Official PS3 Firmware 3.56 is now live!

Fellow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony has issued official firmware version v3.56 via PSN.

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f6/breaking-of...oes-live-78713/

QUOTE said:
A new PS3 system software update, v3.56, will be released soon. This is a minor update that adds a security patch.

QUOTE said:
UPDATE #1: As expected, the new firmware kills all homebrew. The update includes a new .self file with a new, previously unknown, key inside. This means all homebrew tools will have to be updated in order to restore functionality. More to come.

UPDATE #2: KaKaRoToKS is pushing keys and new versions of his tools to his github HERE

KaKaRoToKS
pup from ps3utils and puppack/pupunpack from ps3tools in github.com/kakaroto can now pack/unpack 3.56 correctly.
lv1 and lv2 keys are now pushed to my ps3keys repo.. more coming
isoldr keys are now pushed too.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it won't work they can't stop homebrew
tongue.gif

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That was fast but useless, it's more for annoying people than really securing again the console.

And actually all those firmware updates that gives zero to nothing new it's not good for the health of PS3's flash memory.

They can issue as many updates as they want, but the flash memory can only be rewritten about 10000 times

lostmongoose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boudincaca said:
That was fast but useless, it's more for annoying people than really securing again the console.

And actually all those firmware updates that gives zero to nothing new it's not good for the health of PS3's flash memory.

They can issue as many updates as they want, but the flash memory can only be rewritten about 10000 times

PS3 uses SLC NAND which has a 100000+ rewrite life

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
boudincaca said:
You're missing a few 0's... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_Memory#Write_endurance
They're usually rated to 100,000 to 1,000,000 writes.

But either way, 10,000 (as you said) is still a lot of updates.
It would take 1 update every day for roughly 27 years, 4 months and 2 weeks (27.378 years) to reach 10,000. Maybe the PS4 will be out by then.

Arshes91

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
lol i just see in the upgrade automacly but i never updaing yet becouse has blocking homebrew and tools im still remain 3.55 no more update please

Walrus-Chan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to update a virgin PS3 to 3.56 and then install the CFW over it or would I be better off installing the CFW then doing the 3.56 update?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
twiztidsinz said:
It would take 1 update every day for roughly 27 years, 4 months and 2 weeks (27.378 years) to reach 10,000. Maybe the PS4 will be out by then.
sony can make all the updates they want they won't stop this! The pirates HAVE LANDED
laugh.gif

NetShira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an off the wall question.. but how much is the l1 and l2 code been inspected? Are we any closer to knowing just what data PSN is collecting/can collect upon request? I already am leary of CFM's changing the firmware version and adding -whoever to the end.. as that seems a simply way to track a customized firmware.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Walrus-Chan said:
Is it possible to update a virgin PS3 to 3.56 and then install the CFW over it or would I be better off installing the CFW then doing the 3.56 update?
Neither. If you want CFW just install kmeaw 3.55.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggest people are finding out the progress and what is going on before making dumb statements

QUOTE said:
@KaKaRoToKS So you can't run "your" lv2diag or updater (rules out regular selfs) and no npdrm unless they use the new keyset or are fself.
15 minutes ago via web in reply to KaKaRoToKS
@KaKaRoToKS While doing so, they also whitelisted all the existing npdrm binaries (over 200 hashes in appldr).
16 minutes ago via web in reply to KaKaRoToKS
@KaKaRoToKS Yes, this is what they did, they have lv2 to force the updater and lv2diag to use the new 0x0D keyset.
17 minutes ago via web in reply to KaKaRoToKS
@KaKaRoToKS You definitely need a NOR/NAND programmer to downgrade it seems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4