Hacking NUSPacker - pack files into installable packages

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Can you kust replace an original app's rpx file with a new one and edit the cos/meta/app files to get it to work? What do you need to edit to even try it?

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Can you just replace an original app's rpx file with a new one and edit the cos/meta/app files to get it to work? What do you need to edit to even try it?

ProtossEvo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have a doubt. Mario Kart 8 update (JPN) has something around 400mb, I decrypted it (with CDecrypt), swapped the language files with the USA Update language files, (my wii u is japanese, I want to play Mario Kart 8 in english, but any version that is not the japanese one, when installed to the USB or Nand, freezes with a beeeeep in the splash screen), after I changed the "language" files, I encrypted back with NUSPacker, everything seems to work normal, the encrypted file has something around 400mb, but when I install the update, it become 10mb only, and the game don't load. Anyone knows whats happening?

To be more specific:

- Downloaded the USA and JPN Updates for Mario Kart 8 (Both with sizes of something around 400mb)
- Decrypted both with CDecrypt
- Copied the USA files to the JPN update folder (content/ui/us to content/ui/jp) and overwrite the files (in the case of MK 8, it's the files with .msbt extension)
- Encrypted the JPN Update folder with NUSPacker (Encrypted correctly, other games worked flawlessly with similar method, like Super Mario 3d World)
- The resulting folder has something around 400mb
- Copied to SD card (root/install)
- Installed with WUP (Haxchi over Super Mario 64 DS, japanese Wii U ver. 5.5.3 J) to the external USB drive (500gb HD, other games function normally). No errors in the process
- Went to Wii U config tool, verified the installed files, update become 10mb only. When I download the updates through the Wii U itself, in the config menu it shows the correct size (400mb)
- Game fails to start

Any other version of Mario Kart 8 and Update, other than the japanese one, fail to launch (freezes on splash screen with a continuous beep). Japanese version and update works, but only if I don't touch the files (wich is useless to me, since the texts are in Japanese).

PS: If I change the language files in the game itself instead of the update folder, and I try to play the game without the updates, the console start to download the updates for itself, without giving me the option to play without updating. The updates contain the files for language that I alter in the decrypted full game folder, so the update overwrite my custom files with the original japanese ones again. If I disable the internet, the game refuses to launch without updating, and don't give me a choice to play without the update. Unfortunately, altering the files in the game itself, instead of the update, the encrypting and installation works perfectly (The size of the game doesn't change after the installation. The updates in the other hand, go from 400mb to 10mb)

Last edited by ProtossEvo,

paintispaint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
searched the thread for "bulk" and "multiple" without any results really, when I use the input and output folders can I do a folder that has several games with code/content/etc in further sub directories.

eg. /games has 300 folders inside it with game titles (/games/game1, /games/game2), and they all have content/code/whatever loadiine uses. If I input /games as the input directory and say /wup_ready as output, can it take all 300 and chew through them or do I need to run it through them sequentially (manually run it for each directory /games/game1, /games/game2 etc)?

paintispaint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: for anyone that wants to do this and is unsure, I ended up just using GNU parallel command to have it split it up and run them all, this was the syntax for linux:

ls | parallel -j+0 --eta 'java -jar NUSPacker.jar -in {} -out /mnt/share/Downloads/WUP/{}

note that the dir "/mnt/share/Downloads/WUP/" needs to be swapped with your preferred output dir of course. Run it from the dir that you have your game folder names in (/games, not /games/game[12345]). I also have the jar file in that dir. mind you I'm not very good with linux and if this sets your stuff on fire I'm sorry.

It's running now, hopefully it all works and installs fine.

Last edited by paintispaint,

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the contribution.

Seriously though, I'm trying to make channel for Retroarch cores and there's only an rpx and a meta
I'm on the same boat as you my friend.
I'm trying to install Retroarch cores executables (= RPX) into NAND or USB. Usual method is to load them from SD card, but SD card I/O is slow... so installing them into NAND would reduce access time.

I'm using NUSPACKER and I have CFW. But no luck so far..

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm on the same boat as you my friend.
I'm trying to install Retroarch cores executables (= RPX) into NAND or USB. Usual method is to load them from SD card, but SD card I/O is slow... so installing them into NAND would reduce access time.

I'm using NUSPACKER and I have CFW. But no luck so far..
I don't think that even works. I'm pretty sure retroarch cores are hardcoded to use the SD for the ini files and stuff so they probably won't function when installed to internal memory or USB.

Reactions: depaul

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how would I pack the folder with the encrypted app files into a single file like a NUS file instead of a folder
This is for the WiiU. The files are distributed separately. You can zip them together if it's easier to organize, but you can't use them in zipped format.

patri0t82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone explain to me what's happening? I run the command properly, use the title key and common key and receive no errors.
It goes through the long list of files and finishes very quickly, yet nothing gets created in the "out" folder.

jonaand2

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
is possible convert loadiine game to wud?
for example
i have smash bros v304 in loadiine, can convert to a single file wud?
how do it
thanks

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have Super Mario 3D World JAPAN in loadiine, can convert to a single file wud? I need that because I dont want loadiine. Please ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2: