Hacking O3ds 2.1.0-4u unable to update

activebito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I am new to the community and this is my very first post.
So I had a bricked o3ds (not exactly sure how it happened because it was not done by me) but I managed to kind of get it working. I used the magnethax to install luma and now my o3ds is on 2.1.0-4u. I have no nand backup.
Now I am trying to update to a higher firmware so I can play games on it. I have tried to update through wifi, through a cart (Donkey kong country), and tried to ctrtransfer (9.2) but none have worked. Through wifi and cart, it said it was unable to update. When I did a ctrtransfer it would not even boot.
I am not sure what is happening here. If anyone could help with this that would be great. :)

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It looks that you have frankenfirmware. I would say to reinstall your firmware via safesysupdater. That could help you

-edit-

I saw that your 3ds didn‘t even boot. Did you try to boot without your sd card?

Last edited by Justin20020,

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I am new to the community and this is my very first post.
So I had a bricked o3ds (not exactly sure how it happened because it was not done by me) but I managed to kind of get it working. I used the magnethax to install luma and now my o3ds is on 2.1.0-4u. I have no nand backup.
Now I am trying to update to a higher firmware so I can play games on it. I have tried to update through wifi, through a cart (Donkey kong country), and tried to ctrtransfer (9.2) but none have worked. Through wifi and cart, it said it was unable to update. When I did a ctrtransfer it would not even boot.
I am not sure what is happening here. If anyone could help with this that would be great. :)

If your still able to boot to the home menu on 2.1 you should try Rosalina menu or inject FBI to h&s the install sysupdster and install a CIA update pack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging