. If it freezes investigate where it froze because small files take forever and the logger only shows the root folder not the individual files loading. Wonderful101 loads like 4500 to memory in about 30 minutes for example and SM3DW is another game with many small files that take a while to 'cache' to the WiiU. Card speed makes very little difference with these titles.

Nice! I do have some time tonight so I'll set the server up. I'm hoping it's just the merged update data I added, so I'm going to check the core game files first. Thanks for the suggestion!

Edit: I think I found my first problem anyway. When I used cdecrypt on the update the first few times, I kept getting errors for some reason. I just deleted all that data and tried again and this time it worked without any errors. I'm also thinking my dump from VGM wasn't correct either so I'm trying that over again as well.

Last edited by Maximilious,
Reactions: srbeen

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
yep, because it doesn't work

I understand your replies to some comments who are not reasonable. But the question that person asked was very legitmate, for those who tested mario kart 8, where did the problem occure ? did it just freeze? was there something on the log ?
The goal here is to make the comptability list as large as possible, and to do that we need as much information as we can get. So I hope the responses would be more mature in this regard.

Reactions: fiveighteen

thej3ster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to @bache for the Chart Updates!

If anyone has gotten a PM from him, pls respond so we can get the chart as complete as possible.

Hoping to hear from @golden45 soon for maybe some updates :P

Reactions: bache

thej3ster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the person is here who posted a link to an Excel spreadsheet on Eric Zanders YouTube Loadiine Tutorial can you please drop me a PM

@golden45 Do you think it is possible to update the compatibility of Loadiine and is it something you are working on? I see that using specific updates for games that change the .rpx/.rpl sizes is one way but can anything outside of changing their sizes be done? One idea I have had is to use an original Smash Bros disc to lauch a backup of Smash Bros which has had the original .rpx/.rpl files padded out to make them larger thus giving more space to work with from the start. Not sure how feasible that is though, waiting for my copy of Smash Brothers to be delivered so I can have a play with it.

Failing that, is there anything we can do to help the progress of Loadiine?
the link to the sheet in his video is mine which ive posted in the OP, its the same one in the original Loadiine Archive but has been uploaded and edited since initial release.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also...

when the next rev comes out will need to run through the entire list again...

get ready ;)

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the link to the sheet in his video is mine which ive posted in the OP, its the same one in the original Loadiine Archive but has been uploaded and edited since initial release.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also...

when the next rev comes out will need to run through the entire list again...

get ready ;)
I think he's talking about the other sheet, of which the link seems to not be there anymore. Lol

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
personally i think if a game works for both EU and US, or doesn't work for both regions it should be merged together....so if you guys go with the idea MK8 would be merged as neither region works, same goes for super Luigi U (once you add the EU region as neither work)

i noticed some "working games have already been merged so it seems fitting that the not working games should be too

also imho "rpx+prl too big" basically means it doesn't work....so no point skirting around it XD

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you're talking about the sheet that has Wii U Dump Links and Keys, it's removed by the owner appearently. I made copy of it though
personally i think if a game works for both EU and US, or doesn't work for both regions it should be merged together....so if you guys go with the idea MK8 would be merged as neither region works, same goes for super Luigi U (once you add the EU region as neither work)

i noticed some "working games have already been merged so it seems fitting that the not working games should be too

also imho "rpx+prl too big" basically means it doesn't work....so no point skirting around it XD

Rpx too big means they can't even test it to know if it works or not, because loadiine wouldn't be able to replace that memorie chunk.
So it's better distinguish the two till we find a solution to bypass the rpx limit, also it opens the door for people to try different versions which I think worked for mass effect 3 where it had an update with less rpx size.

I understand that you're speaking in a layman point of view, but we must focus more on extending the compatibility, that is why it is still important to include extra info in comments for each release.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I disagree with everything you just said.

Since compatibility can be different across regions, it should be kept separate for both working and non-working regions.

If something doesn't work, its good to indicate why it doesn't work, hence "RPX+RPL too big." There are other reasons games don't work as well.

Tldr; specific information is better than vague information

Reactions: SrTommy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated