CaseyOmah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.caseyomah.com
XP
Country
United States
MassiveRican Okay, the issue was just the "echo on", except that I have it programmed so Install includes a forced Select, I think just dropping back to mod menu showing "Install" again if it failed and "Select" if it succeeded is the best course, agree?

Update: On install fail it will return to mod select menu (after offering to delete) on success it will proceed to base selection.

CaseyOmah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.caseyomah.com
XP
Country
United States
Actually, check the current implementation, I think it's even better, on success proceed to base menu (with just installed mod selected), on fail return to mod menu.

Once I have confirmation of clean working through the menus (With "1. Yes, continue" showing a message and pausing before returning to menu) I will write all the guts, a day, maybe two for that. Looks like I'm a bit ahead of release schedule. Maybe take a vacation, then release on time? LOL J/K.

P.S. Now is the time to nit pick about cosmetics in the menus. Like look at Menu.bat (not used in current build, just an example) but it would take me a bit to write a string length checker to implement.

CaseyOmah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.caseyomah.com
XP
Country
United States
Time for a thorough testing, if I change the menu style then typos may break something, but they're easy fixes.

P.S. Overwrite is always fine, the only updates I'm making are in the Build_ISO.bat file and the plugins folder, support hasn't changed since just after 1.05

Update: String length parser will actually be pretty easy, figured it out already, if we want ASCII instead of text menus.

Reactions: MassiveRican

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
SWEET! XD
Look at u go, always thought it would be cool to code things how u want them, unfortunately I don't have the time to pursue that hobby right now. Maybe later on I'd at least like to learn some basics.

CaseyOmah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.caseyomah.com
XP
Country
United States
So, I take it the menus (and install) are stable, you didn't catch any errors? Did you look at the Menu.bat and see if you would like those? Also I'm thinking about making the mod list go to a 1 line per mod (instead of 3) if you have more than X supported by your base(s)

CaseyOmah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.caseyomah.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, updated URL for Newer (plugins\Newer.PLG) and revised banner menu to be more intuitive (Build_ISO.bat)

Anybody have a preference on menu look, right now I'm using the text menus as the original had, Take a look at the welcome message and Menu.bat to see what ASCII menus look like, I can revise all the menus to be ASCII but if nobody cares, I won't bother.

Also any other issues/complaints about the menu (layout, option descriptions, etc.)

And finally, depending on Internet connection speed the welcome message can show for a very short time, so I "timed" the message so it shows for at least 1 second.

Reactions: MassiveRican

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
It's much better now with toggles, thank you. As for ASCII - me personally don't need such a pseudographic enhancements, menu is fine already, works and looks well.

BTW, author of "Awesomer Super Luigi Mini" decided to remove this mod from a public as he can't get it to work and have no will to fix it. He is currently working on the new mod "Luigi's Super Yoshi Bros." but not yet finished it.

CaseyOmah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.caseyomah.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so everyone's happy with the menus and Installer now? I'm planning on finishing up the core today (Sunday 24th)

Edit: I have unexpected company tonight, probably won't be releasing tonight, but I promise, next day I have available, I'll be done.

Edit2: Looks like tomorrow (Tuesday 26th) -- Hopefully.

Update: It WORKS! release shortly, your betas will offer autoupdate on run once I post. Need to update README.txt and possibly a glitch in the main menu loop after build.

Reactions: oji

CaseyOmah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.caseyomah.com
XP
Country
United States
Announcing the long awaited release of v1.06!
If you have a beta 1.05+ then it should offer to update each time you run it until you agree

For those waiting for the release, here it is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5likqbyyrp0czld/NSMBW_Mod_ISO_Builder.zip

That is designed to be a Permalink, meaning that the most recent version should always be there, if I change that I will post an autoupdater there to grab the new location.

Changelog:

v1.06
* changelog format: + Added feature, - Removed feature, * Changed feature
+ all new code, total rewrite
+ auto update to most recent version if available after prompt
+ base plugin format (date_timestamp.BASE)
+ support for more than one base at the same time
+ only extracts needed image
* base menu is dynamic showing only install bases supported by current mod
* base menu is disabled if selected mod supports only one installed base (auto selected)
* new mod plugin format (Filename.PLG)
+ mod plugins for AwesomerSLM (now defunct) and Koopa Country
+ ability to auto download and install supported riivolution packages
+ AltIDs for all current plugins
+ Ability to type custom GameID (ID6) for final image (Will auto set region character)
+ alt and custom gameID uses proper custom main banner when looking local and download

CaseyOmah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.caseyomah.com
XP
Country
United States
Technical Info for v1.06 Plugins:
Code:
BASE:
  Filename:
    YYYY-MM-DD_HHNNSS.BASE (COPYDATE_LAST_YYYY-MM-DD_HHNNSS)
  Internal:
    REGv# (ex. USAv1)

PLG:
  Filename:
    *.PLG (Doesn't Matter)
  Internal:
    1st Line: GameCodename (ex. Newer)
    Required:
copyFiles=src1:dest1;src2:dest2;...srcN:destN (ex. copyFiles=Tilesets\:Stage\Texture\;TitleReplay\:Replay\title\)
folder=modfolder (ex. folder=NewerSMBW)
gameID=AAA.## (ex. gameID=SMN.03)
modName=mod name (ex. modName=Newer SMBW)
supports=REGv#,REGv# (ex. supports=EURv1,EURv2)
URL=http.....
    For Autoinstall:
ZIP=archivefile.ext (ex. ZIP=Retro Remix.rar)
ZIPFolder=foldername\ (The file in which the riivolution and modfolder folders are, ex. ZIPFolder=Newer Files\)
    Also Supports:
altID=AAA.## (ex. altID=KMW.03)
patch=AA (ex. patch=NR)
savePatch=########### (ex. savePatch=526574726F524D#7769696D6A3264)
XML=name (ex. XML=NewerSMBW)
lang=src1:dest1;...srcN:destN

Escape method: `variable` (backquote, unshifted ~)
standard variables: (set by Builder)
R=[E|J|U] (DiskID Region)
CC=[EU|JP|US] (Two letter Country Code)
Lan=[Eng|Fra|Ger|Ita|Spa] (Three letter Language)
FULLLan=[ENGLISH|FRENCH|GERMAN|ITALIAN|SPANISH] (Full text full caps language)
If you want more assistance with writing plugins feel free to contact me either by PM or at [email protected] (Be sure to put something specific in title if emailing)

CaseyOmah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.caseyomah.com
XP
Country
United States
I have not included save banner support yet, If you tell me how it's implemented I will add it to 1.07

Edit: I was intending on reverse engineering it for 1.07, anyway, but if you tell me the tech it will be faster, also in the future I'm planning on implementing XML file parsing instead of copyFiles= and lang=

Edit2: Actually, looks pretty easy, I'll patch it into 1.06 as soon as I can.

CheatFreak47 Are all the banners the same (per mod), I mean is EU\save_banner the same as US\save_banner?

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Results of testing:
  1. It loop on update — always says there is new version, downloading, unpacking but result is the same — 1.05 and update request.
  2. Tried to make Koopa Country mod, used those settings:
    Selected NSMBW Mod: Koopa Country
    Selected Base Version USAv1 (New Super Mario Bros. Wii.iso)
    Selected Output filetype: WBFS
    Selected Save Slot (ID6): SMN10
    Download Custom Banner: Yes
    Use Banner: Custom
    ================
    Got these errors:

Copying files, please be patient...
    Can't find specified file.

Banner SMN.10.bnr is empty 0 byte file, deleting...
    Original game's banner will be used instead.
  3. Output file name for Koopa Country is "SMN10.WBFS --io 1" & it's size is 4.4 Gb.
  4. Modded iso isn't playable in the Dolphin emu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol