NTSC 3DS not working with supercard dstwo

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by apb407, Apr 3, 2011.

Apr 3, 2011
  1. apb407
    OP

Member apb407 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ive reformatted the micro sd card and everything, tried the update which works on the ds phat, the supercard dstwo works on the ds phat as in it is shown and i can go through the menu but when i put it into the 3ds alex stormrider shows up (which i heard is correct) then when i go to it the 3DS gives me an error message saying to check the manual and shut off the 3DS, other games work on my 3DS

Any ideas?

2. Peache

Newcomer Peache Advanced Member

Australia
    I've got the sames problem as you. Done the update and my card won't read on the 3DS. Maybe it's all to do with a bad batch of DStwo's? It's quite frustrating.

Quick question, is your micro a Kingston? Because i've tried 2 different Micro SD's 1gb and 4gb Kingston's and the card still won't read on the 3DS. Haven't tried another brand yet though.

3. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    There is no such thing as an NTSC 3DS. I presume you mean either a Japanese or US one though. If it's a US unit, I can say at least that it works fine for me. Did you update your 3DS itself? Some have said they had trouble with it until updating the 3DS.

4. apb407
    OP

Member apb407 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yeah i meant US, and i just updated the 3DS and still nothing and nope not a kingston, if it is a bad batch or its not working should i call the retailer i got it from ? or what would the next step be :/

5. Peache

Australia
    Since it's a problem that alot of people have, I suggest wait abit until Supercard does another update.

Tonight, i'm gonna try and downgrade too 1.07 with my DSiXL and then upgrade too 1.09 again and see what happens. I'll post results

6. ferret7463

Member ferret7463 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I get that message every now and then with my card. if i get it more than once, i normally just eject the card all the way out and reinsert it while the 3DS is off. This seems to always work for me.

7. Peache

Australia
    See that's what I though too. so i did that heaps of times when I got the error yet it still doesn't work. I tried downgrading to 1.08 then too 1.09 from my XL. Tried both firmwares and it still won't read from the 3DS.

Works perfectly fine on my XL which is even more frustrating...I want it to work on my 3DS >_

8. Teren

Newcomer Teren Newbie

Spain
    I have the same problem with an EU 3DS. It's something about the cartridge for sure, waiting for an update... Anyway, I've ordered an Acekard 2i (11$) until some way to make SC DS2 work shows up...