Odd issue with Xenoblade language

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Roldy1969, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Roldy1969
    OP

Roldy1969 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2017
    Canada
    I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but I've installed (multiple times with both the US and EU versions to make sure I didn't make any mistakes) the original Xenoblade Chronicles onto my Wii U through WUP Installer. I'm assuming the game itself contains multiple languages since it boots up in Japanese on my Japanese Wii U, despite the region of the game itself. It even does this when I boot up the ISO through USB Loader GX in vWii mode. Can anyone help with this?

I'm currently trying to get Mocha redNAND onto my console so I can use RegionHax to change my system's region, but I can't get redNAND to work properly.

2. marchrius

marchrius GBAtemp Regular

Jan 12, 2015
    Italy
    Well on USB loader GX you can change game language on a game basis. Not sure if you can achieve the same result if you installed it through WUP though.

3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Well, you didn't actually say your problem...

(plus, regionhax itself can't change your console's region, and rednand is incompatible with wii mode anyway)

4. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    You can use Sniik to force console language & region to EU/English.

5. Roldy1969
    OP

Roldy1969 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2017
    Canada
    I just tried Spiik to enforce game language to English and region to US, but it didn't work.

And sorry for not exactly saying the problem outright, I'm trying to play Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii U VC version, not vWii) in English, but the game itself checks console region and changes languages, so I'm trying to force it to boot in English.

6. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Spiik only works for wiiu games the wii VC games boot into vwii even thought they are launched through wiiu sysmenu. Booting into wii VC removes spiik from memory and that is why it does not work.

7. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Oh. I though he meant that Xenoblade X game. Nevermind then..

8. Roldy1969
    OP

Roldy1969 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2017
    Canada
    I see, is there any way to force language and region for Wii VC games then?