Hacking Odd issue with Xenoblade language

Roldy1969

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but I've installed (multiple times with both the US and EU versions to make sure I didn't make any mistakes) the original Xenoblade Chronicles onto my Wii U through WUP Installer. I'm assuming the game itself contains multiple languages since it boots up in Japanese on my Japanese Wii U, despite the region of the game itself. It even does this when I boot up the ISO through USB Loader GX in vWii mode. Can anyone help with this?

I'm currently trying to get Mocha redNAND onto my console so I can use RegionHax to change my system's region, but I can't get redNAND to work properly.

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well on USB loader GX you can change game language on a game basis. Not sure if you can achieve the same result if you installed it through WUP though.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but I've installed (multiple times with both the US and EU versions to make sure I didn't make any mistakes) the original Xenoblade Chronicles onto my Wii U through WUP Installer. I'm assuming the game itself contains multiple languages since it boots up in Japanese on my Japanese Wii U, despite the region of the game itself. It even does this when I boot up the ISO through USB Loader GX in vWii mode. Can anyone help with this?

I'm currently trying to get Mocha redNAND onto my console so I can use RegionHax to change my system's region, but I can't get redNAND to work properly.
Well, you didn't actually say your problem...

(plus, regionhax itself can't change your console's region, and rednand is incompatible with wii mode anyway)

Roldy1969

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried Spiik to enforce game language to English and region to US, but it didn't work.

And sorry for not exactly saying the problem outright, I'm trying to play Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii U VC version, not vWii) in English, but the game itself checks console region and changes languages, so I'm trying to force it to boot in English.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can use Sniik to force console language & region to EU/English.
Spiik only works for wiiu games the wii VC games boot into vwii even thought they are launched through wiiu sysmenu. Booting into wii VC removes spiik from memory and that is why it does not work.

D

Deleted User

Spiik only works for wiiu games the wii VC games boot into vwii even thought they are launched through wiiu sysmenu. Booting into wii VC removes spiik from memory and that is why it does not work.
Oh. I though he meant that Xenoblade X game. Nevermind then..

Roldy1969

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I see, is there any way to force language and region for Wii VC games then?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.