PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
To answer someone's question, playing the first isn't required. The story is new, and doesn't "pick up" or anything from the first. There are references to the first, obviously, but for the most part, they explain anything mentioned. Some of the characters are back, and it helps to know their background, but it isn't neseccary.

goferchan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there no fix yet for the ruins/forest problem?
frown.gif

Plasticgod

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So is there no fix yet for the ruins/forest problem?
frown.gif
Unfortunately the "bug" affects all the Undeads location, and also the solar intensity is always resetted at any new screen.

I dont remember exactly, but in the patched Boktai 1, when you have to set-up the time location, the game says that I'ts setted, and didnt encounter any problem.
In Boktai 2, instead, if you try to set-up the game says it cannot be done.
Maybe that's the problem.

Devis0r

Trophies
XP
Country
I Believe it is the patch that's cuasing the problem. I managed to hack it and to make my Solar Gauge stay consistant throughout the screens, but I just can't get into the Undead dungeons.

Hopefully a redump will occur though.

It's also nice seeing another GBA group doing patches like this, even if they screw up several levels.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'll ask again - are the games connected at all (e.g. story) or is this a stand alone thingy that can be played and enjoyed just as much even if you never even touched the first Boktai?

This question is to those who played through the first game.

Luse

Now with more MOOSE!!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You dont have to play the first game to understand the second, but it will shed light on certain things if you have played the first one...

It's like any other sequel, but this one's better then the first so if you play this one first you may not want to bother with the first game....

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It's like any other sequel, but this one's better then the first so if you play this one first you may not want to bother with the first game....
Yeah, that's why I was thinking of skipping it and jump right onto this sequel, but should that ruin some of the fun and the game's story, then I'd rather play through Boktia 1 first despite its flaws.

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
well it's ok but is there no un-patched version of this game by the way when i was playing j version i somhow maneged to get one dot of sun light on vba i'm not sure how thu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is pretty good