Hacking October 23rd Wii Fix by ‘a_running_pir8’.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

Eh... if it's just wiiware or vc wad, my best bet is the download is broken, or the file is corrupted.

But if it's an IOS WAD, downloaded correctly and not corrupted, you have a problem.

airpirate545

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I downloaded 2 copies of the wiiware and it just stuck on installing content#18 until it said ERROR(ret=-1). This couldn't really hurt my Wii to try it, right?

Snowknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
airpirate545 said:
Well, I downloaded 2 copies of the wiiware and it just stuck on installing content#18 until it said ERROR(ret=-1). This couldn't really hurt my Wii to try it, right?
What version is your system menu, what homebrew applications or, more generally, WADs have you already installed via a homebrew WAD manager, and what WAD are you trying to install? Perhaps there is an issue with that specific WiiWare title.
If the WAD files have not caused a problem after two attempts already, counting only each copy as a separate attempt, you are probably assured some manner of safety.

idan2468

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this guide work in jap wii with the apps and all the things? if need some app give me please because i must do this. why its not happend to my friend he have an usa wii
sorry on me bad english

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
i am a little bit confused... is there ANY chance that this may brick my wii.

chondro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to install Homebrew Channel on my 3.4U wii, but now can not figure out how to do everything else listed in the tutorial. I put Wii Fix Tools in my SD and put it in the wii, but HBC is not reading anything on the SD, acts like the SD is empty. The SD is set up with "Wii Fix Tools" folder in the root, with "apps" and "wad" folder inside of it, and then so on just the way I downloaded them. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a reason HBC is not recognizing the files in the SD? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
bow.gif

Snowknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WII_ND_DS_USER_997 said:
i am a little bit confused... is there ANY chance that this may brick my wii.
There is a chance, given certain circumstances, although their coincidence is unlikely if following directions properly, that the process may brick your Wii. Again, this chance is relatively low if you're carefully following directions.

QUOTE(chondro @ Jan 1 2009, 05:02 PM) I was able to install Homebrew Channel on my 3.4U wii, but now can not figure out how to do everything else listed in the tutorial. I put Wii Fix Tools in my SD and put it in the wii, but HBC is not reading anything on the SD, acts like the SD is empty. The SD is set up with "Wii Fix Tools" folder in the root, with "apps" and "wad" folder inside of it, and then so on just the way I downloaded them. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a reason HBC is not recognizing the files in the SD? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
bow.gif

You need to make sure the "apps" and "wad" folders are at the root of the SD card's file system or else the Homebrew Channel and WAD manager, respectively, will not recognize them. "Wii Fix Tools" is a folder probably provided purely for your convenience, as an organizational device.

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I've watched and read the whole guide and I just have one important question.

If I were to format my Wii because of the "Wii-Mail Brick" (If you don't know what that is check this video) would I be brought back to 3.4U or would it remain on the newly downgraded 3.2U?
Also after successfully downgrading from 3.4U to 3.2U would GeckoOS1.70b be able to resume use of the Rebooter options, such as the No Copy Flag hack?

That is it and thank you for taking your sweet time out to deal with my delima.

D

Deleted User

3.2U AFAIK

Yes, after downgrading, Rebooter function is possible again.

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
3.2U AFAIK

Yes, after downgrading, Rebooter function is possible again.
as far as you know huh...well, I'm just gonna have to find out somehow.
THNX for the other question though
wink.gif

blitzxp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hey guys, i need some help upgrading a 3.1u wii to 3.2u

I installed the homebrew channel correctly, i still have the savefile on my wii..
I then used wad manager to install IOS16-64-v257.wad ...
I used custom wad manager to instal cios_fix.wad

i then used cios downgrader to download (and update) the wii to 3.2u ...
after all the files were downloaded i installed starfall, which worked OK
then i used the cios installer which downloads the ioses wiigator loader needs
i then ran the backup launcher and it didnt work (error 324) (on wiigator's gamma)
i installed cIOS249-IOS36-rev07.wad and tried to run the backup launcher again and it didnt work..

did i miss something ? that error means some ios or cios is missing, but i dont know what else i need to do ..

should i just update to 3.4u and follow the procedure found on the other guides?

thanks !

baker99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I am on 3.4E and followed the wii fix guide, every step went fine, but when I try to install the super mario 64 PAL vc wad (and several other vc games) I still get a ticket error, wiiware seems to work though as world of goo installed, I used CWM and WM , do I need to downgrade to 3.2 for vc and will backups still load on 3.4 (the one I burned didnt work, but that may be the cheap DVD-R's I have) ?

D

Deleted User

Eh... as I said many many times, when you have a WAD install problem, state what error number, cause they ain't your daily random numbers

baker99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry I think I am too used to windows generic error codes, for super mario bros 2 the ticket error is ref = -1020 one wiiware game also gave me an installation error -2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...