WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Due to all the help in testing, NUS Downloader v1.2 has been released in it's final form.

Thanks for all the help!
yay.gif

Original contents of the thread:
I've had less and less time to focus on NUS Downloader lately, and I don't want to waste all of the work on v1.2. I would be grateful if you could help hunt down any bugs in v1.2.

New from 1.1a is a database feature, which should stop all of the requests for title IDs. With a database.xml file in the same directory, you can access the majority of titles available in a few clicks.

How you can help: Know something that is missing from the database? Be sure to give as many details as possible (at least ID and name). I know that some consoles are not filled in yet, but I haven't had the time, and they are not exactly top priority considering they have no tickets on NUS.

A big addition to the GUI is the trucha signing tools. You can alter many things such as the ID of the title itself, what IOS is needed, etc.

How you can help: I really don't have a lot of stuff to install that needs trucha, so you can help by testing out some of the WADs created. Be sure to have BootMii + a NAND backup ready! I forsee any errors in trucha being unable to even install, however some could brick if you don't have low-level protection (ie BootMii).

(Beta 2 fixes some things through ~Page 5)
Download: NUS Downloader v1.2 Beta 2 (Source on GoogleCode)
NUS Downloader v1.2 Beta 1 (Old)

Here's a (somewhat large) screenshot of the beta. The trucha GUI is exposed on the left, regular GUI on the right with the database open.

Thanks for any help offered! Hopefully v1.2 will be improved from the testing.
smile.gif

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks like a very nice advancement. And it would save me from having to pull out additional tools to trucha patch things.
The database feature is also very nice. It will allow me to finally easily generate a complete IOS collection.

I will test the trucha feature soon. Thanks for this.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I love your tool. Could you please change the wad filename to the format nintendo uses on the discs?
Like IOS30-64-v1040.wad, IOS36-64-v1042.wad or IOS36-64-v3094.wad.

Also i don't understand what trucha related you actually do. Do you trucha sign the contents or do you integrate the trucha bug into the contents?

And you can just download VC/WiiWare from NUS? That confuses me a lot.

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
WiiPower said:
Same here
This new version is just awsome! I use NUS quite often, it's a very good thing and now with trucha patching it's even better
EDIT: one thing, without common-key we cannot decrypt content but we can still do the trucha patching... disapointed

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tested trucha yet but, astoundingly, I was able to generate a working Opera Internet Channel wad. I'm not sure if that's pirating or not.....

Anyway, on to trucha patch testing now.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tj_cool said:
WiiPower said:
they all show in the title database: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Title
so maybe that why NUSD can download them

If you can download and install it, i fear now that this fact is revealed the NUS server as we know it, will soon be shutdown. I really hope there's something missing so you can't install the stuff you loaded from there.

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
I love your tool. Could you please change the wad filename to the format nintendo uses on the discs?
Like IOS30-64-v1040.wad, IOS36-64-v1042.wad or IOS36-64-v3094.wad.

Also i don't understand what trucha related you actually do. Do you trucha sign the contents or do you integrate the trucha bug into the contents?

I'm going to work on filename integration from the database soon. From the trucha GUI you can change TMD/Tik properties (such as IOS used, the ID itself, etc.). I haven't gotten into content signing yet.

NUS has the encrypted VC/WiiWare files, however they're pretty much useless. They're added for completeness, however they have no ticket.

QUOTEAfter downloading a WiiWare title the "Start NUS Download!" button doesn't appear/reset again.

I really don't know how that's happening, but I'll look into it.

And probably just as another warning: I have done little trucha testing. Don't be too mad if it doesn't work/install!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
WB3000 said:
NUS has the encrypted VC/WiiWare files, however they're pretty much useless. They're added for completeness, however they have no ticket.
what if someone finds out how to add the ticket (if thats possible)? Would they work?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WB3000 said:
I'm going to work on filename integration from the database soon. From the trucha GUI you can change TMD/Tik properties (such as IOS used, the ID itself, etc.). I haven't gotten into content signing yet.

So it's basically the same what WiiPartitionBinChanger from the WiiScrubber package does. It would be nice to select what to download, download, change the ids, and then pack a wad with it. If you do not already plan to do that of course.

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
tj_cool said:
WB3000 said:
what if someone finds out how to add the ticket (if thats possible)? Would they work?

I'm afraid it's already been done without this program (a few weeks ago before NUSD). Luckily the method won't be available to all the public cause it's on a site which has it's registrations closed

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
computerboy said:
tj_cool said:
WB3000 said:
I'm afraid it's already been done without this program (a few weeks ago before NUSD). Luckily the method won't be available to all the public cause it's on a site which has it's registrations closed
Ah Ok. Was just interested. I have no plans in downloading VC/WW with NUSD.

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Regardless of any sneaky piracy sites, what my tool downloads is completely legal. I will never filter what title IDs are allowed. If Nintendo wishes to change their setup they may do so.

I have honestly never heard of tickets being distributed alone, however if you go that far it's just as easy to find whatever you want completely packaged for you.

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to grab the Nintendo Channel and was told "This title has no ticket and cannot be packed/decrypted". What exactly does this mean?

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Tagg7 said:
I tried to grab the Nintendo Channel and was told "This title has no ticket and cannot be packed/decrypted". What exactly does this mean?

Tickets are a crucial part of all Wii Titles, and some titles (mostly VC/WiiWare) require purchase before you are given a ticket (this is all Wii side). The Nintendo Channel is odd in how it is not publicly available.

In the database, a (-) indicates no ticket, a (+) indicates an available ticket.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I tested the trucha patching feature on IOS60 and IOS61 to install on my wii. The results seem to be good.

I ran SignCheck on my system. ---> http://wiibrew.org/wiki/SignCheck

It indicated all of my IOS's are trucha capable except for IOS37 (I may fix that with NUSD soon.) This would include the IOS60 and IOS61 I generated with this program, so I would deem it working.

I also installed the shop channel to check for IOS61 functionality. It doesn't black screen this time, instead it now produces an error 002 screen. I suspect the channel has a form of copy protection that detects trucha patched IOS's?

Either way, looks like it works. I tested on getting IOS60, IOS61, Trucha IOS60, Trucha IOS61, and the Opera Internet Channel. All of them created and installed fine. Although I'm not sure why the shopping channel is acting as it is.

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WB3000 said:
Tickets are a crucial part of all Wii Titles, and some titles (mostly VC/WiiWare) require purchase before you are given a ticket (this is all Wii side). The Nintendo Channel is odd in how it is not publicly available.

In the database, a (-) indicates no ticket, a (+) indicates an available ticket.
I see. Sorry for the n00bish question, and thanks for your reply. The program looks extremely polished based on my experimentation, so great job.

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
s3phir0th115 said:
Alright, I tested the trucha patching feature on IOS60 and IOS61 to install on my wii. The results seem to be good.

I ran SignCheck on my system. ---> http://wiibrew.org/wiki/SignCheck

It indicated all of my IOS's are trucha capable except for IOS37 (I may fix that with NUSD soon.) This would include the IOS60 and IOS61 I generated with this program, so I would deem it working.

I also installed the shop channel to check for IOS61 functionality. It doesn't black screen this time, instead it now produces an error 002 screen. I suspect the channel has a form of copy protection that detects trucha patched IOS's?

Either way, looks like it works. I tested on getting IOS60, IOS61, Trucha IOS60, Trucha IOS61, and the Opera Internet Channel. All of them created and installed fine. Although I'm not sure why the shopping channel is acting as it is.
Ok i've done my test too. SignCheck give me same log: IOS are trucha capable but tha's not true.
I've try to use those IOS-trucha-patched with wadmanager (just try to install a forwarder) and It give me a -2011 error wich generaly mean: your IOS is not trucha capable

(I've test 38 60 and 61)
ps. IOS60 is working: didn't brick on my 4.0E wii (good new, but anyway i've bootmii as boot2)

WB3000

OP
Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
There might be a bit of a clarification issue here. NUSD does not enable the trucha bug, it rather trucha signs the title itself. Normally, you are not allowed to change values such as the Title ID, required IOS, version of the title, etc. By trucha signing the tmd/ticket, you can change these things.

So carbonyle: The IOS modules are indeed signed, but they still need the signing bug inside of them (you probably got one of the latest 4.0 IOS modules with the bug patched.)

The main purpose of the feature is really to do certain patches such as changing the IOS the system menu/other titles need, etc. IOS modules are normally not trucha signed, as they don't need to be modified with the exception of replacing the signing bug inside them.

(Hope that made some sort of sense).
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM