Octopath Traveler gets rating for a PC version in Korea

91ZWS8cdKPL.jpg

Second to only the Australian Ratings Board in terms of leaking major news, the Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea has listed a new and interesting potential PC port. The currently Nintendo Switch exclusive JRPG, Octopath Traveler, has appeared on the country's ratings board, with the listing specifying it being for a PC version. Bandai Namco is noted as being the publisher, rather than Square Enix, which is a common occurrence in Korea. While this is not a guarantee that the game will make its way to the PC platform, previous ratings wound up revealing Sunset Overdrive's PC port and the Nintendo Switch version of Fortnite prior to any official announcement.

:arrow: Source

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, a big bust mod is exactly what this game needed. :-)
It wasn't enough that Cyrus had the highest attack...we had to give him the biggest breasts too!

As well as the Switch is doing, it's not the most profitable system out there...
That's a joke, right? The Switch has nearly sold more units than the Wii U and Gamecube combined and it's only been out for two years. In looking this up, I was surprised to see that the Wii U did better than the Gamecube. Hmm.

Last edited by Pluupy,
Reactions: Bimmel

MagnesG

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A much broader audience is a great benefit. As well as the Switch is doing, it's not the most profitable system out there... And we'll probably see it on PS4 at this rate, as well.
So wrong, with the nintendo marketing plus 2 demos this game sold about 1.5 million. High achievement for a new IP sprite-based RPG. DQXI sold only about 100k++ lol on Steam (based on SteamSpy). You think it will sell higher than DQXI or what?

Also, Nintendo publish and owns the localization in West. Sure they can license it back to the devs for PC but not so much for other console platforms. Overall though I’m still happy with news, one of the only SE studios I’m cheering and hopec for the best.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It wasn't enough that Cyrus had the highest attack...we had to give him the biggest breasts too!

That's a joke, right? The Switch has nearly sold more units than the Wii U and Gamecube combined and it's only been out for two years. In looking this up, I was surprised to see that the Wii U did better than the Gamecube. Hmm.

That's cool, once again you misunderstood what I stated. I didn't say the Switch was failing, did I? Just suggested that there are other platforms that would get them a substantial increase in sales.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So wrong, with the nintendo marketing plus 2 demos this game sold about 1.5 million. High achievement for a new IP sprite-based RPG. DQXI sold only about 100k++ lol on Steam (based on SteamSpy). You think it will sell higher than DQXI or what?

Also, Nintendo publish and owns the localization in West. Sure they can license it back to the devs for PC but not so much for other console platforms. Overall though I’m still happy with news, one of the only SE studios I’m cheering and hopec for the best.

Where'd you pull this jargon from? You insinuate that I'm trashing the Switch, but you're dead wrong, kiddo. Re-read what I ACTUALLY wrote, not what you want to read, thanks.

Reactions: SugoiEndeavor

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@Memoir
Memoir said:
A much broader audience is a great benefit. As well as the Switch is doing, it's not the most profitable system out there... And we'll probably see it on PS4 at this rate, as well.
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/0...etter-on-nintendo-switch-than-other-platforms
The majority of respondents to the question "have Switch game sales compared to the average across all the platforms you've launched on" answered sales have been average or greater than average, with only 16% saying sales were less than average.
And it was a 1.5 year ago. Game like Celeste has more than 50% of whole sold units on Switch. Blossom Tales - again Switch is the best platform. Little Dragons Cafe, Wonder Boy; Shovel Knight got the most profit from Switch version, Sonic Mania Plus 52% sold units on Switch. You want more proof that you are wrong? Your claim is not in every case true.

Last edited by masagrator,

MagnesG

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's cool, once again you misunderstood what I stated. I didn't say the Switch was failing, did I? Just suggested that there are other platforms that would get them a substantial increase in sales.

Where'd you pull this jargon from? You insinuate that I'm trashing the Switch, but you're dead wrong, kiddo. Re-read what I ACTUALLY wrote, not what you want to read, thanks.
"As well as the Switch is doing, it's not the most profitable system out there". Unless I'm dumb or drunk, you're really spinning your narrative. One part of maturity is to accept a convincing argument while at the same time hold your ground and improvise.

Hell, I believe you if you said an AAA-tier cinematic game is not the most profitable on Switch. This game though..

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
People are okay with games like Persona 5 being exclusive, but oh no, when it comes to Switch games losing exclusivity, people are all over it. Never change.
Dunno, I don't think people are ok with games like P5 being exclusive... Especially given how so many seem to want a Switch version. I sure as fuck am not ok with it being exclusive.

isn't the other way around?? everyone is begging for persona 5 on switch, but no one ever talk about bringing mario or zelda to other platforms (emulation doesn't count for obvious reasons).
remember, it's only ok when nintendo does it. if nintendo loses and exclusive the world starts to end.

I don't know if I should care, what I've seen of this game has put me to sleep, the only thing that I like is the so called "HD 2D" and even there they got carried away and ruined it all with excessive bloom and other post-process effects.
If a pc mod that eliminates of greatly reduces those effects comes out, then I could give it a try.
I mean... Nintendo's platform is at least something *different*, I guess... You can't say that about the PS4 or Xbox One. They really are nothing but underpowered, locked-down PCs.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno, I don't think people are ok with games like P5 being exclusive... Especially given how so many seem to want a Switch version. I sure as fuck am not ok with it being exclusive.

I mean... Nintendo's platform is at least something *different*, I guess... You can't say that about the PS4 or Xbox One. They really are nothing but underpowered, locked-down PCs.

I'm not going to believe it'll come to Switch until it's no longer a rumor. I'm sick of rumors.

MagnesG

GBAtemp Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice it's always good to see that PC gamers have an equal opportunity to be disappointed by mediocrity.
They nailed on the game design though, and with their attitude on the feedback demos I have a good faith on them improving. Presentation is also fresh and good, well at least one and half million like what they see enough to buy it.

But damn, mediocre is ookay. What your standards for good JRPG then? Again serious question...

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's cool, once again you misunderstood what I stated. I didn't say the Switch was failing, did I?
That's cool, once again you misunderstood what I stated. I didn't say the switch was failing either, just that it clearly proved profitable.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't Nintendo hold publishing rights in the west? Interesting to see how this pans out.

Nice it's always good to see that PC gamers have an equal opportunity to be disappointed by mediocrity.
Damn man, what does it take to impress you?

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Bunch of cheapskates. They can afford a PC but not money to buy modern games. I have no qualms about pirating older games because no one makes money off of them, but new games is, IDK, different. I hope they do add Denuvo for this game, then.
Denuvo only protects opening sales often its cracked often and usually early.
so its largely ineffective, die-hard pirates would wait it out so it only effects casual pirates

anyway the addition of Denuvo has been proven to affect performance vs. executables without it.
many people myself included for that reason among others boycott all games that have Denuvo.

so personally i don't hope Octopath gets Denuvo because then i would have to pirate on principle, (that said i already played my fill of my legit copy of Octopath so baring new content thats PC exclusive or cool mods wont need to touch it.)

however, I would add that them adding Denuvo to the game would hurt the goodwill that game has built in me and should a sequel be developed my 1st inclination would be piracy to make up for the previous umbrage shown and i dont think i'd be alone in that.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Memoir

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/0...etter-on-nintendo-switch-than-other-platforms

And it was a 1.5 year ago. Game like Celeste has more than 50% of whole sold units on Switch. Blossom Tales - again Switch is the best platform. Little Dragons Cafe, Wonder Boy; Shovel Knight got the most profit from Switch version, Sonic Mania Plus 52% sold units on Switch. You want more proof that you are wrong? Your claim is not in every case true.
Woah, no surprise indie games sell better on switch, at this point it is basically an indie machine. The AAA games or ports of last gen titles are just an added plus.

So, how much something like doom 2016 sold on switch compared to the other platforms? Asking since i still see to this day fanboys praising that blurry, 30fps of a port.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Woah, no surprise indie games sell better on switch, at this point it is basically an indie machine. The AAA games or ports of last gen titles are just an added plus.

So, how much something like doom 2016 sold on switch compared to the other platforms? Asking since i still see to this day fanboys praising that blurry, 30fps of a port.
Comparing release that came out more than 1 year after original releases is just plainly ignorant. Find a AAA game that has Switch release in the same time. And it will be a hard task. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc