Nvidia Grid Steaming VIA Ouya

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by LightyKD, Jun 15, 2013.

1. LightyKD
    OP

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    Looks like Nividia's Grid PC game streaming will be available for Ouya! From what I can gather, you have to have a"Grid Approved" Nvidia card (in your PC) for this to work with Ouya, Shield and any other Grid enabled Android device.

[​IMG]

WELP! Looks like Nvidia might as well give up on Shield. Why bother buying that thing when you can use Grid on a device that's roughly 1/3 the price of Nvidia's device.

431unknown likes this.

2. FaSMaN

FaSMaN Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2005
    I might actually consider getting a Ouya just for that, it would be nice to play my PC games on my big screen in the living room :)

3. SSVAV

SSVAV Lurker in space

Jan 29, 2011
    France
    Outer space

You know you totally can get a DVI converter if your graphics card doesn't support HDMI, right?

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Because a low-cost Home Console and a Handheld Console are totally the same thing. :rolleyes:

TehSkull, gamefan5 and p1ngpong like this.
  5. FaSMaN

FaSMaN Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2005
    And a 30 meter cable extension to my downstairs TV? Aswell as extension cables for all my peripherals?

It would be far more convenient just spending the $99 and streaming it over my pre-existing gigabit network ;)

6. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA

My point was that there are other, cheaper Tegra 3 mobile devices. If Grid gets rolled out to all Tegra 3+ devices, this makes Shield irrelevant.

7. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    And those other, cheaper Tegra 3 devices don't have an awesome controller attached to them.

8. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA

Android OS, bruh! -Some things called a DualShock 3 and a XBox 360 wired controller. Still cheaper than Shield

Zetta_x likes this.
  9. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Interesting, but we'll see how this will start working. As the guy said, latency is a problem in one way or the other. Hopefully they get this up and running..

10. SSVAV

SSVAV Lurker in space

Jan 29, 2011
    France
    Outer space

Ah well I did not know your setup, in my house my PC is next to the TV so I could do it

11. Qtis

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    And that's the most portable solution compared to Shield? Nope.

12. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA

Shield? Portable? LMFAO!!!! The Old Skool DS is more portable than that. Shield is a controller slapped onto a five inch screen. Frankly Nvidia needs to go back to the drawing board and come out with a new design.

13. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Oh yeah, all you need to do is use some duct tape to attach the controller and there you go! Portable console! :rolleyes:

Lighty, please... Some people want to play their games in a comfortable fashion and are willing to pay for it. ;)

14. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    [​IMG]

The thing MIGHT be comfortable due to the controller half but it's definitely NOT portable! Look at it. It's a friggin monster. They should have just copy/paste the Wii U Gamepad design and called it a day.

15. Qtis

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Have you actually seen a Shield IRL? The thing isn't even big, plus you can actually fold it. It doesn't have the controller sticking out, so it is a lot more portable than pretty much any Android device + a PS360 controller. Like it or not, that's a fact.

gamefan5, Gahars and Foxi4 like this.
  16. FaSMaN

FaSMaN Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2005
    Just watched the video and by the sound of things this is NOT grid but a cloud hosting service they will sell to third parties so it will run remote on their servers, not on your home computer :(

17. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA

Even better!!! Well, for me but that puts me in the place of having to decide on whether to continue my cloud collection through Onlive or Nvidia. I already have 18 titles invested in OnLive.

18. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Please enjoy not gaming when your Internet is down. :D

EDIT: I like how "Always Online" is a terrible concept but "streaming to the OUYA" is a godsent. :rofl:
    EDIT2: "Amazing Gaming. Anywhere.*"

*requires fast-speed broadband connection, you will only be able to play at home.

19. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    And then you can buy or if you already have a personal cloud. Ouya pretty cool when it comes to streaming, I'll give it that. I rather get the Ouya if I'm pretty much tied to online and no used games. :P

20. LightyKD
    OP

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA

Um.... It's very rare that my connection goes down and also, I work for the largest ISP in the world as a technician, I think I'll be OK in regards to cloud gaming. Finally, I only use Cloud gaming to supplement my digital collection. I just see it as paying someone to house my games on their PC until I can get a gaming quality one of my own. Which doing that is last on my to do list. I have a huge backlog that I need to finish.