Hacking NTRCFW 3.4 Preview1(Support video output on New 3DS)

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
It's weird, it seems that the more I use the software, the worse it gets. Without changing any of the settings in between, it was working fine with both screens last night. This morning the lower screen was streaming poorly at about 0.5FPS, in the afternoon the lower screen doesn't stream at all and remains permanently black. And now in the evening, the top screen streams at an unusually low frame rate, and only seems to work at the Home Menu when a blank space or folder is highlighted. Moving the cursor onto a game icon will cause an instant freeze and prevents streaming from continuing again. I restarted all devices numerous times and made sure only my 3DS and PC are connected to the network, no settings have been changed. Really weird. It's almost as if the software's just slowly giving up and dying.

abdellbobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's weird, it seems that the more I use the software, the worse it gets. Without changing any of the settings in between, it was working fine with both screens last night. This morning the lower screen was streaming poorly at about 0.5FPS, in the afternoon the lower screen doesn't stream at all and remains permanently black. And now in the evening, the top screen streams at an unusually low frame rate, and only seems to work at the Home Menu when a blank space or folder is highlighted. Moving the cursor onto a game icon will cause an instant freeze and prevents streaming from continuing again. I restarted all devices numerous times and made sure only my 3DS and PC are connected to the network, no settings have been changed. Really weird. It's almost as if the software's just slowly giving up and dying.
this is just a preview and it is not stable and it is for testers...

Last edited by abdellbobo,

MegaHaxorus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire runs very well at 20-25fps consistently. Pretty impressive.

Attachments

• IMG_20160412_125317.jpg
    IMG_20160412_125317.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 246

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing how this works, maybe the best would be an option to not send the bottom screen. I mean, it's extreamally slow, and it only sending information usseless for some games. Maybe it'll improve the fps rate in some games when streaming.

Reactions: Pib and NekoMichi

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice waiting for the final release and yes it will support for O3DS
Where'd you hear that? The first post states that NTR 3.4 will be ported to O3DS, but does not mention porting the video feature.

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire runs very well at 20-25fps consistently. Pretty impressive.
That's impressive! Can I ask what your setup is? What kind of router are you using?

abdellbobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Where'd you hear that? The first post states that NTR 3.4 will be ported to O3DS, but does not mention porting the video feature.

That's impressive! Can I ask what your setup is? What kind of router are you using?
who knows how he can ported to O3DS and not put the most future requested on it ?

abdellbobo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Note:
NTR3.4 preview1 is only for New3ds. the developer said it will support o3ds except video output.
the video output client is only for windows recently, it will support other platform in the future.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Never (video stream stuff) on OLD 3DS, because it uses the extra power of the n3ds.
everything is possible

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first I am not the developer and I think the problem is only streaming and compressing
I am not the developer don't take it seriously
I'm not sure how likely such a software could be ported (I think it relies a bit on the extra N3DS memory/cpu), but it would definitely be awesome if it happened!

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Generally, the philosophy of "anything is possible" refers to the development of newer technologies and capabilities, not being able to do everything with anything. In the case of the O3DS, the hardware limitation really is apparent, which is why reliable video streaming is unlikely to be achieved.

Reactions: RealityNinja

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @GhostLatte approves