Not open for further replies.

samljer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could try taking it back to the retailer for the 3DS
dont mention gateway.

It will get sent to nintendo for repair, nobody gets hurt.

AngryRussianKid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
You could try taking it back to the retailer for the 3DS
dont mention gateway.

It will get sent to nintendo for repair, nobody gets hurt.

And Nintendo service tell me : "Fck you bro, you should not use this pirate piece of sht, that's why you can borrow 3DS in trash can"

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
And Nintendo service tell me : "Fck you bro, you should not use this pirate piece of sht, that's why you can borrow 3DS in trash can"
depending on when you bought it you should be able to get a replacement console there and then. the old one gets sent to nintendo by the store so the store wont be out of pocket, and im sure nintendo can fix them super easy, so indeed nobody looses in that situation

AngryRussianKid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Quote from Guarantee service from my shop(where I bought 3DS)

Russian : Гарантия не распространяется на товары, которые вышли из строя либо получили дефекты по причине:
  • модернизации встроенного программного обеспечения (BIOS, flash память);
English : There is no service help for tech, where Firmware was corrupted or changed.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
3ds consoles can get legitimate BSOD's depends on what type of store it is, if they are aware of all the recent bricks they might just tell you to piss off...............but you still should of done a nand dump:teach:

if you cant get a replacement and nintendo wont fix it you may be only left with the option of sending it to gateway, as without a nand dump, even if the DIY fixing method works, you would still need a nand dump to restore afterwards

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What is nand dump? Can it help to solve the brick problem?

This is why you should try to get Gateway to repair it. According to users here, after the brick, it's no longer possible to dump your NAND.

A NAND dump is a copy of the "Operative System" of the 3DS, it's unique per console at the moment. The method to unbrick the system that is being developed in these forums erases the NAND, making your 3DS unusable. Gateway supposedly can unlock the NAND to be able to write and read it again, so there's a chance that your 3DS can be fixed by them.

The other thing to do would be replacing the motherboard as has been suggested before.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well if you had selected dump nand on the gateway menu, assuming the unbricking method works that people are developing you would be able to recover the system. check your SD for a nand.bin file, although im sure you would of remembered doing it as it takes about 5-10 minutes to complete

if you have a nand dump there is some hope

Darkseeker109

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Take it back to the shop you bought it from if its still on warranty and say you had a power cut while you were updating your 3ds and it caused this error and you want a replacement . If by the smallest chance they ask you if you used a third party decvice or pirate device something a long those lines just act a bit dumb and say you have no idea what their talking about. Its the only thing I can think of that might help you.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take it back to the shop you bought it from if its still on warranty and say you had a power cut while you were updating your 3ds and it caused this error and you want a replacement . If by the smallest chance they ask you if you used a third party decvice or pirate device something a long those lines just act a bit dumb and say you have no idea what their talking about. Its the only thing I can think of that might help you.

I can think of a few things wrong with this statement, and lying is not a good option here.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I can think of a few things wrong with this statement, and lying is not a good option here.

R4iFanboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We don't have a possible solution for this as of now. A few geniuses are working on unbricking the 3DS as you have noticed on another thread. It's difficult in your case though because you didn't make a NAND backup (chip on the 3ds board inside that stores firmware information).

Each NAND backups is unique to the 3DS. As of now, there is no publicly known method to use another 3DS NAND backup. Who knows what happens in the future though! So there is still 0.01% hope for you.

spinner09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally bricked my Wii a few years back, fiddling around trying to install a mod chip (Wiikey I believe). I took it back the store and told them it broke itself, and they said they'd send it off for repair.
After a week, I called the store and pressured them about it, and said I was sad and wanted a replacement to play games on. They told me I could come and take a new unit, which they gave me.
About a week after that, some lady calls me from the repair centre calls and says they discovered I was messing around with a mod chip and that was not covered on the warranty. Since I already got a replacement, I was just like "Ok thanks, bye", and that was that.

My advice to OP: Just take it back to the store, tell them it broke itself. Have them send it off for repair. Wait a few days then preasure the store for a "temporary replacement", hopefully you'll get one.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
its all a bit shady, but the only options if you didnt have your nand dump is either trying to switch it, but only if you bought if from a shop and not a person....that would be twatty, but most shops would be covered for situations like this and it would no doubt just be returned to Nintendo and never be heard of again, the fault here though lie's somewhere between you and gateway, seeing as you don't want to send it to gateway that just leaves you with the brick to sort out....unless you do try to get it swapped at the store....in which case...good luck

AngryRussianKid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
There are few steps left to shop. -30*C here, a bit cold. But my heart flames as hell.

I will say - while it was updating, it rebooted and got bsod.

AngryRussianKid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I put original SD card with MK7 without any launchers. They have never been there.

Here its description in Service order:

While console was updating, it reloaded and showed error. Does not recognize any buttons' presses.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
hmm... if no NAND backup was made then there is definitely no EmuNAND involved. I thought the theory was that the bricks happened in EmuNAND?

R4iFanboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
***In the store***

ARK: Mister, Nintendo sent an update and when I updated my system, it showed blue scream.

Storekeeper: Let me see that son. Hmmm, did you use flashcards?

ARK: No, it was not dark outside so I didn't need the flashlight to reach here.

Storekeeper: No, did you use unauthorised flashcards to play games on the 3DS?

ARK: No, just played Mario Kart on it.

Storekeeper: TELL ME THE TRUTH NOW!

*crying sound is heard*

ARK: I swear I didn't do it, my little brother who is 6 inserted Gate something on it and then it blue screamed.

Storekeeper: And where did your 6 year old little brother got this Gate something...

ARK: Err, I ordered it from internet but I never wanted to use it he did it! I SWEAR, HE DID IT!

*ARK Takes out a knife*

ARK: HE DID IT, MOTHERFUCKER. YOU WILL GIVE ME A BRAND NEW 3DS NOW!

*ARK picks up a new 3DS and leaves the store and run towards the park*

That's right folks, Gateway creates criminals.

AngryRussianKid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hilarious.

They told me, that I have to wait for 2-5 days. OK, lets see.

Hope, it will be spinner09's history. But there is my address in Service center's document.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1