FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Between the latest round of Switch tax ports of games and watching a video about the Tony Hawk franchise and it was covering all the odd phone, non GBA handheld ports of the GBA versions and years later PC ports released only in Australia and Kiwi land the idea of ports was floating around in my head.
Thought a general thread about such things would be in order.

Some years back I did do a similar thread ( https://gbatemp.net/threads/lesser-ports-versions-of-games-you-enjoyed-anyway.378717/ ) but that was about lesser ports. I don't much care if you enjoyed the game here, just ones you played and have some memories of.

To that end what odd ports of games do you have or did you find yourself playing? Can be random failed handhelds/consoles, can be phone games, can be released to small markets years after the fact, can be ports to/versions for older consoles that most people will likely never have played (I am happy to count the various versions of splinter cell for older devices here if you are worried about a popularity cutoff), could be versions made for newer devices (while usually overlooked at the time the dreamcast often houses some of the best of the PS1 era games), could just have been a demo for a cancelled release on that platform, can be a localisation that added some things most would not know of, can be some expansion packs/DLC. Also counting some fun accessories.

Not sure what I have here. Carmageddon on the N64 (a very loose port of 2 on the PC) I did bust out for my review of the new PS4 version for my review of said same.

Warriors of Might and Magic for the GBC I guess I have. Got it because I liked Might and Magic and Heroes of Might and Magic (2 gold is better than 3). While the console versions have since gone on to become sort of respected (there were not at the time)... I would start actively seeking reviews after this one.

I could probably dig through the C64 tapes bin and find something (I do own Trapdoor for it) but hey.

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before Demon's Souls there was King's Field. There was a pilot version of King's Field 3 only released to attendees at the Tokyo Game Show (?) or some similar event, then romhackers managed to translate it into English. It was really interesting to see how the story changed for the final version.

1994screenshot1.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: