ROM Hack Octopath Traveler Money edit

Takumah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all

Just joined this forum to learn about savegame editing. Just a total noob but would like to know how to increase money in octopath traveler.

Firstly, I need to run homebrew? So can i get the xcecuter pro and install it?

After that i should just extract save file?

Most importantly, will my account or switch be banned by hacking a save file?

Thanks for your patience guys. If i could send someone my file to edit I would much appreciate :)

try reading here ... ya might find your answer
https://gbatemp.net/threads/octopath-traveler-save-editing.511125/

Michokoo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everybody,

I purchased the game last month and can't come over the hassle of grinding just to get decent gear (honestly a little disappointed by the game but don't want to sell it yet :/)... Just not interesting enough stories (yet ?) and too much grinding between chapters... :wacko: I want to be able to edit money (and eventually EXP/JP).

So I searched for farming methods and other formal methods, but nothing rewarding enough so far. Then I looked into hacking my switch, and saw the complicated process here on GBATemp.
Before going through the process of buying a Jig, a Micro SD card and a USB-C cable, just to install a homebrew and change some data on my savegame, a couple of questions :

Can I edit my save and use it in "normal" mode (without homebrew I mean) or do I need to be running the game in homebrewed-mode ?
And just like Edm11 said, will I still be able to buy games on the store ? I am not interested in online gaming, but I would not like to be banned from the store, not access the updates, DLC's on games (recently bought smash bros 5 char DLC), etc.

Sorry for the long post, just looking for answers before taking a step I might regret :unsure:

Thanks, Michoko.

guillaume633

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So with Octopath out early I tried to edit money in my savegame. Turns out it works like in any other Square game on 3DS before (Bravely Second was the same for example)
  • note down your amount of money. In my example, it was 4532.
  • Save and backup the save with Checkpoint
  • Find the savegame in the backed up folder (it's called KSSaveData0 for autosave, KSSaveData1 for manual save slot 1 and so on)
  • Open said file in a hex editor
  • use a decimal to hex converter like this one to convert your amount of money into Hex (4532 equals 11 B4, which is also the same as 00 11 B4)
  • Invert the sequence of your hex value (00 11 B4 becomes B4 11 00)
  • Search for that hex value in your savegame.
  • To get 9,999,999 money (which is the ingame limit of maximum money), replace your value (in my case B4 11 00) with 7F 96 98 (this is the inverted hex value for 9,999,999)
  • Save the file, restore savegame with Checkpoint, enjoy
You can also use higher values (FF FF FF will give you 16,7 million) but the game will default back to 9,999,999 on the first occasion of spending or acquiring money.
thank you for this explanation.
I have tried (on switch).
Backup with checkpoint. Send saves to PC. Hex Replace to have 100'000 $. Then restore using checkpoint.

And then, when I launch the game. Saves are not recognized and I just have the option to start a new game. :sad: I have since tried many times to restore (updated backups, raw backups), no success.

The good thing is that I have spent too much time on that game, so now it is the end. But still. Very disappointed.
(I have tried to restore with JKSV as well)

Anyone with similar experience? Kind of desperate now.

khuong

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you not keep the original save?

Normally you'd edit the save, and save it as a new file.. to import.. hindsight is a bitch.

Either way, it seems you may have hex edited it wrong so the files now corrupt. I think there are cheats for the game, that might make a new game easier,faster to catch back up.

guillaume633

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you not keep the original save?

Normally you'd edit the save, and save it as a new file.. to import.. hindsight is a bitch.

Either way, it seems you may have hex edited it wrong so the files now corrupt. I think there are cheats for the game, that might make a new game easier,faster to catch back up.
Yes I have kept the untouched saved files and I tried to restore with that but without success. (I have no idea why.)

guillaume633

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have restarted the game using some cheats with Edizon (inf. money and speed up).
It works 30 minutes and after that I suffer some random crash: black screen with this message:
The software was closed because an error occurred.
No error codes or any other information.
Have to quit and reload but then it crashes in less than a minute.

I use this source for cheats: https://www.cheatslips.com/game/octopath-traveler/2185/sources#content_1

kumachan77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Newb here and having problems with OT v1.0.4 (Build 010057D006492000). I'm using ryujinx and never had issues with txt files in the cheats folder. Can someone kindly provide me with max gold code and master code if needed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work