Homebrew WIP nxmtp: access your SD Card over USB without rebooting

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So what about Vitashell? I wish i had the skill to make a better app than this. I'm really impressed at how bad it is
Vita has also native support for MTP, just it's not available for user.

https://docs.vitasdk.org/group__SceVshBridgeUser.html#gaa754c13fd1fa6d1181cc449d2925bfef
https://docs.vitasdk.org/group__SceMtpIfDriverUser.html

Switch doesn't have any native support for managing USB file exchange without using SDK tools. We need to create our own service.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Edit: Updated above.

Last edited by masagrator,

Corgano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm going to go with no. I'm 99% sure the switch expects controllers / usb slave devices on it's usb-A ports. The switch dock would have to be programmed to expect and accept host devices on it's usb A ports, which is extremely unlikely as the switch doesn't have any accessories that would use this feature.

You COULD try plugging the usb c on the back of the dock into a PC, instead of the wall outlet, and that MIGHT work, but I still wouldn't count on it. MTP is intended for one device directly to another.

Last edited by Corgano,

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any utilities on macOS that allow you to merge folders with this? I nuked my SD://switch/ directory a few days ago because Android File Transfer only replaces.

EDIT: Quoted someone by accident, sorry about that.

klear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you find the patched build posted somewhere in this thread (sorry I'd find the link but I'm on mobile and also lazy) it *should* get X to exit working. Like you say tho it's not vital.
Oh I use a Mac and the Android File Transfer app, so I just close that app. Don't know if there's a way for Windows, sorry. But use the HID fixed version from this post and you can close the Switch app like normal, so you don't need to worry.
:whip:
:):evil:

Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work