Hacking NUS Downloader - v1.2 Beta

hipnotik

Trophies
XP
Country
France
could Nus Downloader will be integrate the dip module in order to make by a fast and clean way a new cioscorp?

(sorry for my english, i'm a french n00b guy ^^)

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
carbonyle said:
Ok i've done my test too. SignCheck give me same log: IOS are trucha capable but tha's not true.
I've try to use those IOS-trucha-patched with wadmanager (just try to install a forwarder) and It give me a -2011 error wich generaly mean: your IOS is not trucha capable

(I've test 38 60 and 61)
ps. IOS60 is working: didn't brick on my 4.0E wii (good new, but anyway i've bootmii as boot2)

I attempted the same WAD Manager check. It doesn't work unless I use freethebug to patch it as well. The shop channel is still strange about it though, black screen on trucha patched IOS61. This still makes no sense to me. But, not the first time it's happened though. I still suspect the shop channel has protection or something though.

QUOTE(WB3000 @ Jul 6 2009, 05:43 PM) There might be a bit of a clarification issue here. NUSD does not enable the trucha bug, it rather trucha signs the title itself. Normally, you are not allowed to change values such as the Title ID, required IOS, version of the title, etc. By trucha signing the tmd/ticket, you can change these things.

So carbonyle: The IOS modules are indeed signed, but they still have the signing bug inside of them (you probably got one of the latest 4.0 IOS modules with the bug patched.)

The main purpose of the feature is really to do certain patches such as changing the IOS the system menu/other titles need, etc. IOS modules are normally not trucha signed, as they don't need to be modified with the exception of replacing the signing bug inside them.

(Hope that made some sort of sense).
laugh.gif

I see. You got me all thinking that it did what freethebug does. I misinterpreted.

Perhaps that feature should be added? A lot of people use this to get IOS wads and adding that would save them an additional step.

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Once I get full content signing working, there will be really no limit on what can be done. I'll be able to add features like that in the future.
wink.gif

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
It might simply be out of order internally. All cert.sys files are identical in contents (3 certs embedded). I see how i might be able to increase compatibility now that you mention this.

Go ahead and generate certs from NUS. It's a good test of your connection as a bonus.

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
pm_41 said:
I just noticed the VC/WiiWare section...

Does this mean that this program can pirate those titles?
blink.gif
If you read the thread you would see that the ticket is missing but there is a way and luckily that method is described on a site which has closed it's registrations

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
computerboy said:
pm_41 said:
I just noticed the VC/WiiWare section...

Does this mean that this program can pirate those titles?
blink.gif
If you read the thread you would see that the ticket is missing but there is a way and luckily that method is described on a site which has closed it's registrations
Meh, I was also first shocked, and things like a Pirate Shopchannel came in my mind...that would be realy, realy hard for Nintendo if something like that would come out...(think about LibwiiGUI--->Downloading--->Installing to Wii--->Installing to USB/SD--->FOR FREE!!!). Oh Nintendo, how deep will you fall...
frown.gif
. Anyways...I don't use VC...there are EMUs for that. And WiiWare games are all crappy. No Fear Big N, I won't harm you there
tongue.gif

@App: Realy nice done, this app has a great future, realy
smile.gif

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nice update
smile.gif
First thing i noticed is this

I test downloaded title 000000010000003C
Left version field blank so to grab latest version
version downloaded was v6174
when trucha GUI opened it was showing version as 2430

Now i checked the tmd and cetk in hex and the offsets are definitely showing 6174 (18 1E)

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so in order to use the wiiware/vc titles you'd need to obtain the ticket somehow and the only way to do that is to have the .wad for the wiiware/vc title to unpack the ticket from or somehow get it from your wii in a similar fashion, which defeats the purpose of using it for that.
you'd have to go way to far out of the way to do that with it and that is a very good thing, so NUSD remains a tool piracy free.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wolffangalchemist said:
so in order to use the wiiware/vc titles you'd need to obtain the ticket somehow and the only way to do that is to have the .wad for the wiiware/vc title to unpack the ticket from or somehow get it from your wii in a similar fashion, which defeats the purpose of using it for that.
you'd have to go way to far out of the way to do that with it and that is a very good thing, so NUSD remains a tool piracy free.

Well, as I pointed out earlier, I was able to download the Opera Internet Channel and produce a working wad for my Wii. So I wouldn't say the tool is "piracy free".

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
s3phir0th115 said:
wolffangalchemist said:

Well, as I pointed out earlier, I was able to download the Opera Internet Channel and produce a working wad for my Wii. So I wouldn't say the tool is "piracy free".

Just to tell you that is the only purchasable channel you can do that with

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
computerboy said:
Just to tell you that is the only purchasable channel you can do that with

Yeah, I suspected that. I thought it might be different from wiiware and virtual console stuff, and it was.

I was just pointing out that it's not completely piracy free if you're able to use it to pirate something like the Opera Internet Channel with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1