Hacking NSMB Wii Sound Effect Hacking

PaperTeej20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my first post on GBAtemp, so please be gentle. I've looked all over the internet for hours on end.

I'm trying to extract the sound effects from a brsar which I got from the New Super Mario Bros Wii iso. I was able to get 5 of them by using ripping mama. They're all yoshi sounds from prevous games, though, so they're not much help.

What I really want to get at are the voice files for the Koopalings and Bowser Jr. They're in there, but Ripping Mama skips over them, and I don't know why. I'm a total wii iso hacking noob, but I do have some prior knowledge.

If anyone knows of a way to get ALL the files from the NSMB Wii BRSAR, I would appreciate it greatly.

Not to mention, I can't find those voice files anywhere on the internet, so I would post them for others to use, because I have seen a TON of people requesting them at other sites...

Thanks in advance!
gbasp.gif

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try the program "brsar unpacker." If you're patient I would wait for kryal to release the new release of brawlbox which will have brsar support. Other than that there isn't anything else you can try.

PaperTeej20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! I guess all I can do is wait. I tried brsar unpacker to no avail. It gives me even fewer files than ripping mama. But I've not heard of Brawlbox... I assume it was made specifically for Brawl's brsar, right?

Hopefully, kryal's new version will support NSMB Wii. I know I'm not the only one who wants those voices. It's so frustrating that Ripping Mama sees them, and I know it's them from the file names, but it can't extract them! Plus, I can't program to save my life, and I'm a DOS noob, so that's not much help, either.

Oh well. Time to play the waiting game.

Eh, the waiting game sucks. Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos!
biggrin.gif

Edit:
I'm a bit better than I thought, apparantly. I figured out why Ripping Mama won't get all the files: The file structure of the BRSAR! There are many subdivisions of folders in the brsar, and my guess is that Ripping Mama doesn't dig deep enough to extract the files! I looked at the file structure of Cooking Mama's BRSAR (which this program was built for) and it's far less subdivided.

I used brawlbox to look at the file structure, by the way.

To that end, if anyone out there knows C, I and everyone who has been needing these voice files for various creative projects implore you to edit the source (included with the file) for me so I can dig deeper into the brsar and get those voice files!

I will help in any way I can with this endeavor, but I really need those files! Thanks in advance!

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
PaperTeej20 said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
Kryal just released a new version of brawlbox for those interested.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238861

This could be what you want, but I haven't tested it myself.
Thanks, but that's the one I tried already. It essentially crashes when I try to extract the individual sound file..
I managed to extract some files
tongue.gif

Though, I suppose, they're useless.

PaperTeej20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. They're empty _auto files. I'm not even sure what to do with those, as the program gives me an error before it can extract them. They're 0 bytes, so they're essentially useless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: chat,you know I gotta do it