NSMBU Hacking Question

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Pokezuculento, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Pokezuculento
    OP

Pokezuculento GBAtemp Regular

Jul 4, 2016
    Hey, i am in procces of NSMBU hacking, now i see various forms of hack this game, (Change blocks, title screen etc...)
    If you extract a .szs with uwizard (Like Title.szs, block_jump.szs etc...) with the option "Decompress and extract szs.sarc" give you a folder, if you extract a block (Like block_jump, block_ice etc...) give you a .BFRES, you can extract this archive with BFRES Extractor, and give you gtx files, and when you edit this files, you cannot compress? What program compress a folder to .bfres?. And if you extract Title.szs, Game.szs etc... give you a folder with .bflan archives, how you decompress? And compress? If this archives can decompress al can edit the title screen, If exist this programs correct me.
    Sorry for my bad english

2. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    Adelaide, South Australia
    If you want to edit the "tiles" of the game, a tool exists called Puzzle HD. I believe it exports the entire tileset as a .png file and then re-imports it back into a tileset when you finish editing.

3. diddy81

diddy81 Wii Theme Team

Mar 14, 2009
    For the layout file like title.szs you need to use benzinU

CreeperMario likes this.
  4. Pokezuculento
    OP

Jul 4, 2016
    For example, note blocks are not a titleset block, and cannot edit with puzzle hd
    Ok, but how i convert a file bflyt/bflan or xmflyt/xmflan to a editable format?

5. CreeperMario

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    That is done by using a tool called BenzinU. Search for it on the forums. Sorry, I don;t know how it works or how to use it, but you should be able to find decent information on its thread.

6. diddy81

diddy81 Wii Theme Team

Mar 14, 2009
    i already linked to benzinU
    you have to edtract the szs file to the point you get the bflyt/bflan
    then use benzinU to convert them to xmflyt/xmflan this is the editable format
    make your edits convert back to bflyt/bflan and repack the szs

7. Pokezuculento
    OP

Jul 4, 2016
    Ah, ok, but how i edit .xmflyt/.xmflan? A program or.... how?

8. CreeperMario

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    Those can just be edited using a plain text editor (e.g. Notepad, Notepad++, Atom, Programmer's Notepad, CodeLite etc.). They are in a standard XML format, which shouldn;t be too hard to read. Though if you need help with that, look up tutorials on basic XML syntax.

9. Pokezuculento
    OP

Jul 4, 2016
    I have knowledge of xml, and i see the file, have a text of archives in .bflim, for example: CharacterSelectBase_00^.bflim/01^/03^ etc... and LoopIconB_00^.bflim/01/02/03-31 if there are any way to unpack is a posibility for edit the title screen or any part of the game :)

10. AboodXD

AboodXD I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.

Oct 11, 2014
    United Arab Emirates
    Not under a rock.
    Ummm, I have actually done all kind of hacks you mentioned above. :D
    (Without noticing I'm *that* great)

BTW, editing bflyt/bflan files is useless (As far as I have seen). The real files you're after are the bflim files.
    I made a bflim extractor, which you can find in my signature. (It's not complete, it still needs a lot of work)

I also made a GTX extractor, which you can also find in my signature. (This one is near completion)

The method I use to edit BFRES is hex editing, because you shouldn't rely on things like TexHaxU.

Last edited by AboodXD, Sep 30, 2016
  11. Pokezuculento
    OP

Jul 4, 2016
    thx :) i want to download to try it!