Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Nyko Announces new Wii Peripherals
The Wand, Charge Station EX and Kama Charger

Nyko at CES has announced two brand new Wii peripherals. "The Wand", which is a third party Wii Remote, offers the exact same functionality as a regular Wii Remote (such as speakers, infra-red camera, vibration, motion sensor, etc) but also offers bigger buttons and brand new Trans-port technology. Trans-port technology allows additional peripherals to digitally map the peripheral's buttons to the Wii Remotes own buttons without a mechanical solution, which allows for a much more sophisticated gun add-on.

The second and third peripherals come in the form of chargers. The second, is the improved Wii Remote charger, called the Charge Station Ex. Retaining the same price as the original, the new charger has a charger meter to show you just how much each Wii Remote is charged, as opposed to the Fully Charged/Not Fully Charged light on the original. The third, the Kama Charger, offers a charger for a Wii Remote and Nyko's own Wireless Nunchuck. Unfortunately, the new benefits of the EX charger aren't applied to the Kama Charger.

Joystiq - Charge Station EX/Kama Charger
Joystiq - The Wand (with video)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wont buy it because it is not licensed by Nintendo so I prefer go with license by Nintendo.
smile.gif

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If price and quality are right, I might think of getting a Wand, Kama and Kama charger one day as my third controller set. Unfortunately, I fear the Kama nunchuk might not work perfectly well with the Wii MotionPlus.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
RockmanForte said:
I wont buy it because it is not licensed by Nintendo so I prefer go with license by Nintendo.
smile.gif

Well, as a long time user of the Nyko Charge Station, I can say that there's nothing wrong with it.

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Personally, for chargeable batteries, nothing is better than the USB recharged Wiimote battery pack I bought. Whenever the power is low, I just refill off the Wii's back USB ports and I'm good to go.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm... were they on crack when they designed "The Wand," or were they just too paranoid of a potential lawsuit?
That thing is butt-ugly. I might have bought it if it didn't look so stupid (the Trans-port technology sounds great).

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
Hmmm... were they on crack when they designed "The Wand," or were they just too paranoid of a potential lawsuit?
That thing is butt-ugly. I might have bought it if it didn't look so stupid (the Trans-port technology sounds great).

Well the thing is, all of the buttons and stuff are completely patented, so it's pretty hard to make a third party Wii Remote (which is why it hasn't been done before). However, these Nyko-motes (can I use that?
wink.gif
) are much better for people with bigger hands. My fingers are pretty averaged size and the Wiimote just fits in snuggly, people with bigger hands might not like it as much. Coincidentally or not, the Nyko-motes fix this.

The Trans-port technology does sound fantastic, though, you're very correct. I wish it was something that was actually implemented in the official remotes, as it makes a lot of sense to have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny