Hacking October 23rd Wii Fix by ‘a_running_pir8’.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

Nah = No.

Just install Starfall, with the "Block game disc update" hack.

Install IOS 38, get your 002 fix loaders, and you should be fine.

And in under absolutely no circumstances should you update your Wii. It is fine on 3.2 and you know it.

If any newer games wants an update, but you've blocked it, but yet it still won't work through Disc Channel or any loaders, there shall be a workaround (Yea, something like 002).

EDIT: I know I haven't answered your question but truth is, when you install Starfall, you've no worries about game updates ever again, trust me.

idan2468

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this will work in jap wii with the apps and all the things? if need some app give me please because i must do this. why its not happend to my friend he have an usa wii
sorry on me bad english

sheltonwheeler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude i ran the downgrade and ended up with 2.0J from 3.4u i cant read jap and ended up going back to defalt that took homebrew out.
i thought there might be a chance if i updated it would go back so i could start over but now it 3.4j and my disks from us will not read how can i get homebrew back in.
so i can do this over and try to fix it??? Can buying a jap game to put in homebrew work??? just a thought.

D

Deleted User

Well shelton, when you said you downgraded to 2.0j, you should actually cIOS Downgrader to 3.2U.

Well, anyway, since you got all your homebrew out, get yourself a Japanese Zelda and do Twilight Hack

sheltonwheeler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i thought that might be, so i think i can f up the motherboard some how like with a microwave its under warranty i have not opened it up and thay will send me a new one what do you guys think is the best way. I cked and the zelda for jap is like $50 to much for a one time use. My kids r now screaming at me that i messed up there wii LOL.
Hey what would be the best way to fry the motherboard without opening it??

D

Deleted User

Leaving that thing under Standby mode for a very long time.

Also, why don't you install homebrew channel?? You should next time, makes everything easier.

bazross1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys ok please bear with me im new to this stuff and a bit green so heres my problem ive just got a new wii running 3.4 software and ive followed a guide and installed hombrew but it wont open up my backup dvd that has been put throuch wii brickblocker is there an idiots guide to do this mod correctly and is there a more upto date homebrew pack for the 3.4 any help advice is welcome guys as im tearing my hair out at the min
Thanks Regards Baz

D

Deleted User

Run the backup through backup launcher gamma.

And more explanation will help. Something like, what media are you using, what burn speed did you use, what launcher did you use it, what ISO

bazross1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh man im not sure of any of that I burned it with image burn at max speed and it all came with a hombrew bundle i downloaded the home brew channel is on the wii and seems to be working it just wont open the backup disc and gives an error of no dvd when you open backup launcher and launch the game??? so im not sure what the problem is if its the homebrew that isnt working or the disc hasnt been burned correctly is there a way to check this?
Regards Baz

D

Deleted User

if originals work fine, your wii drive aint faulty.

Get a good DVD-R (Verbatims) and burn the ISO using IMGburn at 4x

bazross1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok but dose the iso image files have to be run through a program first like wii brickblocker and then burned or just burned as an image file with image burn?
Again thanks Baz

bazross1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi just had a go at backup loader and get a message error cannot open disc subsystem also tride to open an original disc with backup loader and it cant see any disc I think the main problem is i havent got a clue what im doing
Regards Baz

Cpluse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice. You really have to take your time a read everything. And everything works great. I have 3.3U. I still need to install the Starfall. Is there really anything else i need. Deal with PAL games can i run them thru gator also jap game too. I knw not to update but is there anything i need to do.

I guess all i need is a fi to play the butt game. lol

dEnA

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello

I tried to search if someone already asked this but didn't find..

I have the HBC and 3.4E, and I want to install .WADs, so if I only do the "Wii Fix Guide" will this sort my problems ?
Or do I also have to do the "Downgrading/Upgrading Firmware Guide" ?

If I only do the steps in "Wii Fix Guide" Will I end up with custom 3.4E which allows me to install .wads ?
Can this harm my system in any way ?

Thanks very much in advance

D

Deleted User

Yea, just follow the Wii Fix guide..

However, it is recommended for you to downgrade as you are going to play around with WADs. Downgrade, and get Starfall.

dEnA

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Yeah, but if it doesn't harm my system not to downgrade then I'd prefer not to, because of it would be much more simple. Also all channels keep on working without doing patching and stuff, and I wont need to shut of the wii every time it tells me it's gonna search for updates ?

maximarco

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
After the downgrade to the 3.2E I insert Wii Music that requires an update. Now my firmware is 3.3E:

1. Is it right?
2. Shoud I return to 3.2E?
3. Can I use Starfall with 3.3E?

thanks

D

Deleted User

dEnA said:
Yeah, but if it doesn't harm my system not to downgrade then I'd prefer not to, because of it would be much more simple. Also all channels keep on working without doing patching and stuff, and I wont need to shut of the wii every time it tells me it's gonna search for updates ?

Working without patch, yes.

But safe? I don't think so. Chances are, the WAD that you might stumble upon is a bad wad. When you install, your wii is bricked, and without starfall, you can't fix it (Well, except savemii and savemiifrii). Plus, downgrading has more than just mere brick blocker.

With starfall, you can block updates.
With starfall, your channels are basically region free.
With starfall, your Wii games are region free.

What are stopping yah?

Posts merged

QUOTE(maximarco @ Dec 30 2008, 09:03 PM) After the downgrade to the 3.2E I insert Wii Music that requires an update. Now my firmware is 3.3E:

1. Is it right?
2. Shoud I return to 3.2E?
3. Can I use Starfall with 3.3E?

thanks

Well, you're suppose to install the "skip update check" starfall patch. Downgrade to 3.2E again, and install the skip disc update check

dEnA

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
afif95 said:
Working without patch, yes.

But safe? I don't think so. Chances are, the WAD that you might stumble upon is a bad wad. When you install, your wii is bricked, and without starfall, you can't fix it (Well, except savemii and savemiifrii). Plus, downgrading has more than just mere brick blocker.

With starfall, you can block updates.
With starfall, your channels are basically region free.
With starfall, your Wii games are region free.

Thanks for th e answer, but I have Wiikey 2 so isn't my wii regionfree ? And I could also block the updates with my wiikey software. That is if I wanted.
So the dangerous part is when I install the wads (eventough my wii is regionfree)? After that they're just as normal "original" channels and it doesn't matter if I'm running 3.2 or 3.4 ?
I don't wanna downgrade because I'm scared I brick my Wii, I wanna keep it as if it was stock, I just wanna install my memory full with channels now and I doubt I'm ever gonna install channels after that.

adriande2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RadioShadow said:
Just as long as the 'Homebrew Channel' is on your Wii, this method will work. Unless you can install the 'Homebrew Channel' using the 'Twiglight Princess'in the latest Wii Firmware.
you can put the homebrew channel on in 3.4. I did it, the Wii just needs memory that you played the game before you can copy the save

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly