Homebrew NTR Launcher - Bring back that classic DS boot screen for your DS games!

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
Hello, I've tried to use my N5 card (which is a replica of R4), and i cannot get it to work. It stays on a white screen, i've used the NTR and Alt NTR, but still the same. It appears that this card uses the Akaio kernel files. I tried with different kernels and still white screen. Can you please help me.

I have a new 3ds on firmwar 11.0

My M3RealDS didn't work before I used the Stage2 TWL. Try using http://gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon™.416434/ and then this launcher. It should work.

Mapachillo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My M3RealDS didn't work before I used the Stage2 TWL. Try using http://gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon™.416434/ and then this launcher. It should work.

Thanks, i did try all of the stage two cia, and couldn't get it to work still, that was why i tried the NTR launcher.

But are you saying to run first one of the stage two, then exit the app and then run the ntr launcher?

PS. my N5 card still has the files i used (and worked) when i had it with my Nintendo DS and DSi.

Manurocker95

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks, i did try all of the stage two cia, and couldn't get it to work still, that was why i tried the NTR launcher.

But are you saying to run first one of the stage two, then exit the app and then run the ntr launcher?

PS. my N5 card still has the files i used (and worked) when i had it with my Nintendo DS and DSi.

With the stage2 cia, it will (at least) recognize the cartridge, then try the launcher. It worked for me.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a Reminder atm the Stage2 & 3 Launchers Require an older build of LumaNormal or Luma Dev (dev still patches the TWL Dev launcheras does some luma builds some versisn back. )

Manurocker95

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Spain
It doesn't recognize the cartridge. Tried inserting it with extra support, and still doesn't show. I'm on the latest 6.2.1 Luma BTW. which stage2 did you try?
Do you have the Dev TWL Patched? Luma3DS dev allows you to patch it. You will need that for the old launcher.

Mapachillo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And how can i do that? should i install the dev version, and then what steps am i to take? cause i only hace a file on under the luma folder that says patched_twl. but not sure if that is enough. right now i'm in the non-dev version

hadis1000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do NOT eject the card like it asks. Just hit A and it should be able to init the card. :D

"Please pull out a present card for, Slot-1 and set a tagert card."
>leave the card where it is
>a
"The card of Slot-1 cannot be recognized. Please pull out once and set it again"

The NDS Backup Tool Wifi can't initiate my card. I guess it's impossible to dump.

Edit: I got wifi to work on my old ds lite and tried to dump it with NDS backup tool wifi and wood dumper. Same results.
for future reference: I got this R4 SDHC 2.0 Happy Box
psl3wTU.png

Last edited by hadis1000,

Manurocker95

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Spain
And how can i do that? should i install the dev version, and then what steps am i to take? cause i only hace a file on under the luma folder that says patched_twl. but not sure if that is enough. right now i'm in the non-dev version

It must be the dev TWL Launcher. As I know, normal Luma3DS 6.1.1 has the option but you can use the dev version too. Just press Select while booting and a menu will open, then select the option of the TWL patch.

Last edited by Manurocker95,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
"Please pull out a present card for, Slot-1 and set a tagert card."
>leave the card where it is
>a
"The card of Slot-1 cannot be recognized. Please pull out once and set it again"

The NDS Backup Tool Wifi can't initiate my card. I guess it's impossible to dump.

Did you enable the resetslot1 option in the ini file of NTR BootStrap before booting it?

Mapachillo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if by contact you mean the game is not reaching, i've tried many times with different things to make it stay. and still no success.

I've got a question, is there any other way to see if the files i have on the 3ds are the proper ones? and like orochi115 mentioned, it may be something with my flashcart?

sunfished

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently in the process of trying to dump my R4SDHC flashcard, but decrypt9 and wooddumper seem to not be able to read the header, resulting in errors and whatnot. Also gave NDS Backup Tool Wifi a shot, but apparently my wifi is set to some security type that is too new for a dslite to connect to :(

Is there some other alternative to dumping it? Otherwise, I may just have to just wait it out, which is totally fine

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently in the process of trying to dump my R4SDHC flashcard, but decrypt9 and wooddumper seem to not be able to read the header, resulting in errors and whatnot. Also gave NDS Backup Tool Wifi a shot, but apparently my wifi is set to some security type that is too new for a dslite to connect to :(

Is there some other alternative to dumping it? Otherwise, I may just have to just wait it out, which is totally fine
I'm gonna try to dump it.

EDIT: I'm unable to connect to Wifi, even if the AP settings are correct.

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Reactions: sunfished

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a Reminder atm the Stage2 & 3 Launchers Require an older build of LumaNormal or Luma Dev (dev still patches the TWL Dev launcheras does some luma builds some versisn back. )
The latest dev version (6.2.2) doesn't seem to have the option to patch TWL, unless I'm missing something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo