Status
Not open for further replies.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really sure as to what can be achieved with ntr plugins. But would it possible to create a plugin that gives us basic ram dumping/editing, basic searches and entering codes on the 3DS itself?
This sounds like the feature the gameboy gameshark had. I'd spend hours making codes. I have a few ideas for codes myself, but I'd mostly like this for the layered FS plugin with custom music

Reactions: Zidapi

Bidoofguy

Custom Title:
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but for some reason layeredFS doesn't work on Alpha Sapphire when the game is updated. It'll work fine when I'm using 1.0 (aka no updates at all), but if I update to 1.4, it'll do the usual green flash to indicate it's working, fade to black, and then display the 'an error has occurred, hold down the power button' message. Tried both a retail copy, and a .cia version, same results on both.

Also tried it on both rxtools 3.0b7 and Gateway, same result on both of those, too.

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but for some reason layeredFS doesn't work on Alpha Sapphire when the game is updated. It'll work fine when I'm using 1.0 (aka no updates at all), but if I update to 1.4, it'll do the usual green flash to indicate it's working, fade to black, and then display the 'an error has occurred, hold down the power button' message. Tried both a retail copy, and a .cia version, same results on both.

Also tried it on both rxtools 3.0b7 and Gateway, same result on both of those, too.
Just an idea, but have you used the 1.4 exefs when building the plugin?

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having read through all 20 pages of this thread, I'm still confused about a few things. I specifically want to use this for the save plugin, as I want to update my O3DS from 4.5 to 9.2 and want an easier way of "fixing" the save files of games that use 6.x save encryption that GW used the 2.x encryption on due to being on 4.5. The SDF workaround for GW is too many steps for the amount of saves that I have which need 6.x reencryption. Can I do that with this, or is the save plugin more of a simple backup/restore function than decrypt/reencrypt?

If I can use the save plugin for what I need, are there any quirks I should know about? I read something about card2 games not working with it, but is there anything else I should know about?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Having read through all 20 pages of this thread, I'm still confused about a few things. I specifically want to use this for the save plugin, as I want to update my O3DS from 4.5 to 9.2 and want an easier way of "fixing" the save files of games that use 6.x save encryption that GW used the 2.x encryption on due to being on 4.5. The SDF workaround for GW is too many steps for the amount of saves that I have which need 6.x reencryption. Can I do that with this, or is the save plugin more of a simple backup/restore function than decrypt/reencrypt?

If I can use the save plugin for what I need, are there any quirks I should know about? I read something about card2 games not working with it, but is there anything else I should know about?
NTR's save plugin is identical in functionality to SDF, only the file paths where the decrypted saves are stored differ.

mancasoko

Trophies
XP
Country
I have problems with this to work. It says:
dump finished at addr: 00382000
current firmware not supported.
kversion:02320100
bnBootNTR failed

I read post in here that people says that it work for them on second try but for me it is every time like this.
My Gateway is on version 9.7.0-25E. Is that the reason I have this problem?

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have problems with this to work. It says:
dump finished at addr: 00382000
current firmware not supported.
kversion:02320100
bnBootNTR failed

I read post in here that people says that it work for them on second try but for me it is every time like this.
Yeah I think it is most compatible with 9.9 emunand. I also had errors when using 9.6 emunand.

Edit: or emunand 9.5 for N3DS users.

Last edited by samiam144,

mancasoko

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I think it only supports 9.9 emunand, I also had errors when using 9.6 emunand.
I see. Thanks for replaying. Anyway I heard that next Gateway update will support cheats so maybe it will not be far away for waiting I guess.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Yeah I think it only supports 9.9 emunand, I also had errors when using 9.6 emunand.
I'm not sure that being on the latest emuNAND matters, or else new3DS users wouldn't be able to launch from a 9.5 emuNAND, right?

Last edited by Zidapi,

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure that being on the latest emuNAND matters, or else new3DS uses wouldn't be able to launch from a 9.5 emuNAND, right?
Oh right. Then I guess it was tested mostly on 9.5 and 9.9, since those were and still are the latest updates at the time of release.

PandaMayFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just going to keep an eye on this thread, incase any of you talented people decide to make any more game trainers :P

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just going to keep an eye on this thread, incase any of you talented people decide to make any more game trainers :P
I don't know about plugins, but you could always play it like Cheat Engine and edit values in memory with the debugger =P (though there's no way to force it to stay a value IIRC)

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see why not. Any particular reason you don't want to update to 9.9?
nothing much
I use 2 separate SD cards ,1 for games (9.7) 1 for eshop (9.9), am just too lazy to update them both since 9.7 could already play all current games :)

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Reading through the thread someone got a blackscreen whilst trying the clean boot option from GW. I might just have to wait for increased OoT support (but not Ninjhax for OoT since it won't be supported on 8.1)

@cell9 ?

That method you linked to earlier no longer works since the nus servers are no longer available. Currently there is no work around to update from 8.1 to 9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY