NUSSpli constantly lagging out and downloading slowly out of nowhere

fearlesskiller

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Recently acquired a Wii-U, I got tiramisu, aroma and NUSspli setup. At first, it was fine, I downloaded a game at like 15 MB/s. Now I came back to the app an hour later to download the update, and it's constantly lagging out, giving hostname unknown error, unable to connect, i/o error and timing out during download. Is this something that is known and i should only be using it to install games i get from WIIUDownloader on pc?

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Recently acquired a Wii-U, I got tiramisu, aroma and NUSspli setup. At first, it was fine, I downloaded a game at like 15 MB/s. Now I came back to the app an hour later to download the update, and it's constantly lagging out, giving hostname unknown error, unable to connect, i/o error and timing out during download. Is this something that is known and i should only be using it to install games i get from WIIUDownloader on pc?
Most of the times when it host or network error, the issue is on your end. Also the wii u wifi is slow as all hell, if you're downloading a big game and have no problem using pc to dl. Then yeah use WIIUDownloader and do the usual transfer to sd and use nusspli to install it.

Reactions: jeannotte

fearlesskiller

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most of the times when it host or network error, the issue is on your end. Also the wii u wifi is slow as all hell, if you're downloading a big game and have no problem using pc to dl. Then yeah use WIIUDownloader and do the usual transfer to sd and use nusspli to install it.
Alright thank you. Also, i downloaded for 2 hours straight with no problem and i have 1gb/s internet, it just got worst out of no where and i could test internet without any issue

MajesticMouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had the same issue. Could be the storage that have issue such as a defective usb or hdd.
Also there is this wifi bug when gamepad/console too close from the hdd. It helps to solve the issue.
But what really limit the downloading speed it is the wifi hardware of the wii u.
My solution was to download not through nusspli but doing it with a pc with wiiudow loader directly. Really faster.
But then need to install through wup installer gx2 by copying game folders in the sd card in /installl/ folder.
So you need a high capacity sd storage depending the size of the games you want to install.
Or Just run nusspli for days......

fonix232

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
How even did you manage to get 15MB/s speeds? The top I get with NUSSpli is about 10Mb/s (note the non-capital b), so about 1.5MB/s. And yes, it's a hardware limitation of the Wii U - the WiFi module is slow, the CPU is also slow, and the storage controller (regardless if you're saving to NAND or SD card or external HDD) is also slow. For any large game you'll be better off using a PC, then transferring to the SD card and installing from there.

Reactions: MajesticMouse

MajesticMouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How even did you manage to get 15MB/s speeds? The top I get with NUSSpli is about 10Mb/s (note the non-capital b), so about 1.5MB/s. And yes, it's a hardware limitation of the Wii U - the WiFi module is slow, the CPU is also slow, and the storage controller (regardless if you're saving to NAND or SD card or external HDD) is also slow. For any large game you'll be better off using a PC, then transferring to the SD card and installing from there.
I think this is not possible to reach this speed. I hardly reach 1.5 MB/s yet in average 1.2 MB/s

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto