Hacking Official firmware works, AKAIO don't.

Figgedy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay...

I've been working on my new Acekard 2.1 for like 2 hours now trying to get the AKAIO to work, it won't. I had problems with the official firmware to, it got stuck at the "Loading..." screen until I changed the skin in globalsettings.ini from "black" to "zelda" and/or "Adv.Evo".

When I try to boot up the AKAIO I get the same error as I got with the official, it freezes at "Loading..." and I don't know how to change skins and so with the AKAIO. I don't know if it's a skinrelated error with the AKAIO, you guys have any suggestions?

I put it in the root of my SD, so it's not that either...

- I got a Sandisk MicroSD SDHC 4GB

Figgedy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Smiths said:
if card is formatted and you've downloaded the full zip of akaio and put it all on your card, there is no reason it should have any problems.

if you just put akmenu4.nds, you won't get anything.

I'm not an idiot man
smile.gif
Of course I put the folder __aio and akmenu4.nds at the root of the SD-card. I know theres no reason, but now I have a problem and I've done everything right after reading alot of thread at this forum. Can it be a manufacture error? I mean its wierd with the "black"-skin... it should work.

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had problems with certain skins as well. There were a few that I downloaded from the Acekard site, that hung up my card. I don't remember which ones they were, but there were a few.
So it could just be a skin problem.

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moose13 said:
I've had problems with certain skins as well. There were a few that I downloaded from the Acekard site, that hung up my card. I don't remember which ones they were, but there were a few.
So it could just be a skin problem.

I haven't had any skins lock the device up, but I've downloaded a few that distorted and looked like crap. I had to run them through the skin editor program to "fix" them. I think it's a matter of skins being made for older firmwares.

Figgedy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Figgedy said:
it freezes at "Loading..." and I don't know how to change skins and so with the AKAIO. I don't know if it's a skinrelated error with the AKAIO

Like I said. I don't know if it is skinrelated or how I change the start-up skin in akaio.

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I had the skin problem, I erased the bad skin and edited the globalsettings.ini to a working skin.
Since then I've been making my own skins, to avoid problems.

Figgedy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay.. READ before you post I don't wanna quote myself again and again...

"I've been working on my new Acekard 2.1 for like 2 hours now trying to get the AKAIO to work, it won't. I had problems with the official firmware to, it got stuck at the "Loading..." screen until I changed the skin in globalsettings.ini from "black" to "zelda" and/or "Adv.Evo"."

Where can i change the skin in AKAIO? In which ini file?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem with the previous beta (Public Beta 2). But AKAIO.v1.3rc1 seems to work. I agree with Figgedy that it might be the black skin that's the problem.

The current skin is defined in "globalsettings.ini" (which gets created the first time the menu is launched).

The skins themselves go in the "__aio/ui" folder.

-Bri

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Figgedy said:
Okay.. READ before you post I don't wanna quote myself again and again...

"I've been working on my new Acekard 2.1 for like 2 hours now trying to get the AKAIO to work, it won't. I had problems with the official firmware to, it got stuck at the "Loading..." screen until I changed the skin in globalsettings.ini from "black" to "zelda" and/or "Adv.Evo"."

Where can i change the skin in AKAIO? In which ini file?

is your 2.1 a green pcb? i ask because the greens are from the problem batch of ak2s which have been fixed. this doesn't mean the fix worked.

-another world

Figgedy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bri:
I did have the 1.2 version and now I updated it to the 1.3 and it works!

Here's a really nooby question, where do i put my *.nds? When i'm in the OS and enter the "microSD" it's empty... is that right? I made a games folder with some nds init...

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you can put your files anywhere. in the options you can turn on what file types to display. as i remember it .nds is always on. i think it goes nds, nds + sav, all files. using that and a combination of the hide attribute you can make your other files hidden from veiw. also pressing select will cycle through the different view modes.

-another world

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Skins can not cause freezing at the loading screen, the loading screen isn't even part of AKAIO or the official menu its part of the bootloader that's stored in every AK2, If it freezes then its a problem with your microsd not AKAIO or Official firmware.

Figgedy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Normmatt said:
Skins can not cause freezing at the loading screen, the loading screen isn't even part of AKAIO or the official menu its part of the bootloader that's stored in every AK2, If it freezes then its a problem with your microsd not AKAIO or Official firmware.

I didnt know that, it's the loadingscreen when I choose "Acekard" after the health information on the DS.

QUOTE(Smiths @ Jan 7 2009, 02:20 AM) i blame retardation

Retardation, yeah right.

I've got a R4 and a TTDS and have no problems with'em, even wrote myself an own modified script. I blame bad programming.

Don't think you're somekind of god just because you made a program that got more bugs than your bed and don't go call people you don't know retards, it might hit back some day. It's easy being cocky infront of a cumputerscreen...

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Figgedy said:
Normmatt said:

I didnt know that, it's the loadingscreen when I choose "Acekard" after the health information on the DS.

QUOTE(Smiths @ Jan 7 2009, 02:20 AM) i blame retardation

Retardation, yeah right.

I've got a R4 and a TTDS and have no problems with'em, even wrote myself an own modified script. I blame bad programming.

Don't think you're somekind of god just because you made a program that got more bugs than your bed and don't go call people you don't know retards, it might hit back some day. It's easy being cocky infront of a cumputerscreen...

No offense but R4 and TTDS are the most n00b cards you can get. There is only one loading screen before the firmware loads so yes that is the one.

Figgedy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But i'm through with the loading screen, it worked after I changed the skin like I said. Do you know why the "microSD" folder in AKAIO is empty?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:

In my case, it's probably just after the "Loading" screen but before AKAIO actually displays anything (when it dies I get two blank screens). It's probably not the bootloader, because the official menu (any version) and the latest AKAIO beta load properly every time. But I'm almost certain that if I install the public beta 2 it will do it again. So I don't know for sure if it's the skin (public beta 2 doesn't have the "black" skin either) but it doesn't appear to be the bootloader.

-Bri

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Figgedy said:
But i'm through with the loading screen, it worked after I changed the skin like I said. Do you know why the "microSD" folder in AKAIO is empty?

there is no folder called "microSD." delete your globalsettings.ini and start again. i've had it corrupt bits of info causing akaio to black screen and crash and certain points.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: