ROM Hack RELEASE Octopath Traveler Randomizer

MarvinXLII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my Octopath Traveler randomizer working for the Switch release. Also check out my fork of Mastermind1919's Boss Randomizer. That works for the Switch release too!

Options

Check the executable for the full list, but here's a summary:

• Job skills and support abilities
  • PC stats and job stat boosts
  • Items (chests, hidden items, and purchases/steals)
  • Bosses
Some quality of life features:
  • Start with a spurning ribbon.
  • Unlock Evasive Maneuvers after 1 battle.
  • No locked chests.
Usage

Run the executable, and click Browse to add the path to you "Paks" folder of your game. The executable will output a new folder "seed_###" including spoiler logs and a "romfs" folder. Copy the "romfs" folder to the appropriate location on your SD card (e.g. atmosphere/contents/titleid).

Note: This was only tested on the updated version 0.0.4.0.

Link

https://github.com/MarvinXLII/OctopathTravelerJobRandomizer/releases
https://github.com/MarvinXLII/OctopathBossRandomizer/releases

Pic

https://gyazo.com/1dae9cddca3e2f7a526f0d8e8e150a0d

Last edited by MarvinXLII,

DaliaAsTrue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello MarvinXLII !

Good job, I wonder what all capture skill H'aanit can be included in regular jobs? also what skills overwritten by this option? (completely random or just useless skills?)

Also just for clarity, it is possible to edit descriptions of capture skills for include what weapon is used? specially when we randomize weapons used by skills

Thanks!

MarvinXLII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Dalia! Thanks!

All the Capture Skills are candidates for overwriting the regular job skills. (The skills "Hya!", "Hya! Hya!", "Hya! Hya! Hya!", and "Hya! Hya! Hya! Hya!" are also included just for fun, even though they aren't actually Capture Skills, lol).

All regular job skills can get overwritten except for Hired Help and Nightmare Chimera. Those skills can't be overwritten, probably because of the menus that pop up when using them. If there are any other regular job skills that shouldn't get overwritten, let me know! FYI, I did make the offensive Capture Skills more powerful than they are by default. Now they're on par with the regular job skills.

All of this was pretty complicated to implement, so for now, the Capture Skills don't get included in the weapon shuffler. If I get that working, I'll certainly update the descriptions to include the weapon used. That's a good idea!

Reactions: DaliaAsTrue

DaliaAsTrue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok good to know! So there are 132 capture skills and the 4 Hya! skills.
So I guess is possible to include Guide/Allure skill as well, can be good to have the choice in the randomizer if we want once or both shuffle, overwrite regular skills isn't a problem is that exclude divine and Transfer Rune and Sidestep and maybe Leghold Trap because that can't be replaced.

Otherwise is very good stuff!

Last edited by DaliaAsTrue,
Reactions: MarvinXLII

DaliaAsTrue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just did a Galdera randomizer speedrun with include h'aanit's capture skills, and got Supreme Luck of Cait as a thief skill... just game breaker lmao, very fun!

Reactions: MarvinXLII

MarvinXLII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok good to know! So there are 132 capture skills and the 4 Hya! skills.
So I guess is possible to include Guide/Allure skill as well, can be good to have the choice in the randomizer if we want once or both shuffle, overwrite regular skills isn't a problem is that exclude divine and Transfer Rune and Sidestep and maybe Leghold Trap because that can't be replaced.

Otherwise is very good stuff!

Just to elaborate on the capture skills, a few were omitted just because they were boring like "Attack", but most are still there. The 4 Hya! skills count as 1, i.e. Hya! for 0 BP and Hya! Hya! Hya! Hya! for 3 BP.

I released an update with ensuring those skills requested won't get removed. Turns out Cait skills would show up in more than 25% of seeds from my testing, so I reduced that to about 3-5%. That seems fitting for Caits, as they're all a bit overpowered!

Guide/Allure/Concocts skills work a bit differently, as they aren't coded up to work with BP. I might fiddle with them at some point, but we'll have to see!

MarvinXLII

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're kind of independent projects, especially since I closed my discord account. If you're interested in any kind of OT modding, I strongly recommend joining the modding community's discord server. Just google search "Octopath Traveler modding discord" for (hopefully current) invites. At the very least you'll find places (e.g. reddit) to ask for current invites.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol