Hacking NSMBU Hacking Question

Pokezuculento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, i am in procces of NSMBU hacking, now i see various forms of hack this game, (Change blocks, title screen etc...)
If you extract a .szs with uwizard (Like Title.szs, block_jump.szs etc...) with the option "Decompress and extract szs.sarc" give you a folder, if you extract a block (Like block_jump, block_ice etc...) give you a .BFRES, you can extract this archive with BFRES Extractor, and give you gtx files, and when you edit this files, you cannot compress? What program compress a folder to .bfres?. And if you extract Title.szs, Game.szs etc... give you a folder with .bflan archives, how you decompress? And compress? If this archives can decompress al can edit the title screen, If exist this programs correct me.
Sorry for my bad english

D

Deleted User

If you want to edit the "tiles" of the game, a tool exists called Puzzle HD. I believe it exports the entire tileset as a .png file and then re-imports it back into a tileset when you finish editing.

Pokezuculento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, i am in procces of NSMBU hacking, now i see various forms of hack this game, (Change blocks, title screen etc...)
If you extract a .szs with uwizard (Like Title.szs, block_jump.szs etc...) with the option "Decompress and extract szs.sarc" give you a folder, if you extract a block (Like block_jump, block_ice etc...) give you a .BFRES, you can extract this archive with BFRES Extractor, and give you gtx files, and when you edit this files, you cannot compress? What program compress a folder to .bfres?. And if you extract Title.szs, Game.szs etc... give you a folder with .bflan archives, how you decompress? And compress? If this archives can decompress al can edit the title screen, If exist this programs correct me.
Sorry for my bad english
For example, note blocks are not a titleset block, and cannot edit with puzzle hd
If you want to edit the "tiles" of the game, a tool exists called Puzzle HD. I believe it exports the entire tileset as a .png file and then re-imports it back into a tileset when you finish editing.
Ok, but how i convert a file bflyt/bflan or xmflyt/xmflan to a editable format?

D

Deleted User

Ok, but how i convert a file bflyt/bflan or xmflyt/xmflan to a editable format?
That is done by using a tool called BenzinU. Search for it on the forums. Sorry, I don;t know how it works or how to use it, but you should be able to find decent information on its thread.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
i already linked to benzinU
you have to edtract the szs file to the point you get the bflyt/bflan
then use benzinU to convert them to xmflyt/xmflan this is the editable format
make your edits convert back to bflyt/bflan and repack the szs

Pokezuculento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i already linked to benzinU
you have to edtract the szs file to the point you get the bflyt/bflan
then use benzinU to convert them to xmflyt/xmflan this is the editable format
make your edits convert back to bflyt/bflan and repack the szs
Ah, ok, but how i edit .xmflyt/.xmflan? A program or.... how?

D

Deleted User

Ah, ok, but how i edit .xmflyt/.xmflan? A program or.... how?
Those can just be edited using a plain text editor (e.g. Notepad, Notepad++, Atom, Programmer's Notepad, CodeLite etc.). They are in a standard XML format, which shouldn;t be too hard to read. Though if you need help with that, look up tutorials on basic XML syntax.

Pokezuculento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those can just be edited using a plain text editor (e.g. Notepad, Notepad++, Atom, Programmer's Notepad, CodeLite etc.). They are in a standard XML format, which shouldn;t be too hard to read. Though if you need help with that, look up tutorials on basic XML syntax.
I have knowledge of xml, and i see the file, have a text of archives in .bflim, for example: CharacterSelectBase_00^.bflim/01^/03^ etc... and LoopIconB_00^.bflim/01/02/03-31 if there are any way to unpack is a posibility for edit the title screen or any part of the game :)

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Ummm, I have actually done all kind of hacks you mentioned above. :D
(Without noticing I'm *that* great)

BTW, editing bflyt/bflan files is useless (As far as I have seen). The real files you're after are the bflim files.
I made a bflim extractor, which you can find in my signature. (It's not complete, it still needs a lot of work)

I also made a GTX extractor, which you can also find in my signature. (This one is near completion)

The method I use to edit BFRES is hex editing, because you shouldn't rely on things like TexHaxU.

Last edited by AboodXD,

Pokezuculento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummm, I have actually done all kind of hacks you mentioned above. :D
(Without noticing I'm *that* great)

BTW, editing bflyt/bflan files is useless (As far as I have seen). The real files you're after are the bflim files.
I made a bflim extractor, which you can find in my signature. (It's not complete, it still needs a lot of work)

I also made a GTX extractor, which you can also find in my signature. (This one is near completion)

The method I use to edit BFRES is hex editing, because you shouldn't rely on things like TexHaxU.
thx :) i want to download to try it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol