Hacking Homebrew Official Sony ISO loader found in firmware!!

Nenyana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MathieuLH explain, on devSgen.com that firmwares 3.50 and 3.51 have an ISO loader made by Sony on board. Strange but is it really a surprise ?

Mathieulh says that since 3.50 Sony left us a nice prx called np9660.prx, this module is no more than an iso loader meant to load encrypted isos from memory stick Technical info here

Also Sony have started to use flash3 and game_plugin seems to look for binaries from there ( bigger flash anyone ? xD )

The real question to ask is: " Why an ISO loader in an official firmware ?"

In here is a good question and the assumptions on the subject are on the way. Most probable gives as explanation that Sony will propose to play with downloaded PSP games via its network PSN. Would the era of the GOD (Game one Demand) be on the way?

Further information:

D-A and Mathieulh have informed us that they will soon patch the module np9660.prx discovered in firmware 3.50 and 3.51 so that you'll be allowed to use the loader on unencrypted ISO's !!! The advantages of this exploit, savings improving the autonomy of your PSP, namely: battery, UMD drive, etc…

However there will be one against part in the use of this mode, in exchange you'll have to wait for the 3.51 OE. Indeed, they need time to patch the ISO Loader to have, in the next OE, a 100% functional No UMD mode.

Source: Devsgen (need an account to login)

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
No-UMD mode? Frankly, I do not know what it's good for. After all, you can use a demo disk found in the Value Pack.
wink.gif

But besides Lemmings (that I actually own) and both GTA games I don't think there are any fun games available for PSP. I've recently tried Hot Pixel and Pirates! (this one is actually quite fun for a short period of time), but I just ended up playing Oracle of Ages on the emulator.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
^ It also means that games off the Memory Stick don't try to access the disc on boot and won't hang when you remove the disc while playing.

I think.

Rabbi Nevins

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No-UMD mode? Frankly, I do not know what it's good for. After all, you can use a demo disk found in the Value Pack.
wink.gif

But besides Lemmings (that I actually own) and both GTA games I don't think there are any fun games available for PSP. I've recently tried Hot Pixel and Pirates! (this one is actually quite fun for a short period of time), but I just ended up playing Oracle of Ages on the emulator.

i heard playing without a UMD in the psp makes it use less battery

spas

Trophies
XP
Country
Come on people!

The is going to be a new type of psp format of game which just comes on a sony duo memory stick. This will stop piracy for a while with some locked down form of flash mem. Then the new psp will come out which only plays the flash mem games.

Sony got pissed that any old sod can dump their games so they are going to try and put a stop to it with a radical format change. UMD was stupid from the start it will fail like mini disc and was only but it place to prevent piracy.

So people get hacking that firmware iso loader now!

Nenyana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There are people in the scene working on this as we speak. From the sounds of it they know what they are doing too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY